Relay and combining

I'm a muscle sign with access to the plunger, but I cannot use meat paste to create items because the combine link on my inventory page has been over-ridden with knoll.php?place=paster. This is preventing me from doing all the tests I want to do when new items are added to the game.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
In what way does it "prevent you from doing all the tests you want to do?" What "tests" do you have in mind that require that you combine something with meat paste rather than via the Plunger? Do you believe that not all meat paste recipes are available via the Plunger? If so, can you give me an example of such a recipe?

What, exactly, is the problem?

Thanks.

Well I cannot produce an exact example, however The white belt http://kol.coldfront.net/thekolwiki/index.php/White_belt was smith-able only by the knoll meatsmith for a brief period of time. I simply believe that since the knoll meatsmith can possibly smith an item which cannot be smithed normally that the reverse is also possible, and that the same possibilities apply with the plunger and meat pasting.

This may only apply to items accidentally released, or it may apply to items which the code for the plunger wasn't updated, but the code for meat pasting was. All said, I just like to cover all possibilities.

holatuwol

Developer
Actually, it's probably something you *should* explore outside of mafia, since mafia implicitly trusts anything you input into those fields and updates its internal inventory state accordingly.

I never thought about Kolmafia's inventory tracking being messed up. I guess I didn't think of it because Kolmafia's inventory is rarely right for me anyway. I constantly add items to my store via the relay browser, and enter 0 into the quantity field. Kolmafia thinks I added 0, but KOL adds all of the given item. When you have 11 items selected, and want to "add all" for all of them it's easier to switch the 1 to a 0 than it is to put in the whole number.

I've developed a habit of refreshing my inventory before I do anything with the actual Kolmafia interface because of this. I never thought of mentioning that inventory gets out of whack when doing this because it was something I was doing which is out of the ordinary that was causing it.