What Trophies Am I Missing?

macman104

This script will go through and tell you what trophies you are missing. It will prompt you if you would like to receive output on how to obtain the trophies or not. It currently has all known trophies, whether it's known how to get them or not.

Let me know if you think there are any improvements to be made. Also, if there are any other types of "check my character for x" type scripts you think would be cool also. I'm planning on making a tattoo script similar to this one as well, but if there are any others, drop a line.

Also, daychilde or someone, where should scripts like these go. The most appropriate name I can come up with is a "utility script" it's not really a writing in progress, and it doesn't really fit into any of the currently existing categories.

EDIT: I suppose it helps to upload the files

Attachments

• trophyMap.txt
    4.2 KB · Views: 186

dangerpin

Awesome idea. On the scripting front this is way over my head, however from a user experience standpoint there are a few things:

If you have any subfolder structures in your scripts file it doesn't work as it looks for the trophymap.txt file at the root of the scripts folder.

Why does it need to prompt for userid? I guess this is so you could help someone else with trophy checking, but you can selectively hide trophies in your case, so this might be less effective.

It gives output for trophies that you can no longer get.
9: Festive Dismemberment; To Get It: Acquire the Missing Fingers effect on July 4th 2006
6: Look, Ma! No Pants!; To Get It: Don't have pants equipped on New Year 2006

On the big plus side, the script is great. I love that you have made the trophymap so easy for a novice to keep updated, that should mean this is one that sticks around for many years. Also, the output in the GCLI looks fantastic, well done!

I will be sure to check out the tatoo script when you put it out.

[quote author=dangerpin link=topic=1007.msg5084#msg5084 date=1183474826]

9: Festive Dismemberment; To Get It: Acquire the Missing Fingers effect on July 4th 2006
[/quote]

[size=5pt]Festive Dismemberment: To get it: Acquire the Missing Fingers effect on July 4th 2006, or 2007[/size]

macman104

[quote author=dangerpin link=topic=1007.msg5084#msg5084 date=1183474826]If you have any subfolder structures in your scripts file it doesn't work as it looks for the trophymap.txt file at the root of the scripts folder.[/quote]Hmm...I believe it actually looks for scripts in a folder called "Datamaps", at least, when you do a map_to_file command, it puts the maps there. If you could show me the folder structure maybe we could find a resolution. I guess I'm not 100% sure how to handle this one.
Why does it need to prompt for userid? I guess this is so you could help someone else with trophy checking, but you can selectively hide trophies in your case, so this might be less effective.
Actually, the reason it prompts for userid, is because the page that I load is "showplayer.php?who=" plus your ID number. Mafia doesn't allow you to convert from your username to your player ID otherwise, I'd simply use the my_name() function. So..while it does allow you to check for another player, it's really the only way I could come up with to check your page.
Maybe I'll allow you to disable this
On the big plus side, the script is great. I love that you have made the trophymap so easy for a novice to keep updated, that should mean this is one that sticks around for many years. Also, the output in the GCLI looks fantastic, well done!
I'm glad you like it! Thank Hola for the print_html function, it allowed me to bold the format and such.

holatuwol

Developer
Right now, I need to implement something that works the first time I try to implement it or I might go crazy.

string my_id(): Added

macman104

[quote author=holatuwol link=topic=1007.msg5108#msg5108 date=1183847043]
Right now, I need to implement something that works the first time I try to implement it or I might go crazy.

string my_id(): Added[/quote]Awesome, thanks!