Even more Icy Peak :)

Lloyd

I'd like an Icy Peak script with these goals:

buys 6 jumbo olives
buys 6 bottles of gin
buys 15 lucky surprise eggs
makes ands drinks 3 dirty martinis
eats 15 lucky surprise eggs
Adventures at Icy Peak * turns with a combat script that attacks 27 times (no hitting, determined by weapon) then uses Moxious Maneuver 3 times
replenishes MP with phonics downs (bought when out, if possible)
sends 6, 7, 5, and 8 meat to testmudinata
sends 3 meat to sneaksie

I'm new to scripting, and would love any change suggestions. I'll pay for the script, if wanted :)

Nightmist

Just checking, dont you mean 6 olives and 3 bottles of gin?

Also do you have 3 TPS's or only one and so need to loop the create->drink?

About the combat, thats going to be a CCS script and I was under the impression mafia aborts when trying to enter combat with a 0 hit percentage? (Not too sure since ive never messed around with it though oh but a work around is joybuzzer it.)...

Would you also like it to check if you have a NPZR? (Or whatever familiar you plan to statis farm with? Stasis farming *sigh* it is 'better' to stasis farm the HitS rather then peak though (Stronger monsters = last longer without being killed by the familiar))

Lloyd

Yes, yes I do mean 3 bottles of gin, heh. I have 1 TPS, so I'll need the loop.
It would be great if it would check for an NPZR and equip it if you haven't done so already.
So HitS is better for stasis? I was doing the peak because it adds the high meat gains to your stasis farming (hence the thirtieth round kill), but if the gains are better your way, I'd love to try it :)
I had completely forgotten about the joybuzzer, and I do have one, so yeah, use that for the null rounds.
Any others suggestions are great, thanks!

Lloyd

holatuwol

Developer
I broke custom combat settings in v8.1, so you won't be able to do what you're requesting in the next release of KoLmafia. You will, however, be able to do standard peak farming with the following script:

Code:
# I'm not so sure what's so confusing about the buy
# command, but I take it you're being lazy.

buy 6 jumbo olive
buy 3 bottle of gin
buy 15 lucky surprise egg

# Perhaps this comes as a surprise, but KoLmafia will
# make dirty martinis one at a time, drink them one at
# a time, etc, if you use a number other than one.
# Note that this is dangerous with flower schnapps if
# you don't have a bartender.

drink 3 dirty martini

# With the drink command as simple as it is, it should
# come as no surprise that there is an eat command.

eat 15 lucky surprise egg

# Okay, I'm getting a little miffed that this script
# is so simple to write if you'd bothered to read the
# KoLmafia scripting manual.

adventure * icy peak

# This will probably cause me to stab people repeatedly.
# In the future, read the manual first before submitting
# a request. It's sad how straightforward this was.

send 6 meat to testudinata
send 7 meat to testudinata
send 5 meat to testudinata
send 8 meat to testudinata
send 3 meat to sneaksie

I'll be nerfing custom combat settings in the next release, and they are currently non-functional in the existing release. Therefore, you might want to reconsider your stasis strategy -- the difference between just hammering a yeti and using stasis at HitS is less than 5%, which is more or less equivalent to RNG effects on how many adventures you gain/lose from eating/drinking, and it results in hammering on the server unnecessarily.

Lloyd

I know that most of the script was easy to write, but I am completely new to scripting. Sorry that I ticked you off. The main difficulty involved in making the script (the weird combat script I couldn't manage to write) you didn't manage to do, so please don't tell me off for requesting help. Thanks for what help you did provide, though, and next time I promise to buzz the manual more thoroughly.

holatuwol

Developer
Lloyd said:
I know that most of the script was easy to write, but I am completely new to scripting.
If you read through the script more carefully, you'll understand why I'm annoyed.  I am not annoyed because it was easy, as there are dozens of easy scripts which don't annoy me at all; I'm annoyed because you created a list of things you wanted it to do, in the order you wanted it to happen, and the commands matched so closely it had to either be laziness at reading the manual, laziness at providing us a script you had already written, or both.

