Ingrediants Farmer Script Request

codster62

Ok, I have been working on ascending and perming all the sauce, booze, and food crafting skills. Anyways, I was wanting to know if anybody can create a script for me that will MAX item drops, and then adventure in several places getting as many ingrediants for things as it can. Example Ingrediants to find: Hellion cubes, and other items for crafting food and booze... If anybody can do this, I would greatly appreciate it, and find some sort of award.

zarqon

Oooh "some sort of award!" I'll get right on this!

Doubt you'll get any takers unless you actually specify an award.

codster62

I don't really know yet. I don't have much. How about 5 chunks of depleted grimacite to whoever makes it... :) Sorry if that's not enough, but that's really all I got.

I would have no problem creating this script, seems simple enough, but it would be so much easier if you would specify which items you want to farm.

codster62

Well, I think zarqon is already taking care of it, but I am not sure yet. How about holding off till he responds... I wouldn't want you to waste your time. :) But, either way, I just want it too farm all the items required to make advanced and Superhuman Cocktailcrafting drinks, and also the High level pasta's and whatnot. :) Just all the ingrediants to make various craft. A script for collecting ingrediants for use in Superhuman Cocktailcrafting, Advanced saucecrafting, and Pastamastery to the highest extent. :) And to make it optimal, make it check my inventory to see which ingrediants I don't have and what I have the most of so it does not farm for the same item 200 adventures or whatnot.

Rinn

Developer
It'd probably be more efficient to just buy the ingredients and farm somewhere else to get the meat to pay for them.

codster62

Well, I am not buying them for personall use, I want them for crafting and reselling, I guess. Only about 10% of all the items I get will be for personall use, so buying them will not be as efficient... I just want something that will do it manually for me and hunt around for items.

Grotfang

Developer
Only about 10% of all the items I get will be for personall use, so buying them will not be as efficient...

It doesn't matter whether it is for your use or for your Grandma's use... it may still be more efficient to farm the meat. If you work out the drop rate you are targetting as well as the value of the items in /trade or the mall, then you can work out a meat equivalent for the turns you would spend farming those items. If that meat equivalent figure (it should also take into account items that drop that you aren't chasing, as well as actual meat drops, by the way) is less than the amount you could generate by meat farming, then you are throwing away meat.

codster62

Well, that may be true, but I really just have became bored lately, and I would rather farm for ingrediants myself rather then buy them in the mall or from /trade. either way... I don't mean bored by kol, but just with standard castle farming I have been doing. So, I want this script. :) So if anybody can make this script for me(Still waiting on zarqon's response), then I can pay 5 chunks of DG for it. :) I think that is fair if this is a simple script. Also,if the person who creates this would like to incorporate some of there other ideas to make this an optimal script, go ahead.

Spiny

For the sauce part, take a look at my Potion Checker script (link in my signature). It will assess your inventory for potions on hand and components to make said potions. If you see something you want, and don't have, you'll know the item you're missing and you can go about spending some turns getting them on your own or automate the turns with mafia boosting item drops and setting a goal of +qty itemname.

Alternatively, you can burn some clovers getting certain items. Maybe you have access to a mushroom field and can plant mushrooms, in which case farming for mushrooms would be a waste of time. Maybe you have access to a still in which case you'll need to decide whether to still up fruit for potions or for superhuman booze. There are decisions to make that I feel only you can make in the moment. You honestly don't want someone to come up with a script to farm every possible item out there that can be cooked, mixed, or potioned up into something. These decisions need to be made by you and you alone. Otherwise you may end up with... oh I don't know... tons of uncooked chorizo and taco shells! One mob drops both in one location too, that's great farming efficiency, but gawd that's crappy food for profit....

Off my soap box.

codster62

Ok, here is a list of things I will be making. I am going to want the script to get all items required to make these items. But like I said before, make it optimall, check and see what is already there in my inventory, and so on.

