Forum issue with attachments of files

Spiny

I posted this here, but I'm not sure if Fewyn or anyone noticed. Is anyone else having an issue with not being able to attach files located on one's own computer? It's rather inconvenient to have to upload intended attachments to some external site and then link it in from there. It's driving me nuts that I can no longer do a straight upload of an attachment! :(

To clarify, when I click the manage attachment link and then Add Files, I see Upload files from your Computer | Website. The problem is that Website is clickable and Computer is not. I cannot upload from my computer at all because of this :(

Please is there any way to get this modified?

Bale

Minion
I noticed your posting, but I haven't had that problem.

Fortunately you gave more information this time so I think I found your problem. I think you're overthinking this. You don't need to click on "computer" because it starts off at that setting. Try uploading file without clicking on "website". That might solve it for you.

Spiny

I noticed your posting, but I haven't had that problem.

Fortunately you gave more information this time so I think I found your problem. I think you're overthinking this. You don't need to click on "computer" because it starts off at that setting. Try uploading file without clicking on "website". That might solve it for you.

Oh geeze! I was expecting being able to click computer and have my directories and such show up from there... of course I never tried just clicking select file as I didn't see any files to select. It wasn't intuitive to me and now I feel super dumb... but thank you for illuminating a light to hopefully keep that dumb feeling from returning!

Bale

Minion
This is a good example of why you should always give all possible information about a problem, even when you think everyone else should be seeing it so that there is no reason to trouble yourself. :D

Sometimes it is the obvious things that can't be seen, just like the purloined letter.