Feature - Rejected Easier MCD change

yueli7

For those optimal, changing MCD is a frequent job that requires setting at different zones and upon raising a stat (e.g. +1 to MCD after 1 moxie is gained when plinking)

The current method is to either window to mafia gui and switch tab to gcli and type mcd x and switch tab back to adventure and window back to the relay or (for me) click "detuned radio" on the char pane in the relay (and it is not there if it is off, i.e. 0), which loads the entire misc inventory and a dropdown is needed to select ML, click OK and it reloads the inventory again. apart from the server hits/page waiting it is also annoying because the misc items is a rare page that one visits and it gets set to the default page when inventory is next clicked and often you want to adventure at a zone straight after the MCD is set (may not be the last location, e.g. if levelled up/zone stat req reached).

I suggest either a dropdown box of selections, or a text box that is always on the char pane, that whatever number x is typed in basically does the same job as typing mcd x in the gcli and gives an error if a number >10/11 is typed, or sets it to the max possible if the number is larger than max (i.e. sets radio to 10 if 55 is typed). This might be an opt-in feature, or at the very least maybe the char pane should say detuned radio: 0, if one is in inventory but is off; so that users can turn it up quickly.

kind of a PS... at the king's chamber, which gives the options for MCD that gives the cape or balls. implement some kind of dropdown that gives a choice of ML apart from the 3/7, which will give the hat? :confused:

StDoodle

Minion
Actually, "optimal" would be to leave the MCD at the max unless you need a boss drop. Then you just tweak your combat strategy as out-moxie-ing becomes viable (which it doesn't past level 3, even in a moxie run). :p

That being said, a small amount of javascript (whatever the syntax is for onchange / submit form) and a relay override with a drop-down replacement for the MCD listing would probably do what you're looking for.

I assume he actually meant "optimal stat gain while safe adventuring".

When i'm doing mus or mox classes, i usually raise MCD to be slightly higher than what is safe (and my hp/mp regen items take care of the very slight damage I get.)

For myst classes, i slam it as high as I can and throw on every +ML I can find :p Entangling noodles FTW.

yueli7

I just tweak it down from 10 sometimes, mostly to 8 to maintain +2 substats, though it does get changed a fair amount of times per day :/

Bale

Minion
Huh. I never noticed that there was a /cli command for chat! I'd have typed mcd in 8 in the CLI.

I learned something nice today.

roippi

Developer
There are various relay override scripts that can provide mcd-changing ability. I think that's sufficient to reject, unless someone wants to take this on.