Logout strangeness

Ethelred

Since the KoL glitch earlier today, logging out from mafia seems to be behaving strangely. After logging out and logging in the next character (along with a mafia restart), the previous character seems to still be logged in. I can see the character listed as logged in when I do a /who on the chat channel. Clicking on the char name and looking at the clan rooster shows the + sign indicating the character is logged on and in chat. As near as I can tell, this doesn't seem to be affecting anything. When I then log in one of the chars using just FireFox and log it out, the status seems to get cleared and the char no longer shows up as logged in. Not sure if this indicates that KoL changed something in the protocol or if it is anything to be concerned about, but thought I'd mention it in case anybody wants to look into it.

KoLmafia: r11308
Java: version "1.6.0_26"

Winterbay

For what's it worth I'm seeing this as well with a character that logged out an hour ago (with a Mafia exit command).

Ethelred

How do you log out?

I click the log out link in the top menu, then click the sure? confirm (which I think is added by Mr. Scrpt). At that point the relay browser page is blanked. Then I close that browser page, switch to the mafia main interface window, and select Quit from the KoLmafia menu.

Last edited:

Winterbay

I log out with this alias:
Code:
[B]logout [/B]=> ashq string run = $string[%%]; if(to_boolean(run) ==      $boolean[true]) {set_property("logoutScript", "call logout.ash");      cli_execute("exit");}else if(user_confirm("Logout without logout      script?")){set_property("logoutScript","");      cli_execute("exit");}else{print("Not exiting at all");}

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
I'm seeing this too. I used "logout" in the CLI with debug logging turned on, so I see that mafia sent a request to logout.php. A Location header redirected to loggedout.php, which loaded with KoL's normal logged out page. A /whois showed that I was still logged in at that point. And like Ethelred said, logging in and out through vanilla KoL resulted in /whois not showing me logged in.

Ethelred

Whatever was causing this problem, seems to have cleared up. I'll chalk it up to some kind of glitch on the KoL side. Everybody move along; nothing to see here.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
A dev pointed out that there were 400 people in /newbie while the login page said there were fewer people logged in, so there was something weird happening.