Area Analysis

Metraxis

It's been a long while since I've done any serious scripting, and so what I have today is very rough around the edges. the basic goal of the script is to determine, based on your current state, the net meat gain associated with adventuring in a particular location.

Assumptions:
If an item doesn't sell in the mall for more than its minimum price, it will be autosold.
You'll never encounter an Ultra-rare monster. (sort of)

Limitations:
I don't completely understand the queue, and so the encounter rates involved with the use of Transcendent Olfaction are cribbed from the Wiki rather than expressly calculated. This leads to acknowledged error in certain areas.

The list of Ultra-Rare monsters is not complete, but they should be handled correctly for those areas where the monster is in the list.

the script only considers combat adventures, and has no handling at all for noncombats or their frequency.

Monsters with uneven appearance rates (Astrnomers &c) are not handled any differently than other monsters.

There is no support for pickpocketing / crackering.

Anyway, I want your opinions and comments, and any criticisms of my math especially.

Attachments

• Area Analysis.ash
    5 KB · Views: 76
I like this tool, and tried incorporating its ideas into profit.ash here: http://kolmafia.us/showthread.php?p=18788#post18788

I thought the maths looked correct, but I have found it gets some strange results for olfaction e.g. in the 8-bit realm (with 9 monsters, so it should just give an unchanged result since no value for OTTRate is set with 9 monsters) it gets a LOWER results using olfaction than without. I'm not sure why yet! (Now solved.)

What are the best set of figures to use for OTT anyway? These are from the wiki, but I have seen different numbers elsewhere (e.g. in rikitikitavi's spreadsheet).

Thanks very much for the script!

Edit: ok, there's an integer division that should be a float at line 55: 1/count -> 1.0/count.

Last edited: