REQUEST: someone to tell me how exactly you start a script. documentation unhelpful

bemused

basically, i read the kolmafia script guide, and it fell short on several points, foremost being: what do you write scripts in? i tried using notepad and changing the extention to .ash, like with HTML stuff, which I have dabbled in. reverse engineering it from someone else's script failed abysmally, so i really bloody need help!:confused:

Spiny

Perhaps, first a question as to what sort of script you're looking to write. If you're looking to write a script using the ash language, then Notepad should be fine as your text editor and saving it with a .ash extension should also be fine. You'll want to save it into your .kolmafia/scripts folder so that mafia can access it. On the other hand, if you're looking to write a CCS (Custom Combat Script), you can do so right in your mafia interface. Have you checked the Wiki linked at the top of this page? It has quite a bit of documentation on functions, syntax, etc. You may also wish to do some searching in our repository, it's possible that what you're looking for may already exist in a script that you can simply use.

Welcome to the forum!

bemused

i have'nt checked the wiki yet. i'm just trying to make a script that eats, drinks, etc, then adventures at the castle and autosells the drops.

bemused

joy oh joy! i just discovered that i could just write out cli commands in a notepad document! this simplifies things no end! thanks anyway

Bale

Minion
i have'nt checked the wiki yet. i'm just trying to make a script that eats, drinks, etc, then adventures at the castle and autosells the drops.

If you post your script, we'd be glad to give you pointers on how to solve your problems. Please do!