Maybe if I put everything that you said right next to it, the reason for my annoyance becomes more clear.  The lines with "#" symbols in front of them are what you typed, and the lines without # symbols are the script commands that did what you wanted.  Please compare your statements with the corresponding script command and ask yourself, "Were you intentionally wasting everyone's time by not providing your sample script, or did you blow off the manual, come directly here and post your script request?"

Code:
# buys 6 jumbo olives
buy 6 jumbo olive

# buys 3 bottles of gin
buy 3 bottle of gin

# buys 15 lucky surprise eggs
buy 15 lucky surprise egg

# makes ands drinks 3 dirty martinis
drink 3 dirty martini

# eats 15 lucky surprise eggs
eat 15 lucky surprise egg

# Adventures at Icy Peak * turns
adventure * icy peak

# sends 6, 7, 5, and 8 meat to testudinata
send 6 meat to testudinata
send 7 meat to testudinata
send 5 meat to testudinata
send 8 meat to testudinata

# sends 3 meat to sneaksie
send 3 meat to sneaksie

Lloyd said:
The main difficulty involved in making the script (the weird combat script I couldn't manage to write) you didn't manage to do,
Please re-read the first and last paragraph of my previous post carefully, as they fully explain why your script should not be written.  I will re-iterate the points here in a vague fashion, just so you know what to look for.

I provide reasons why, even if it were written, it wouldn't work in the present release.  I provide reasons why it's advised that you don't do so, because it's really ass-hattish to meat farm in this fashion given the yield difference.  Finally, I provide a reason why you shouldn't bother writing the settings file if you ever plan on upgrading KoLmafia, even if you were the sort of person who wanted to optimize meat drops at the expense of other players.

I have no idea what kind of stunt you're trying to pull here, but you're seriously insulting everyone by not bothering to read the manual before posting a script request, not bothering to read the post (skipping only to the script).

Lloyd said:
so please don't tell me off for requesting help
I will make this absolutely clear: I am demanding to know why you felt the need to waste everyone's time by not providing a base script to work from OR by not reading the KoLmafia scripting manual, as it is absolutely clear that one of these two must hold true for you to have provided the kind of list that you provided which matched script commands so closely it would annoy anyone who would bother to write such a script in the first place.

Lloyd

There's no need to demand anything. I'm sorry I've wasted your time, and my point in the previous post was that because the script I wanted written was apparently not possible, it's not a surprise that I wanted help. Keep in mind that because the initial focus of the script (the combat) wasn't written (for good reason, I know), the rest of the script was frustratingly easy. Which means that although the final script was as easy as it was, the request was for a much more difficult one. The reason the simple parts were included was so the script would be complete, not simply for lack of knowledge.

I see your point on the combat, and I agree. I'll be using normal combat for Icy Peak adventuring, and I've read enough of the manual to write my own simple scripts. Again, sorry to have wasted your time, and thank you for your help and suggestions.

holatuwol

Developer
Lloyd said:
There's no need to demand anything.  I'm sorry I've wasted your time, and my point in the previous post was that because the script I wanted written was apparently not possible, it's not a surprise that I wanted help.
Naturally, there's no need to demand anything, ever.  The reason demands occur is because the person issuing the demand wants to demand something.  In my case, the demand was why you were planning on wasting people's time; this question was never answered, but based on the "I'm sorry," I will assume that it was unintentional.  If it was truly unintentional, then I apologize for snapping -- I jumped to the conclusion that it was intentional, and it was my mistake.

In any event, I'm not one to believe in security through obscurity, so I shall make this part clear.  The script you were requesting was possible in releases prior to v8.1, but it was only available for people who have actually bothered to read the manual.  It cannot be said to be "complicated" as the process is exactly as straightforward as CLI scripting, perhaps even moreso, and in that sense, it's even more frustratingly easy than the other script.

If you poke around the documentation, you'll find it -- the name of the page is, "Custom Combat with KoLmafia".  For convenience purposes, you can find the (limited) manual, which currently focuses only on scripting, at the following link:

http://kolmafia.sourceforge.net/manual.html

Be aware that I disagree with the script in general, and therefore custom combat will likely change in future releases; however, as an apology for my mistake, I thought it appropriate to let you know that it was previously possible before it was broken and that it was much easier than you think.