Hardcore, no bartender ...

gemelli

For the past hojillion runs, I've been building bartenders in HC in order to save on turns. Now, with Inigo's available, I'm making a shot at going bartender-free.

What's got me puzzled is the Item Manager behavior. When I had a bartender active, the Item Manager always showed me the list of all the drinks I could mix (based on ingredients on hand and NPC-available items). But without a bartender, I'm only seeing a list of boozes available in inventory. I would expect this if I had the "no create" option turned on in the Item Manager, but it's definitely off.

I haven't been able to find any other configuration option that could be related. I'm sure there's something simple I'm missing, but I'm not to proud to ask for help finding it :)

Thanks!

gemelli

As an FYI, I found the setting buried in my prefs file ... requireBoxServants was set to True. Changing it to False fixed things. Still not sure where this is defined in the Mafia UI, but at least I can control it now.

Bale

Minion
ALSO! Make sure you turn off "repair on explosion" or it will create a bartender if it can ever get the correct parts into your inventory.

Bad experience. Don't ask. :(