AutoPvP - automatically process your PvP fights

Tom Sawyer

Ok programming gurus......

How hard would it be to take 10 of the beat me up bots and make a table that a PvP script could pull from? Or even more than 10? So the script would check Name 1, initiate a fight, wait 30 seconds, pick the next name, and so on.

I will be blunt in saying I do not see myself on top of any of the hills. But I would like to HC perm the skills. So grinding 10 fights each day cries out for an easy automation which was the point of the beat me up bots.

Cheers!

Bale

Minion
You're doing it wrong. Random fights give more swagger than attacking "beat me up" bots. A targeted opponenet will only give you 1 swagger if you win. A random fight will give 1 swagger if you lose or 2 swagger if you win. That means losing to a random opponent is as good as winning against a "beat me up" bot. Always attack random opponents unless you're trying to maximize flower gains.

Anyway, I have no idea where to find a list of "beat me up" bots.

Donavin69

Although I agree with Bale, the programming wouldn't be too difficult. While in HC, the stat losses are minimal (not the 200/fight in aftercore), so I don't like the option of limiting myself to specific opponents. If there is enough want for this, I'll code it, given that someone posts who these said 'bots' are...

Tom Sawyer

Although I agree with Bale, the programming wouldn't be too difficult. While in HC, the stat losses are minimal (not the 200/fight in aftercore), so I don't like the option of limiting myself to specific opponents. If there is enough want for this, I'll code it, given that someone posts who these said 'bots' are...

True enough, the stat loss in HC is trivial. As for the "bots" perhaps I used the wrong word. They are the player characters designed to loose. Perhaps punching bags or 99 zulu pop up target would better :)

Sentrion

The bots I know of are:

natninja
Der Wikinger
Candyblastspader
Awesomebyproxy
Vlad the Imp Aler
Lodetester
the atom
Kitzpatrick
kirschenius
caeliosity
Chezactor It
Hairfruition
Toot Oracle
PlayerVsPhil
PhilVsPlayer
weakandweary
overnumerousness
savva
ace of spades
contortion
kongbeast
frisesomorum
mentallychallenged

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
As with most current scripts, this requires ZLib
"most current scripts"? Can't say I've ever written a script that used zlib...

Sets 2 ZLib vars for the Win message and Lose message, (AutoPvP_WinMsg and AutoPvP_LoseMsg)
Perhaps using KoLmafia's existing built-in settings would be better:

defaultFlowerLossMessage
defaultFlowerWinMessage

Especially since I will make KoLmafia set those to whatever you have set for your defaults in KoL itself, as soon as CDM makes that available to me - which Gemelli said was something he was already working on...

Donavin69

"most current scripts"? Can't say I've ever written a script that used zlib...

That's why I said most, there are still some people that write scripts that don't rely on the ZLib library of functions.

Perhaps using KoLmafia's existing built-in settings would be better:

defaultFlowerLossMessage
defaultFlowerWinMessage

I didn't find these settings when I looked, but admittedly I was looking for something with PvP (or the like) in the name. I'll change the script to use these settings rather than a separate zlib setting.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
That's why I said most, there are still some people that write scripts that don't rely on the ZLib library of functions.
I was questioning your use of "most". I still do. I will agree that many scripts by the most visible authors here use zlib, but I gave myself as an example of scripter who writes self-contained scripts. I respectfully suggest that "most" scripts written by ASH coders as a whole, rather than just the "most visible" scripters are similarly self-contained.

Winterbay

I would argue that "most" scripters probably never post a single script to kolmafia.us and so it is very hard to actually know anything :)

Donavin69

I was questioning your use of "most". I still do. I will agree that many scripts by the most visible authors here use zlib

Ok, this was my 'meaning' of most, I will change my wording for future scripts. On the same topic, I have noticed that people like Bale post an actual link to the Zlib script, how does he do that?

Donavin69

On another note, is there any reason for this script to continue to exist with the additions of the CLI commands (other than a lot of people seem to use it)?

Theraze

As I understand it at the moment, its reporting is still better than mafia's as it lets you know win/lose including the name of your victim. That's on the list of things they're trying to add to the built-in logging though, as I understand it.

After mafia catches up/passes the script, I'd leave it for training's sake... helps new scripters to figure things out if they can see what's been done in the past. But unless you feel especially motivated, updating it might not be the most important priority...

Donavin69

I decided to add into the AutoPvP script the capability to keep my mood going (after I forgot to increase my buffs, and lost a bunch of fites)

So, now it will Mood Execute between each fite (technically before each fite).

Bale

Minion
I hope it isn't rude to say so, but I don't use a script anymore. I simply use "pvp flowers ballyhoo" to run my fights while my Before PVP Script maintains relevant buffs. Mafia has all the native functionality I need.

charred

ive also started using "flowers ballyhoo" i miss the coloring for wins/losses a bit but thats all. one thing ive noticed using mafias flowers command is that mafia is using multiple win/loss messages. is there a list of the messages somewhere in mafia? its not changing whats in the boxes when i go there manually but its using 2 different messages for wins, and 2 others for losses

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
The random messages are stored in PeeVPeeRequest, if you want to go digging through the source code. What you probably want instead is to pick the message that gets used, which you can do with defaultFlowerLossMessage and defaultFlowerWinMessage.

Donavin69

I hope it isn't rude to say so, but I don't use a script anymore. I simply use "pvp flowers ballyhoo" to run my fights while my Before PVP Script maintains relevant buffs. Mafia has all the native functionality I need.

That was my point a few posts ago, Mafia has the functionality built in now...I just updated this to keep the functionality here...I also liked my addition of the reporting on how I did for the day...