PASTAMASTERY (Foods I will be making):

Boring Spaghetti
Delicious Noodles
Delicious Spicy Noodles
Painfull Penne Pasta
Pr0n M4nic0tti
Ravioli Della Hippy
Spicy Noodles
Knob Lo Mein
Knoll Lo Mein
Spooky Lo Mein
Hell Ramen
Cold Hi Mein
Hot Hi Mein

ADVANCED AND SUPERHUMAN COCKTAILCRAFTING (Drinks I will be making):

Tropical Swill
Pink Pony
FuzzBump
Ocean Motion
Roll In The Hay
Rockin Wagon
Calle de Miel
Blended Frozen Swill

Mon Tiki
Yellow Brick Road
Prussian Cathouse

NOTE: I also want this script to make use of the Nash Crosby's Still if available.

ADVANCED SAUCECRAFTING (Sauces and Potions):

Philter of Phorce
Frogade
Serum of Sarcasm
Tomato Juice of Powerfull Power
Milk of Magnesium

Hell Broth(Also required to make Hell Ramen)

SUMMONING ITEMS: I want these farmed for if there are none in my inventory.

Scrumptious Reagent
Dry Noodles
Any Cocktailcrafting accessory that can be farmed without use of the Vacation at the shore.

MAXIMIZING DROPS:

I want this script to equip a custom outfit that I will make manually called "ItemFarm".
I want it to optimize and pick non-costly buffs such as Phat Loot and whatnot.

PAY: I just realized this might be alot to make, so I am upping the pay to 7 chunks of Depleted Grimacite and 50k.

Last edited:

codster62

I am now upping the reward for whoever makes this script for me. Now I am giving 10 chunks of Depleted Grimacite. Please somebody get this done for me. :) I believe upping the reward might make somebody bite.

Spiny

Ok, here is a list of things I will be making. I am going to want the script to get all items required to make these items. But like I said before, make it optimall, check and see what is already there in my inventory, and so on.

PASTAMASTERY (Foods I will be making):

Boring Spaghetti = dry noodles + tomato (summon/cobb knob kitchen + hippy store/haunted pantry/cobb knob kitchen)

Delicious Noodles = dry noodles + herbs (summon/cobb knob kitchen + hippy store/hippy camp)

Delicious Spicy Noodles = dry noodles + herbs and spices (summon/cobb knob kitchen + hippy store/hippy camp (pre-war) + spooky forest/sewer/cobb knob kitchen/spice ghost?)

Painful Penne Pasta = dry noodles + jabanero pepper (summon/cobb knob kitchen + hermit = worthless item + hermit permit/haxxored)

Pr0n M4nic0tti = dry noodles + pr0n legs (summon/cobb knob kitchen + orc chasm)

Ravioli Della Hippy = dry noodles + wad of tofu (summon/cobb knob kitchen + hippy camp (pre-war))

Spicy Noodles = dry noodles + spices (summon/cobb knob kitchen + spooky forest/sewer/cobb knob kitchen/spice ghost?)

Knob Lo Mein = dry noodles + herbs and spices + knob mushroom (summon/cobb knob kitchen + hippy store/hippy camp (pre-war) + spooky forest/sewer/cobb knob kitchen/spice ghost? + cobb knob kitchen/haiku dungeon/mushroom plot)

Knoll Lo Mein = dry noodles + herbs and spices + knoll mushroom (summon/cobb knob kitchen + hippy store/hippy camp (pre-war) + spooky forest/sewer/cobb knob kitchen/spice ghost? + degrassi knoll/haiku dungeon/mushroom plot)

Spooky Lo Mein = dry noodles + herbs and spices + spooky mushroom (summon/cobb knob kitchen + hippy store/hippy camp (pre-war) + spooky forest/sewer/cobb knob kitchen/spice ghost? + spooky forest/haiku dungeon/mushroom plot)

