Bug - Not A Bug Meat from store doesn't show up

fianor

When something from my store is sold, the "Meat Gained:" of "Session Results" in "Overview" tab does not go up. I log in with mafia, run my farm script and then sit in chat all day. It would be nice if my meat gained would be correct when I log out before going home for the day.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
How do you suggest that KoLmafia discover that something has sold? You don't get an event. It would have to continually parse the store log and notice new sales as they come in.

Aside from the fact that this is not a "Bug" by any stretch of the imagination - sales from your Store have nothing to do with your "Session Results" (the results from your "Session" - things that YOU did, rather than things that passively happen to you, like selling stuff in your store or people sending you meat or items in kmail) - I don't see any reasonable way to do what you want.

Rejected.

Last edited:

fianor

I'm not real well versed on what events we get, I was hoping this wouldn't be too tough. Can we add an ash command or button somewhere that will parse the store log and add what it finds to the "meat gain"? That would allow us to easily keep track of how much more meat we have now than we did before we logged in while not really adding a lot of load to the server by continually requesting the log and parsing it.

"Meat gain" taking my purchases from the mall into account was what made me think this was a bug.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Your purchases from the mall are actions that YOU took - active decisions by you, rather than passive results from somebody else's actions.

slyz

Developer
This can be done with an ASH script and a bit of regex. I don't think any support needs to be added in KoLMafia itself.