Llama gong weirdness

Effovex

I'm having two problems with llama lama gongs.

The first is that whenever I /use gong in the command line, it never refreshes, then when I try to refresh, I'm short a gong, three turns, and I have the +50% item find effect - the logs show mafia decided what I should do with my gong.

So in order to avoid that, I've taken to going into my inventory, even though that's super slow and I hate it, whenever I need to use a gong. Workaround works.

My second problem is that today, I tried using a gong (from inventory) before getting the Welcome Back adventure. While I was getting the "still on a journey" result, Mafia spontaneously used my gong anyway, went form of the roach, increased my off-stats and gave me +50% item find.

Is there a way to prevent mafia from ever choosing anything from the gong? I can't find any.

slyz

Developer
From Mafia's main window, go to: Adventure -> Choice Advs (tab in the middle row) -> Item (tab on the left).

There you can configure what you want Mafia to do when you use a llama gong.

I never had any problem when using a gong from inventory, although I mainly do that to get BridForm.

EDIT: you can choose 'show in browser' as an option, if you want to have control.

Kirkpatrick

Note that you can also direct mafia to do whatever you like with a gong from the command line: "gong bird" takes me to birdform every time, no fuss, no muss.