Feature Destination choices for Sailing for Vigin Booty in relay

yueli7

Similar to how the Gallery has an added manual choice in the relay to go to the designated goal, Setting Sail at the Poop Deck can have a button that sails to the desired result.
Currently, upon reaching this adventure choice I turn to mafia and tell it to auto adventure for 1 turn at the Poop Deck so that it may automate the journey to desired co-ordinates.

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
Erm, isn't this counter advanced only by adventuring like 30 times in the Poop Deck, sorta like the Azazel items at the Gate? (My memory's a bit hazy, so correct me if I'm wrong)

yueli7

Receiving this choice adv bans it from happening again for 29 turns at the Poop Deck. Unlike the Shore or Azazel, the 30th isnt a guaranteed "O Cap'm, My Cap'm". Possibly a counter for the ban but it have to be specific for that zone somehow and I dont think its much use for the great majority of players? Whereas it is likely that players will receive the choice within ascensions before reaching the "Swordfish" adventure, and require automated co-ordinates to sail to.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I generally try to time it so that I can show the volcano island map to the navigator the first time I get that adventure...

yueli7

I complete the volcano after I break the prism since that wouldn't be optimal in-run, where I can also afford to wait the 30 or so turns.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I complete the volcano after I break the prism since that wouldn't be optimal in-run, where I can also afford to wait the 30 or so turns.
Assuming you are the same character name in-game, you are currently level 31 with 6 ascensions under your belt. You're not REALLY trying to argue that doing the Nemesis quest in-run is "not optimal" whereas going to the Poop Deck in-run is, somehow, sometimes, "optimal"? Not really? I have no opinion on whether doing the Nemesis in-run is or is not "optimal", but it certainly doesn't hinder me on 5-day HCNP runs, and the ELEW certainly makes L12 and the NS trivial.

Actually, maybe I do have an opinion: I don't care how many stats you can get 1 time out of 30 on the Poop Deck by "setting sail" - and paying a Meat cost to do so! There are MUCH better places to level in-run for Muscle, Myst, OR Moxie classes

I have never, ever, used the "Set Course" adventure to go anywhere whatsoever in-run.

Regardless, having a "Go to goal" button would not be unreasonable. Although, I'd have to set a goal and go out of my way to test it out in aftercore, to debug it...

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
During a speed run, doing anything besides taking stats there would be foolish, if the adventure comes up while going for swordfish. It's better than a clover adventure even, and it probably means about 4 or 5 turns less in your powerleveling zone (for 3 or 4 turns saved on the run, enough to make up for the meat cost in aftercore farming if you can afford the cost in-run). That doesn't mean the majority of people want to take that option though.

As far as the idea of tracking turns until you can get the next sailing adventure, I know there are plenty of other places where I wish mafia tracked that during a run. Cyrpt zones so I can know how likely the boss is to show up on the next turn (when I'm in HC and those fights aren't trivial) and azazel items are the ones that come to mind. I realize that adding all this would be a lot of tracking, so it's not something I would actually request. If it does get added, making it more general would probably be a good idea.

slyz

Developer
I don't really understand how a counter would help. Either you want to sail or you don't, and counter or not, if you want to sail, you will have to adventure in the poop deck until you get yourself some Vigin Booty.

In the cyrpt, as Lost is saying, I always look at the 'Visited locations' pane to know how many adventures I spend in one of the corners, or I look at the logs if it happened during a previous Mafia session.

A location based-counter could be helpful maybe, but I don't see it as something urgent.

yueli7

after losing over 200M at mmg on that account, I no longer use it. My HC account is otbeelf, though I only play every other day on it, though I can do a 5 day HCNP soon (nearly 200 lucre).
Anyway, as a muscle class, sometimes I may need to choose the moxie location when setting sail as its that point in the game where I nearly have the 65 moxie to equip black greaves. Otherwise, since the option is right in front of you, its optimal to go muscle stats than save a small amount of meat and wait for the gallery/clover.

lostcalpolydude's point on the crypt/azazel is a very valid one, and needs its own feature request thread regarding zone specific counters. How I play the crypt corners is that I boost NC and adventure till I get the noncombat in each zone, then move on to the next (as I am too weak to beat the boss), and then go back later with more stats/buffed to clear up the bosses (lich boss I use the item). For those that play every day, its not hard to remember which crypt corners you have had NC's with, but sometimes I've had even just a day or two break and I forget which corners I've prepared the bosses for. Azazel is a more an ideal zone for a counter, where we know that every 10th at the gate is an item, and 7th is a follow demon choice. Sometimes I have buffs on and I would rather use that turn elsewhere than waste it on getting an item, or just want to know if I can finish the quest on that day.