Tell you what you got in the fax machine 1.0

rlbond86

I kept getting annoyed when I wouldn't get the fax I wanted. So I've written this relay script which tells you what arrived in the fax machine. Enjoy.

Code:
svn checkout http://svn.code.sf.net/p/rlbond86-mafia-scripts/code/fax_tell/trunk

Last edited:

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Mafia is already doing the server hit, so you can just check photocopyMonster instead. Or have the CLI visible while doing stuff (though that might not be practical). Or use mafia's faxbot support, which will retrieve a fax seconds after it's placed in the machine, leaving little doubt about what monster it is; maybe you're using some side clans with unique monsters, but then I wouldn't expect the monster to ever change.

rlbond86

Mafia is already doing the server hit, so you can just check photocopyMonster instead.

I tested this out, but it seemed to not update photocopyMonster until after the page loaded, so that was no help.

Or have the CLI visible while doing stuff (though that might not be practical).

I've been burned before by forgetting to check, especially when in a rush because rollover is coming.

Or use mafia's faxbot support, which will retrieve a fax seconds after it's placed in the machine, leaving little doubt about what monster it is; maybe you're using some side clans with unique monsters, but then I wouldn't expect the monster to ever change.

Mafia's faxbot support is broken since the chat update. (unless you still use the legacy chat).

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
Mafia's faxbot support is broken since the chat update. (unless you still use the legacy chat).

Is this related to /cli [command] not working with new chat? (that's actually the only reason why I'm still on legacy chat, so I haven't noticed this in particular)

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
Hmm. I imagine a fix for this would be to write a wrapper around new chat's javascript functions to also notify Mafia of what gets sent (or even to just let Mafia eat up everything and sometimes forward, which is what I think it might do)?

I might tackle this if I have time.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Does this script have any purpose now that new chat is supported by mafia? I'm only asking since you asked for this script to go in the list of SVN scripts.