Monster Stats (ASH)

Nightmist

Well simply put, this script returns Hit and Evade %'s vs certain monsters and in locations as a float value...
Remember you need to manually set the "MCD" level in the script for it to work. It assumes you have 0 MCD unless changed.

Completely trivial things:
Input:
Code:
MonStat( "ExactMonsterName");
Output:
Code:
1335 HaXx0r
Hit: 150%, Evade: 150%
HP: 71, XP: *To Be Completed*
Note: Hit and Dodge %'s are rounded and are uncapped.
Input:
Code:
LocMonStat( $location[LocationName]);
Output:
Code:
8-Bit Realm
Hit: 668%, Evade: 668%
Note: Hit and Dodge %'s are rounded averages and are uncapped.

More useful things:
Code:
MonAttack( "ExactMonsterName")
MonDefense( "ExactMonsterName")
MonHealth( "ExactMonsterName")
LocMonAttack( $location[LocationHere])
LocMonDefense( $location[LocationHere])

MonAttack = Returns Hit % as a float.
MonDefense = Returns Evade % as a float.
MonHeath = Returns HP as a float. (This is a float incase KoL ends up putting HP modifying based on % things in)
LocMonAttack( $location[LocationHere]) = Returns averaged % chance to be hit in the location as a float.
LocMonDefense( $location[LocationHere]) =Returns averaged % chance to evade in the location as a float.

Edit: And so with those comments by Veracity, here is a updated version, which does have MCD and item mods (No effect mods as of yet)
Edit2: Remember you need to manually set the "MCD" level in the script for it to work. It assumes you have 0 MCD unless changed.
Edit3: And we now have buff mods! (Well A buff mod, unless someone informs me of any buff other then Aria that mods ML)
Edit4: Doh A fixed version with buff mods is now up.
Edit5: Added the pitchfork
Edit6: And now we have locations!

Attachments

• MonStat.ash
    126.5 KB · Views: 80

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Is this another one of those "give me a access to KoLmafia internal data so I don't need to duplicate it" scripts?

What about items, effects and the MCD which affect Monster Level and hence Attack, Defense, HP?

Nightmist

[quote author=Veracity link=topic=144.msg716#msg716 date=1146917547]
Is this another one of those "give me a access to KoLmafia internal data so I don't need to duplicate it" scripts?

What about items, effects and the MCD which affect Monster Level and hence Attack, Defense, HP?
[/quote]

Heh it was a answer to a script request so I personally have no use for this.
[quote author=efilnikufecin link=topic=143.msg712#msg712 date=1146904905]
Wanna tackle the project of getting info like the location details on the adventure pain into a script? :D
[/quote]

Hehe very true about the MCD (Totally forgot about that since I "Compared" the %'s from my own character which of course didnt have MCD access), as for items//effects, thats another thing I forgot about due to my lacking of such mods but its not a complex problem, ill just add another function that returns the amount of ML++ that is added and then call that function and add the return value with the base monster stats. (Ill just need to find myself a list of ML++ items//effects)

Edit: Hmmm *Notices theres no "what is the MCD level" check*, I guess ill just add a little "Option" setting where a user will have to manually edit it to the level they are using (Shouldnt be "too" much hassle as chances are people are either going to be using it at 11 or 0 most of the time apart from boss battles)

[quote author=Veracity link=topic=144.msg716#msg716 date=1146917547]

[/quote]

As a matter of fact, that is exactly what it is.

As for item effects, and mind control level, most (not all) could be calculated by me if access to internal data isn't an option. I just didn't want to throw feature requests into the main thread because I know that you and the others on the dev team are working hard dealing with all those bug reports, and probably don't want to try to introduce new features which could potentially bring out yet more bug reports.

Sometimes I go a little overboard with script writing. This may be one of those cases. I'm wanting to write a between battle self buffing script which tries to peak your stats without being wastefull for specific areas. The normal moxie needed for the icy peak is 115. I'm wanting to write a script that will know that, and maintain 115 moxie if possible when in that location. The catch is I am an ascending character. This leads me to want the info available for all the areas. Then instead of having variables for stats needed, I would have a single location variable I would change it as I go.[br]Posted on: May 06, 2006, 08:27:02 AM
Just checked out the change, it looks great.

One thing I didn't see in it was the familiar equipment annoying pitchfork. +5 monster level
I tend to favor it because it's so easy to get, and I avoid spending time in the arena with no self stat gains and spending meat (which I tend to need more and more of for self buffing).

Nifty, I had just finished on locations also. Your method returns overall percentage for hit and evade, while mine returns minimum percentage, and minimum HP.

Both methods provide very usefull data depending on what you are doing at the time.

BTW I just ported it into your newly uploaded version.

The functions
LocMonsters( location VarLocation, int MonNum)
    Mimics a a 2 dimensional array of monsters
MinLocAttack( location VarLocation)
   Returns minimum chance to hit
MinLocDefense( location VarLocation)
   Returns minimum chance to evade
MinLocHealth( location VarLocation)
   Returns the minimum HP of monsters in that area.

so now we have average, and minimum. Next we need maximum ;D

Attachments

• MonStat.ash
    141.8 KB · Views: 67