Entering more adventures than available

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
I'm not reporting this as a bug because I could be remembering something that never was.

On the Adventure tab, I recall entering X for the number of adventures when I had Y adventures available and X > Y. When I did this and pressed Begin there would be a flash, the value in the box would change to Y and adventures would be spent. I just did this (with conditions set) in r10443 and automation went for one adventure and stopped with conditions not satisfied after one adventure. I liked the former behavior. Was it changed for a good reason that I am conveniently forgetting or is this change a side effect of some of the field work or ???

Thanks.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I just logged into a multi with 67 adventures available.
I accepted a bounty (which set the goal)
I entered "100" into the count box
I hit begin

KoLmafia did not change the number in the count box
KoLmafia started executing
KoLmafia counted down the bounty condition every time it found the bounty item
When the last bounty item was found, KoL turned it in
KoL stopped automation with the message "Conditions satisfied after 54 adventures."

Yes, I recall KoLmafia changing the count to the maximum available, in the past. I don't know when that changed, but I do recall seeing a bug report because somebody was annoyed that when they typed 999, KoLmafia didn't leave it at 999. Apparently, somebody changed it.

I see no change in behavior in adventuring with conditions.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
I saw it spend all Y of my adventures when I've done that recently. I didn't have any goal set (aftercore farming), but the CLI output made it clear that mafia only intended to spend Y turns.

Theraze

What I recall happening was that the number stayed until you aborted it, at which point it updates to be the adventures remaining...

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
What I saw was that I asked for X and got 1 and postulated a link between that and the fact that I asked for more adventures than I had. Since that does not seem to be immediately reproducible I will see if I can make it happen again. Thanks.

slyz

Developer
What Fronobulax reports (Mafia spending only one adventure then stopping) happened to me a couple of days ago, but after unchecking/checking the goal I could adventure normally again. I wasn't able to reproduce it.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Looking at the code, if the spinner ever has a non-Integer in it, InputUtilities.getValue() will return the default - which is 1. But, looking at the code for AutoHighlightSpinner, I don't see how it could ever have anything except an Integer.

Give me a way to reproduce it, and I will investigate.

Theraze

Any chance if they accidentally hit the spacebar it would do that? So "10 " would return 1, while "10" return 10?

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
I don't think the space bar was involved. I saw what I was expecting last night so I'm inclined to believe there is nothing to be done until it can be reproduced. I'll keep paying attention and turn this into a BR if i can reliably reproduce it.

zarqon

I had this happen too -- I'll try to pay attention to possible causes if it happens again.