how are people handling clip art summoning

So i just bought a clip art tome after having sugar tome already. i realized after the fact that i have summon all tomes set in the breakfast tab of Preferences, but looking at the drop down I don't see clip art listed. I presume this is because there is user interaction needed to select your item. I changed the tome summons dropdown to No Tome Skills so far, but what are people doing, and how are you doing it, to get your clip art daily?

Rinn

Developer
I run this in my logout script:

Code:
int first = 5224;
int last = 5283;

void SummonUnlearned()
{
    int index = first;

string page = visit_url("campground.php?preaction=summoncliparts").to_lower_case();

while (index < last + 1)
    {
        if (!page.contains_text("summoncliparts"))
        {
            print("Ran out of tome summons");
            return;
        }

if (!page.contains_text(index.to_item().to_string().to_lower_case()))
        {
            cli_execute("create 1 " + index.to_item());
            cli_execute("mallsell 1 " + index.to_item());
            page = visit_url("campground.php?preaction=summoncliparts").to_lower_case();
        }
        index = index + 1;
    }
}

void SummonMostExpensive()
{
    int remaining = 3 - get_property("tomeSummons").to_int();
    if (remaining == 0)
    {
        print("Ran out of tome summons");
        return;
    }
    int index = first;

item best = $item[none];
    int price = 0;
    while (index < last + 1)
    {
        int mall = mall_price(index.to_item());
        if (mall > price)
        {
            price = mall;
            best = index.to_item();
        }
        index = index + 1;
    }

cli_execute("create " + remaining + " " + best);
    cli_execute("mallsell " + remaining + " " + best);
}

void SummonClipArt()
{
    if (!have_skill($skill[summon clip art])) return;
    SummonUnlearned();
    SummonMostExpensive();
}

It first summons any unlearned combination, then after you've learned them all it creates the item that has the highest mall price.

Last edited:

Catch-22

Far less sophisticated than Rinn, I just use the CLI. I usually end up using what I summon.

ie. "create 3 bucket of wine"

slyz

Developer
All the items you can summon with Clip Art are simply considered as creatable items. I usually go find the one I want in the Item Manager's "creatables" section.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
I look for creatable items while playing. My logout script scans Clip Items in the Mall, burns any summons remaining on the most expensive item and then places it for for sale. I think I took that code from Bale but then I get a lot of good snippets from Bale.

Bale

Minion
Yup. You got it from me. :D

It's changed a little bit since then and in my loginScript it looks like this:

PHP:
boolean clip_mall() {
	int tomeLeft = 3- get_property("tomeSummons").to_int();
	if(tomeLeft < 1 || !can_interact()) return false;
	item [int] clip;
	for i from 5224 to 5283
		clip[count(clip)] = i.to_item();
	sort clip by -mall_price(value);
	for i from 0 to tomeLeft - 1 {
		create(1, clip[i]);
		print("Sell "+clip[i]+" for "+truncate(mall_price(clip[i])*.95), "blue");
		put_shop(truncate(mall_price(clip[i])*.95), 0,  clip[i]);
	}
	return true;
}

Thanks this has been helpful, but has led me to a point where i'm not sure if it's worth making a request or not. Since this character has a sugar tome as well as the now-purchased clip art tome, i had to edit my preferences/breakfast to "No Tome Skills" otherwise it would burn my summons on non-clip art. However this is also affecting my other chars who haven't got a clip art tome.

Since Clip Art cannot be selected from the dropdown, would it make more sense if summoning preferences were handled with character preferences instead of global preferences, or is there another way to gracefully handle this with current mafia methods?

Winterbay

Since Clip Art cannot be selected from the dropdown, would it make more sense if summoning preferences were handled with character preferences instead of global preferences, or is there another way to gracefully handle this with current mafia methods?

You could have a login-script that turns on and off that setting and calls breakfast afterwards I guess.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
If you're using a login script, it would be easier to summon stuff based on which character is logging in, and just have the setting turned off.