Hell Ramen = dry noodles + scrumptious reagent + hellion cube (summon/cobb knob kitchen + summon/cobb knob lab + friar's gate)

Transcendental Noodlecraft and wok access

Cold Hi Mein = dry noodles + cold nuggets + msg + scrumptious reagent + delectable catalyst + turn on wok (summon/cobb knob kitchen + mallbuy + 2000 meat at guild store + summon/cobb knob lab + turncost)

Hot Hi Mein = dry noodles + hot nuggets + msg + scrumptious reagent + delectable catalyst + turn on wok (summon/cobb knob kitchen + mallbuy + 2000 meat at guild store + summon/cobb knob lab + turncost)

ADVANCED AND SUPERHUMAN COCKTAILCRAFTING (Drinks I will be making):

Tropical Swill = typical tavern swill + coconut shell (max 3 per ascension, can't be farmed/mallbuy + summon/mallbuy)

Pink Pony = Boxed wine + Strawberry + coconut shell (fermenting powder + bunch of square grapes/whitey's grove max non-combat + hippy store + summon/mallbuy || summon booze demon)

FuzzBump = whiskey + lemon + coconut shell (cob of corn + fermenting powder/funhouse/goatlet + hippy store/funhouse/fernswarthy's tower + summon/mallbuy || summon booze demon)

Ocean Motion = rum + grapefruit + coconut shell (brown sugar cane + fermenting powder/pirates/funhouse + hippy store/fernswarthy's tower + summon/mallbuy || summon booze demon)

Roll In The Hay = whiskey + soda water + little paper umbrella (cob of corn + fermenting powder/funhouse/goatlet + market demon + summon/mallbuy || summon booze demon)

Rockin Wagon = vodka + olive + magical ice cubes (bowl of rye sprouts + fermenting powder/funhouse + hippy store/palindome + summon/mallbuy || summon booze demon)

Calle de Miel = tequila + lemon + magical ice cubes (cactus fruit + fermenting powder/south of the border + hippy store/funhouse/fernswarthy's tower + summon/mallbuy || summon booze demon)

Blended Frozen Swill = typical tavern swill + magical ice cubes (max 3 per ascension, can't be farmed/mallbuy + summon/mallbuy)

Superhuman Cocktailcrafting, requires still access

Mon Tiki = lemon (still use) + bottle of rum (still use) + coconut shell (hippy store/funhouse/fernswarthy's tower + brown sugar cane + fermenting powder/pirates/funhouse + summon/mallbuy)

Yellow Brick Road = vodka (still use) + soda water (still use) + little paper umbrella (bowl of rye sprouts + fermenting powder/funhouse + market demon + summon/mallbuy)

Prussian Cathouse = boxed wine (still use) + strawberry (still use) + magical ice cubes (fermenting powder + bunch of square grapes/whitey's grove max non-combat + hippy store + summon/mallbuy)

NOTE: I also want this script to make use of the Nash Crosby's Still if available.

ADVANCED SAUCECRAFTING (Sauces and Potions):

Philter of Phorce = lemon + scrumptious reagent (hippy store/funhouse/fernswarthy's tower + summon/cobb knob lab)

Frogade = squashed frog + scrumptious reagent (cleesh skill/mallbuy + summon/cobb knob lab)

Serum of Sarcasm = olive + scrumptious reagent (hippy store/palindome + summon/cobb knob lab)

Tomato Juice of Powerful Power = tomato + scrumptious reagent (hippy store/haunted pantry/cobb knob kitchens + summon/cobb knob lab)

Milk of Magnesium = glass of goat's milk + scrumptious reagent (goatlet + summon/cobb knob lab)

Hell Broth(Also required to make Hell Ramen) = hellion cube + scrumptious reagent (friar's gate + summon/cobb knob lab)

SUMMONING ITEMS: I want these farmed for if there are none in my inventory.

