Gain Store Credit @ Ye Wizard's Shack Game Shoppe

Bale

Minion
Do you want to gain store credit at Ye Wizard's Shack by buying cards in the mall to trade in? It seems like a tedious thing to do... comparing prices... divide prices by 5 for uncommons and 50 for rares... buying cards... trading them in...

Here's the solution, Store Credit 1.2.2

I originally made this script before I had a use for it. At least not yet. I just made it because it seemed like a fun thing to do. Now that prices are much lower I'm using it and enjoying it's use even more than I enjoyed writing it. Hopefully others will enjoy using it also.

When you run it, you'll be prompted for the maximum meat you wish to spend for each credit and the number of credits you wish to have. The script will keep buying cards until it reaches one of those limits.

This script will keep 1 of each type of card so that you won't use up your playing set.

Attachments

• StoreCredit.ash
    5.7 KB · Views: 206
Last edited:

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
If you have more than 1,000 store credits, they are displayed in the Game Shoppe with commas. Your matcher needs to accomodate this:

Code:
	matcher match_cred = create_matcher("You currently have ([\\d,]+) store credit", page);

Bale

Minion
Ah. Thank you! Fixed script.

The price of cards was only just getting into range for me to use this script and I hadn't accumulated that many points yet! ^o^

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
The very first foil pack I bought had a rare in it. I traded it in for 2,500 store credit and bought a card sleeve. I'm now trying to accumulate one of each regular and foil card. I am missing the 3 foil Rares. Considering that the price of those is actually almost down to the price per store credit I paid today, I should consider just buying them outright, eh?

I'm not even thinking about the tattoo yet.

Bale

Minion
I just noticed that you bought out most of the Alice's Army cards in my store. Thanks for the business! :D

mstieler

Is there a way to set this so it doesn't try to keep 1 of each? I've got 1 of each, but set em in my DC, since I don't actively play.

Bale

Minion
Change line 41. right now it should say this:

PHP:
q = max(item_amount(list[card]) - 1, 0);

Change it to:
PHP:
q = item_amount(list[card]);

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Just a quick thanks for this. I decided I really did not want a script that executed a plan to get credits but I did borrow the information gathering portions for my own use. (Basically I dump out a list of cards I should buy because they are below my target meat per credit and cards I should sell because they are worth more as meat than credits and all of this gets "complicated" because all of my cards are in my DC so I always need to leave one behind. Of course it now seems that several other folks are doing something similar because the cost per credit keeps rising). But thanks for sharing your work.

mstieler

I misunderstood how it worked then. Oops.

Edit: So if I wanted to just trade in my summoned cards for credit, but not buy from the mall, how would i go about that? I tried setting the first prompt to 1, and the second to higher than my current credits + trade-in credits could go, but no luck.

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
I read mstieler's post before he edited in that last part so pardon me for not responding to it 4 days ago. Thank goodness razorboy replied so that I would notice that edit. Sorry.

In response, I've fixed StoreCredit to work the way you want. Now, regardless of what value you have for max_price it will trade in your extra cards until it reaches max_credits. If you don't want it to purchase anything then just set max_price to a ridiculously low value.

adeyke

Of course, if the cards in your inventory have an especially high meat/credit, you might be better off selling your cards and letting the script buy new ones. Already having an item doesn't make it free.

Bale

Minion
Arrrgh. That's what I get for simply fulfilling a request without thinking much about it. You're absolutely correct.

I might revert those changes. If anyone wants it to work without regards for value of cards in inventory, please hurry and download this limited edition release.

I'll probably fix it to trade in cards whose value in meat/credit is lower than max_price and keep the others.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
I'll probably fix it to trade in cards whose value in meat/credit is lower than max_price and keep the others.

FWIW that is what I do manually. My script, based on your code, finds the lowest price per credit and prints lists of cards to buy at that price, cards to sell at the current mall_price() because that exceeds the lowest price per credit and cards to turn in because they are at or under the threshold. I then buy and turn in manually because meat management is an issue with the character doing this. I'd post my script for general consumption except that it only considers cards in my Display Case. I'm weird like that.

razorboy

Hmm, it doesn't seem to want to turn in cards without buying any first. I have an inventory full of cards, I set the max_price to 1 and credits to 1000. I ran the script and it checked the mall prices, then quit.

If you don't want to fix it, it's ok. I know I'm not using it in the way it was intended.

EDIT:
I don't think the max_price works correctly. I set it to 3000, yet it still bought cards at 14k:

Using cached search results for Alice's Army Cleric...
Purchasing Alice's Army Cleric (1 @ 13,800)...
You acquire an item: Alice's Army Cleric
Purchases complete.

Last edited: