Bug - Won't Fix Grinder / Anapests problem

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
I don't feel like it's worthwhile to make everything support that effect (because I'm sure it isn't just pie parts). Just remove the effect if you want mafia to track things properly.

Maybe someone else will decide otherwise and add support for it.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Mafia checks the response from KoL to see what happened, and anapests changes the response for just about everything into a harder-to-parse format.

Catch-22

In the case of Anapests, I'm assuming the familiar message becomes genericized, similar to what happens in haiku combat. Tracking it would be possible, but not trivial. It probably gets tiring, as reports of things not working under anapests/haiku combat tend to crop up almost every other week.

Erich

What about doing a check to see if the fight was won? The same problem happens with the Hare, where it increments but doesn't register the +1 adventure and keeps incrementing. If the pie drops, or the counter reaches 12/12 (or 15/15 for the gibberer), mafia could just reset it. Or is that too un-trivial?

Winterbay

Does the fight page actually tell you that you've received a pie or do you get a generic message saying that your familiar did something, but not what?

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
What about doing a check to see if the fight was won? The same problem happens with the Hare, where it increments but doesn't register the +1 adventure and keeps incrementing. If the pie drops, or the counter reaches 12/12 (or 15/15 for the gibberer), mafia could just reset it. Or is that too un-trivial?

Yes, changes like that could be made in several hundred places to support Anapests. It might not be impossible.