Scrumptious Reagent
Dry Noodles
Any Cocktailcrafting accessory that can be farmed without use of the Vacation at the shore.

MAXIMIZING DROPS:

I want this script to equip a custom outfit that I will make manually called "ItemFarm".
I want it to optimize and pick non-costly buffs such as Phat Loot and whatnot.

PAY: I just realized this might be alot to make, so I am upping the pay to 7 chunks of Depleted Grimacite and 50k.

Sigh.

I've modified your post so you can see what you're looking to do in terms of ingredients and that's all I'm willing to do on this project. Good luck

codster62

Thanks, if you would like any compensation for doing that, pm me! I understand that probably took alot of work. On the other hand, this will also make it easier for whoever wants to create the script. Now whoever creates the script won't have to look up where something is and what is required to make this item from. Either way, I am still paying 750k to whoever creates this script! Thanks alot spiny!

codster62

Grrr. If all else fails, I am gonna have to try and make this on my own! If that is the case, where can I find a list of all kol locations mafia will recognize(Is it pre-packaged with mafia?)? I will have to use CLI commands and this script might not even work with my experience, but oh well. I am still looking for somebody to create it for me, but if all else fails and nobody wants to create the script, this will be a backup plan.

Grotfang

Developer
The wiki will give you all the information you need to know. Take your time, read the pages (even print them off if you think it will be easier) and you shouldn't need to use cli_execute... except for a very small minority of tasks.

Locations can be found on the datatype constants page, along with a load of other names, etc.

Learning to script is no bad thing, as actually taking the effort to do what you are asking others to do reduces your dependency on the altruism of others. Trying to do something yourself should not be a backup plan, in my opinion. It should be the very first thing you try and then seek help when it fails (with more specific questions than "Can you do this for me?").

codster62

Okeydoke then, I will try to create this myself. :) Thanks. Also, I don't think I quite fully understand maps. I got confused when reading the guide. What is their purpose? And what is a practical use for them?

Grotfang

Developer
Wow. That's a big question. Maps...

A map is a way of dealing with variables that can be grouped together. It allows you to perform the same action on a number of variables while keeping physical code down. They can also act as a form of hard memory, to back up various variables if you are exiting and re-calling a script.

Maps are given one or more properties by which they are placed. The most common of these is a number (integer), which can then be called. These properties have to be defined when the map is created, and are then used to call the map's contents. In addition, the map contents themselves have to be defined (string, int, location, monster, etc). Basically, it is an association between one data type and another.

For example:

Code:
string [int] example_map;

This has created a map into which we will enter strings, with an integer data type associated with each string. Now to populate the map:

Code:
example_map[0] = "Example string one";
example_map[1] = "Example string two";

We now have a map that contains two strings, each associated with a different integer.

Now, to retrieve the data type:

Code:
foreach n in example_map
{
    print(example_map[n]);
}

This takes every data type. Another way to search would be by specifying an integer. Let's populate the map a little more:

Code:
map_example[2] = "Example string three";
map_example[3] = "Example string four";

And now specify a starting integer:

Code:
for n from 1 upto 3
{
	print(example_map[n]);
}

This time, we are specifying the map within our function, so no need to use the "in" statement.

Putting the code together:

Code:
string [int] example_map;
example_map [0] = "Example string one";
example_map [1] = "Example string two";

foreach n in example_map
{
	print(example_map[n]);
}

print( "Finished my foreach... onto using integers" , "blue" );

example_map [2] = "Example string three";
example_map [3] = "Example string four";

for n from 1 upto 3
{
	print(example_map[n]);
}

Hope that has helped slightly.

codster62

Yep, definately helped, although I don't think I will be using it in my script... Also, you said it can be like a type of hard data, so if for some reason the script restarts, it can call back a map and restart from where it left off? How would I do that?(How would I call back a map from the position the script left off?)

Spiny

When I started trying to figure out how to use maps in my own scripting, I spent a bit of time absorbing info in this thread.