The new ZoneInfo Script!

Paragon

I had been watching the Lilac stream, and noticed the information that he seemed to be looking up in the wiki about zones, so I wrote script to get that information without leaving mafia.

zoneinfoSS.jpg

All information takes into account current modifiers (Except max damage doesn't calculate elemental resistance)
If you also have my Item_desc for categorizing items you can add Ascention relevant items to the output... just the "Ascention" category to any items you want to have show up.
Initiative in mafia is pretty sparse... so, this looks it up from the wiki instead.
It will cache data using YYYYMMD as the key, so it should update ~ once per ten days. or about 3 or 4 times a month.
If Wiki doesn't know the Initiative either, the Init will be assumed to be 0 (plus ML penalties) and append an * to notify the user.

Attachments

• zoneinfo.ash
    10.8 KB · Views: 48

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Initiative in mafia is pretty sparse...

I would love to change that, but short of checking every single monster page on the wiki I don't see a good way to get the values, and I'm not planning to do that. If they were all in one place that would be great, but everyone consolidating data is doing it by zone instead of by monster.

Paragon

You can pull the function CheckWikiInit(monster) in this script and run it on every monster in the Mafia Monster DB... for the most part it has worked well so far, the only exception being that I had to add a redirect in the Wiki from Haunted_nightstand_(white) to Haunted_nightstand_(White) There are probabily other cases like that but it should work for most of the monsters anyway.

I was also thinking of looking to the wiki for Non combat rates as well, since Mafias and the Wiki tend to disagree... but I am not sure if mafia just has the Forced non combat rates which I think is actually better. For example, it says that the Defiled Nook has a non combat rate of zero... but that just might be because they are all skippable.

Last edited:

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
I was also thinking of looking to the wiki for Non combat rates as well, since Mafias and the Wiki tend to disagree... but I am not sure if mafia just has the Forced non combat rates which I think is actually better. For example, it says that the Defiled Nook has a non combat rate of zero... but that just might be because they are all skippable.

Mafia appears to have the wrong value for all of the Crypt zones at least.