White Castle Script

arrggg

I'm tring to write a script for getting the lucky rabit's foot.

so this is my plan:

while ((I can't adventure in "The Road to the White Citadel") or (I can't adventure in "White Citadel"))
{adventure in "Whitey's Grove"}

while (I can't adventure in "White Citadel")
{adventure in "The Road to the White Citadel"}

If meat < 300 then
{print "Need more meat"}
else
{
adventure in "White Citadel"
adventure in "guild janitor"
}

Is my logic correct?
if so how do I test if I can adventure in a place or not?

Tirian

For checking to see if the Road to the White Citadel is open, there's no way to do that. There might be a completely asshatted way of doing it, but I'm not even sure that would work.

If you use the minibrowser to open the Road to the White Citadel, the following script would work for the next phase:

Code:
boolean citadel()
{
	item glider = $item[hang glider];
	boolean have_glider = false;

while (true)
	{
		if (my_adventures() == 0) return false;
		adventure(1, $location[the road to white citadel]);
		if (item_amount(glider) > 0) have_glider = true;
		if (have_glider && item_amount(glider) == 0) return true;
	}
}

followed by whatever URL you need to visit the Citadel (which is an NPC store and not an adventurable location) and a trip back to your guild.

arrggg

If I follow your script:
It checks to see if I've ever had the glider in my inv, but I don't have it now... Genuis!

can we do the same with Whiteys Grove? Adventure until the adventure "It's a Sign!" ?

Tirian

[quote author=arrggg link=topic=283.msg1460#msg1460 date=1152636803]
Genuis!
[/quote]

If it worked. Now that I think about it, it might not. You do lose the hang glider at the end but, like the Immateria and ore and goat cheese, KoLmafia doesn't realize the items that are silently lost in an adventure until you do a refresh. Then again, I'm probably overthinking the situation, since you can adventure there until you get an error doing so, like we do for getting through the first four areas of the Cyrpt.

Adventure until the adventure "It's a Sign!" ?

ASH doesn't have any way of knowing about the adventures that you receive. I proposed adding it (http://kolmafia.us/index.php/topic,250.msg1349.html#msg1349), but Holatuwol isn't comfortable with using his product to bypass cool content (like holidays and new areas), so we're going to be using the minibrowser for a while. :)

arrggg

hmm... there has to be a way around it. If I remember right the "Custom Combat Script" can see what monster/adventure you are at. I wonder if we could use that Combat Script to record when we've been to "It's a sign!"

macman104

[quote author=arrggg link=topic=283.msg1463#msg1463 date=1152639911]
hmm... there has to be a way around it. If I remember right the "Custom Combat Script" can see what monster/adventure you are at. I wonder if we could use that Combat Script to record when we've been to "It's a sign!"[/quote]None that I know of. However, I haven't looked that closely at custom combat yet. The only way I could think is, if you gain no items and no stats will that indicate that you got the correct adventure that time? That is a check you could perform, assuming there are no other adventures that give you the same result.

Nightmist

[quote author=macman104 link=topic=283.msg1472#msg1472 date=1152667056]
The only way I could think is, if you gain no items and no stats will that indicate that you got the correct adventure that time?
[/quote]
:eek: Totally true, I use something similar to this (But for a level up check, set the current level as a variable, adventure and re-check the level if different then visit the council (Hehe auto-open up of level dependant area's)). The only thing we would need to get implemented into KoLMafia is a sub-stat amount check, since while you do get stats for the other adventures (They may not give a whole "stat" level) but mafia doesnt currently have any ability to check sub-stat amounts through script as far as I know of.

macman104

[quote author=Nightmist link=topic=283.msg1473#msg1473 date=1152675270]The only thing we would need to get implemented into KoLMafia is a sub-stat amount check, since while you do get stats for the other adventures (They may not give a whole "stat" level) but mafia doesnt currently have any ability to check sub-stat amounts through script as far as I know of.
[/quote]Oh, that's true, I completely forgot about that. Hmm, and I'm thinking holatuwol may not be interested in implementing that if it's sole purpose so far is for the whitey's grove.

Tirian

The only way Holatuwol is going to give us substat checking is if we convince him that he has accidentally already given us an even easier way to tell if it's a stat day. :p

macman104

[quote author=Tirian link=topic=283.msg1476#msg1476 date=1152678871]
The only way Holatuwol is going to give us substat checking is if we convince him that he has accidentally already given us an even easier way to tell if it's a stat day. :p
[/quote]Haha true.

Nightmist

[quote author=Tirian link=topic=283.msg1476#msg1476 date=1152678871]
[/quote]

Hehe oh so very true, there is one way I can think of but it requires 1 "wasted" adventure every day to check and it only works for Mus and Myst stat days... well actually only Myst until I find a safe way to decrease HP in a controlled fashion... (Although it does have more ability to cope with skipped days then the "make a counter" system)... So its not really "easier" >> oh well. (I can assume you know what im talking about with what ive said >>)

Tirian

[quote author=Nightmist link=topic=283.msg1478#msg1478 date=1152688380]
Hehe oh so very true, there is one way I can think of but it requires 1 "wasted" adventure every day to check and it only works for Mus and Myst stat days... well actually only Myst until I find a safe way to decrease HP in a controlled fashion... [/quote]

Jumbo Dr. Lucifer would be one way. But it'd probably be cleaner to work from the other end and put on (or take off and then put on again) items that maximize your max HP or strength to increase your HP defecit.

I am standing over my scripts every day when I run them (or at least I'm nearby playing DDR while my scripts are running), so I don't really care about all this, but if I did, I'd skip the subtlety and write a Perl script that reads the Noblesse Oblige calendar and sets a bunch of custom variables in my .kcs file. If I decide to do that someday, stat days and holidays are nowhere near as interesting to me as knowing if it's a clover day or what sort of stat tests await me in the Daily Dungeon.

Nightmist

[quote author=Tirian link=topic=283.msg1481#msg1481 date=1152728258]
Jumbo Dr. Lucifer would be one way. But it'd probably be cleaner to work from the other end and put on (or take off and then put on again) items that maximize your max HP or strength to increase your HP defecit.
I'd skip the subtlety and write a Perl script that reads the Noblesse Oblige calendar and sets a bunch of custom variables in my .kcs file.[/quote]

Yeah but thats so not convincing Holatuwol he actually gave us a method to check already XD.

Thanks for the HP changing method (Never occured to me to do it that way). Not that ill ever bother scripting it, I mean... stat day? wowy a whole 50% more stats! Anyone thats using mafia and trying to "speed run" (speed run well anyway, speed run in script = possible) is a crazy person >>.

holatuwol

Developer
tirian said:
The only way Holatuwol is going to give us substat checking is if we convince him that he has accidentally already given us an even easier way to tell if it's a stat day.

Actually, you need to come up with a better reason.

cli_hack.txt said:
if tomorrow is mysticism day
    set statDay=mysticism tomorrow

cli_hack.ash said:
cli_execute( "call cli_hack.txt" );
if ( get_property( "statDay" ) == "mysticism tomorrow" )
    print( "holatuwol is evil for not telling us about these hacks!" );