Reading half of the Strange Leaflet

Tirian

I like to leave the Strange Leaflet for stat days because, hey, extra 100 stat points. But then I can miss out on a day or two of enjoying an actual house in my campsite. I know that Veracity's script gives the power to save the magic words for another day, but I know that I wouldn't remember which words to use by the time the day came.

So, this is my version of having my cake and eating it too. This script will go through the first half of the Strange Leaflet, picking up the House and grue egg, and return to your starting point outside the house. Then, when stat day comes around, you just run Veracity's script which is able to contain its puzzlement that half of the tasks have already been accomplished.

Edited: this is now version 1.1, with printed details so that you can see that the
script is making progress. Also slightly prettified.

Attachments

• leaflette.ash
    1.6 KB · Views: 179
  • TirianLib.ash
    17.7 KB · Views: 162

Tirian

No, you only get to say one magic word per ascension. If it wasn't the right one, then you're out of luck.

[quote author=Tirian link=topic=117.msg488#msg488 date=1146005958]
One quick note: the script may look like it's not doing anything, just displaying "Result accomplished" and sitting there.  Actually, it is accomplishing twenty results in immediate succession.  Open up a CLI window before you become completely convinced that it is frozen. :)
[/quote]
A simple trick to prevent this mind trickery would be:
void execute_command(string command)
{
string start;
string finish;
start = "leaflet.php?pwd&command=";
finish = "&whatnow=Do+It";
//give the user some sort of idea what's going on.
print(command);
cli_execute(start+command+finish);
}

Tirian

I had to read this twenty minutes after running the script for one of my characters, didn't I?

I'll test it out. I didn't think that it would do more than flash my brief reassurance that something was going on, but I suppose even that might look more attractive than a solid wall of "Result accomplished."

Edit: Oh right, I have several characters all moving at the same time. One advantage of trying to get a bunch of gloomy mushrooms, I suppose. Anyway, the extra print command does do a lot for the display -- good call! I've brushed up the script and slapped a new version number that is available back at the top of the thread.