Preventing Mafia from autocasting Ode to Booze

slyz

Developer
I just had mafia use all my MP (I'm in HC, day 1) by casting Ode to Booze when I asked it to drink through the Item manager.

I generally know how to handle Mafia, and I know when I made a mistake, but I don't really see how I could prevent Mafia from doing this. I'm not certain this won't happen when drinking from the Relay Browser either. I'm pretty sure this happened to me before, but since it never was in a situation with such tight resources, I never bothered to find out how to go around this (this day 1 has been awful, I really needed to drink and couldn't spare all this MP for Ode).

The "are you sure you want to drink without Ode?" is really great, but skipping the question and simply casting it can waste resources and should be at least configurable. Is it the case? Apart from not having enough MP, is there a way to avoid this ? For info, I had Mana Burning set to 90% but my MP was 51/67.

I'll make a feature request once I'm certain this wasn't just a mistake on my part and there isn't a way to avoid this behavior.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I've never had it cast ode automatically, but looking at the code, by golly, if you don't have the effect, know the skill, have an accordion, and currently have enough MP to cast it, it will try to cast it for you. The "are you sure" message comes AFTER doing that; it might have failed to cast it because of song limits or didn't even try because of mp limitation.

Huh. I don't see a way to avoid it, so, file a feature request...

slyz

Developer
Ok, thanks!

EDIT: as an afterthought, I think I already saw Mafia shrug off a song in order to cast Ode, without the "are you sure" message. I don't think this is relevant here though.

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
True. I have a lot of experience at that. If you've already got your song limit, then you get a pop-up asking if you want to drink without ode.