Feature More Proxy Records for Familiars

Catch-22

It would be nice if there were more proxy records for the familiars data. I noticed things are currently a little static when it comes to programmability of familiar data, with some stuff appearing in the modifiers but not in the proxy records, etc.

For starters, I think the underwater familiar property could be a proxy record. Secondly, I think the charges property could be used for more than just the happy medium.

There's a lot more properties that could also be included, I envisage more "types" than what is already in familiar data. Some examples would be easier to understand :)

Returned: Rogue Program
name => Name
hatchling => glowing frisbee
equipment => portable motorcycle
image => tronguy.gif
type => combat,starfish
type2 => potato
drops => 5 _tokenDrops
charges =>
underwater => false

Returned: Pair of Stomping Boots
name => Name
hatchling => stomp box
equipment => fairy-worn boots
image => stompboots.gif
type => combat,runaway
type2 =>
drops => 7 _pasteDrops
charges => bootsCharged
underwater => false

Returned: Wizard action figure
name => Name
hatchling => wizard action figure
equipment => mint-condition magic wand
image => Waf.gif
type => combat,volleyball/3,fairy/3
type2 => volleyball/3,fairy/3
drops =>
charges =>
underwater => false

Returned: Squamous Gibberer
name => Name
hatchling => squamous polyp
equipment => unspeakable lozenges
image => Gibberer.gif
type => combat,potato,whelp,adv
type2 =>
drops =>
charges =>
underwater => true

I think the properties should be fairly self-explanatory, except "type2" which means the effect you get in addition to "type" when they are wearing the appropriate equipment.

I know there's probably examples of familiars that don't fit the mold which you could try to use to poke holes in my feature request, but that doesn't mean the idea behind it should be dismissed.

Last edited:

Winterbay

How would the underwater-proxy field work together with the bathyscope? Should the proxy-field be "this is an underwater familiar" or "can this familiar currently breathe underwater"?

Catch-22

How would the underwater-proxy field work together with the bathyscope? Should the proxy-field be "this is an underwater familiar" or "can this familiar currently breathe underwater"?

It would mean the familiar can breathe underwater without any special equipment. KoLWiki lists this as "Can breathe underwater".

Winterbay

Right, because the modifier "Underwater Familiar" changes from false to true if you equip a familiar item that allows you to adventure underwater.

Catch-22

Right, because the modifier "Underwater Familiar" changes from false to true if you equip a familiar item that allows you to adventure underwater.

Oh, awesome :) even more a case why it would be nice to have it as a property of the familiar too.

Bale

Minion
Winterbay was explaining that it is not entirely a property of the familiar, but if you want to know, you can use whatif familiar Grouper Groupie and boolean_modifier("_spec", "Underwater Familiar") to find out.