Pipe Farming Script

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
For the first time ever, I've decided to script some farming. I'm doing a slow level up on my way to a basement dive. I'm collecting duct tape and a bounty every day and am otherwise just adventuring in a suitable levelling location. I noticed that I have over 100 tiny bottles of absinthe and I decided that I may as well convert those into not-a-pipes. Since going to the Item Manager to use the absinthe and then back and forth between my chosen adventuring location and this and that place in the Worm Wood is rather a chore when you do it 20 or more times in a day, I wrote a lttle script. And in case somebody finds it useful - for ideas, if for nothing else - here it is.

Execute the script and KoLmafia prompts you for two things:

- cycles is how many not-a-pipes to get.
- place is where to spend advantures when you are out of the Worm Wood.

The script verifies that you have enough bottles of absinthe (otherwise it decreases cycles).
The script verifies you have 10 * cycles turns available (otherwise it decreases cycles)
The script then farms the requested number of not-a-pipes.

Use this as you will.

Edit: I have updated the script to incorporate some things I learned from Crowther's script.

Attachments

• farm-pipes.ash
    3 KB · Views: 213

Crowther

Awww. I hoping to keep that trick for myself.

Anyway, it's interesting to see how your version differs from mine. Here's mine.

Attachments

• FarmPipe.ash
    1,014 bytes · Views: 75

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I like how you use "have_effect($effect[Absinthe-Minded])".
I also like how you use conditions to stop when you get the effect, although I don't like having to break into cli_execute to do so.

You're obviously a more experienced ASH scripter than I.
I can code ASH better than I can code in ASH. :)

Edit: Here is a modified version of the script that uses some things I learned from your script.
It also has some added functionality:

You can come in already Absinthe-Minded and the script will pick up wherever you happen to be. If you've used some turns inappropriately, the script may not be able to acquire a required effect. It will detect this and abort.

Attachments

• farm-pipes.ash
    3 KB · Views: 198

Crowther

[quote author=Veracity link=topic=1279.msg5928#msg5928 date=1192911234]You can come in already Absinthe-Minded and the script will pick up wherever you happen to be. If you've used some turns inappropriately, the script may not be able to acquire a required effect. It will detect this and abort.
[/quote]
That's great! I was thinking about doing that, someday.