Hippymon's sidequest catalog, updated 09 December 2007

hippymon

Heya all, I figured I would make up some scripts for sidequests and here they are! The only one I have tested so far is Artist.ash. I will be making more and adding them to the list.. As soon as I complete them. If you would like to see a script of any sort please feel free to K-mail Popo131 in-game or PM me via this forum.

Please, anyone with suggestions, post them, most of the scripts need modifications to make them more efficient..

EDIT: All scripts have been updated; 09 December 2007.

Attachments

• Artist.ash
    1.2 KB · Views: 165
  • Ducks.ash
    775 bytes · Views: 169
  • Lighthouse.ash
    1.4 KB · Views: 158
  • MayorQuest.ash
    3 KB · Views: 152
  • Mosquito.ash
    787 bytes · Views: 154
  • Pagoda.ash
    992 bytes · Views: 189
  • FunctionLib.ash
    6.8 KB · Views: 202
Re: Hippymon's sidequest catalog.

I notice some of your scripts (the Orchard, Beach and Ducks in particular) have an actual password hash, rather than the "pwd" variable I see in other scripts. Should that be changed? (I ask out of informed ignorance)

Otherwise, thanks much. I plan to keep them in a folder in my script library, for when I need to pop them out and don't want to remember, for example, how to build a pagoda.

gxc

Re: Hippymon's sidequest catalog, updated 27 Oct 2007

I'd suggest a couple of changes to a few of the lower level ones. I can edit and upload, but it might just be easier to ctrL+c

For Dolphin King, replace
Code:
equip($item[snorkel]);
with
Code:
item curHead = equipped_item($slot[hat]);
equip($item[snorkel]);
use(1, $item[Dolphin King's Map]);
if(!(to_string(curHead) == "none")){
	equip(curHead);
}
It's asinine, I know, but it saves some time. It saves your old helm and then reequips, if you had one.

For Dr. Hobo, replace
Code:
use(1, $item[Dr. Hobo's map]);
with
Code:
equip($item[cool whip]);
use(1, $item[Dr. Hobo's Map]);
if(!(to_string(curWeapon) == "none")){
	equip(curWeapon);
}
Currently the script doesn't work because the whip must be equipped. Also, saves current weapon and requips, if you have one.

For Slug Lord, replace
Code:
if(available_amount($item[bum cheek]) == 0){
cli_execute("conditions clear");
add_item_condition(1, $item[bum cheek]);
adventure(my_adventures(), $location[sleazy back alley]);
}
equip($item[bum cheek]);
use(1, $item[slug lord's map]);
with
Code:
if((available_amount($item[bum cheek]) == 0) && (elemental_resistance($element[stench])==0)){
	add_item_condition(1, $item[bum cheek]);
	adventure(my_adventures(), $location[sleazy back alley]);
}
if(elemental_resistance($element[stench])==0){
	item curHead = equipped_item($slot[hat]);
	equip($item[bum cheek]);
	use(1, $item[Slug Lord's Map]);
	if(!(to_string(curHead) == "none")){
		equip(curHead);
	}
}
else {
	use(1, $item[slug lord's map]);
}
That checks to see if you already have stench resistance or not so you don't waste adventures getting gear you don't need.

Like I said, I can just edit those files and upload them here soon.

---ADDITION---
I also just finished a Defend the Gourd script. Major lulz if you really use this, because it require a huge amount of turns. But, I guess, if you'd like to throw away a few turns here and there, it'd be nice before logging. It saves the number of times you've gone as a preference so it always knows how many you'll need.

But, this is actually a pointless script. Using "gourd()" does the same thing. Again, lol.
*WARNING*
If you've already completed some of these, you first need to open the CLI and enter "set numGourd=x", where x is the number of items the Captain wants you to hand in minus five.
So, currently the Captain is asking me to turn in 12 Can Lids. That means I'd enter "set numGourd=7".

Attachments

• gourd_quest.ash
    963 bytes · Views: 97

hippymon

Um... Yea, to tell you the truth, that just complicates the scripts to a whole new level... Although, the last one is useful...

gxc

It's more user-friendly. Right now, after running some of those scripts, your gear is screwed up. Those changes leave the character in its original gear.

kethoth

functionLib.ash could not be found (Epic weapon.ash, line 2)

**edit** thnx for adding the functionlib

**edit part deux* level 6 script continues adventuring after you get the steel item, the epic weapon script doesn't properly equip "clown gear"

tebee

Error running wizard of ego script

I was explaining to my daughter how good Mafia was and how she could use scripts on her character to do the quests now she's ascended once and finds redoing them boring.

I was trying the wizard of ego script part of Hippymon's sidequest catalog see - http://kolmafia.us/index.php/topic,1185.0.html

Then I got this..........

Unknown variable 'fernswarthy' (Wizard of ego.ash, line 9)

The line in question is -

if(available_amount($item[fernswarthy's key]) == 0 || available_amount($item[fernswarthy's letter]) == 0){

Which looks perfectly valid to me, have I hit a new Mafia bug?

Environment is -
KoLmafia r6094, Windows XP, Java 1.6.0_05

Needless to says, she was not impressed and told me to come back when I'd fixed it!

Tom

dangerpin

Actually the line is

condtions(to_string(fernswarthy's key));

Strangely, fixing the obvious spelling error did not fix the script.

Edit*-I merged the two topics as this really should all be together for proper troubleshooting.

tebee

Yep, your probably right, better merged

For some strange reason my editor was telling me the other line was line 9 but when I count them it's only line 8, so you're right again it's the conditions line.

Should this not be

conditions(1, to_string($item[Fernswarthy's key]));

or even more simply

conditions(1, "Fernswarthy's key");

I guess nobody has ever tried to run this script before!

And it just goes to show in programing, when you make an assumption, always make sure it's a correct assumption, otherwise you can spend a long time looking for errors that aren't there, while missing the glaring mistake on the next line........

Tom

dangerpin

Yeah, even with the simplified line I'm still getting errors as it nears the end of the script, on line 18.

I suspect you are right, you may be the only person to have run this particular script.

tebee

OK here's a version that appears to work(attached as well, for download) -

Code:
notify <zammywarrior>;
void ClassLink(){

if(my_class() == $class[seal clubber] || my_class() == $class[disco bandit] || my_class() == $class[pastamancer])
		visit_url("guild.php?place=ocg");
	else if(my_class() == $class[turtle tamer] || my_class() == $class[accordion thief] || my_class() == $class[sauceror])
		visit_url("guild.php?place=scg");
}
## Script created by Zammywarrior(#644117) [KoL name] Hippymon [KoLmafia forum name].
## This script is designd to complete the The Wizard of Ego POST-cyrpt
## quest for you. Questions? Comments? Please K-mail them to ZammyWarrior via KoL.
void main(){
	ClassLink();
	if(available_amount($item[Fernswarthy's key]) == 0 || available_amount($item[Fernswarthy's letter]) == 0){
		add_item_condition(1, $item[Fernswarthy's key]);
		adventure(my_adventures(), $location[pre-cyrpt cemetary]);
	}
	ClassLink();
	Class Link();
	visit_url("fernruin.php");
	if(available_amount($item[dusty old book]) == 0 || available_amount($item[manual of labor]) == 0 || available_amount($item[manual of transmission]) == 0 || available_amount($item[manual of dexterity]) == 0){
		add_item_condition(1, $item[dusty old book]);	
		adventure(my_adventures(), $location[fernswarthy's ruins]);
	}
	ClassLink();
}

What I've done is -

1:put a changed version of ClassLink function in the script, as in this quest you need to visit the guild person of the class to which you don't belong.

2:added Class Link();
visit_url("fernruin.php");
as you need to visit the guild person twice then go and open Fernworthy's tower.

3:Added the conditions explicitly to get the key as I couldn't get the function call to work.

4:Added a missing open bracket after the check if you already have the book.

5: Added a "conditions clear" at the end so you are not still looking for the book!

I'll test it all the way through in a few days after I ascend again, I wonder how many people have used the other scripts, I've certainly used a few and had no problems - in fact I've found it a very useful resource. Maybe I should try them all after I ascend!

Tom