How do I make the maximizer equip the SS sword/bow?

Editing the cookie farming script. Currently it would rather equip my velcro paddle ball over my crossbow, and I'm assuming that's due to the line where is says "maximize item."

Bale

Minion
Well you could have discovered that by just testing it yourself. That would have taken only a few seconds of time and saved you the trouble of waiting for a reply. I'll answer it for you though: You can do it either way.

Theraze

Maybe combining +equip and +outfit, since it will take whichever best meets your maximization score, but not both?

slyz

Developer
Putting on the wrong outfit doesn't sound like a horrible horrible thing. I'm really curious as to what a horrible horrible thing might be!

Theraze

It's not that it puts on both... it's that it takes one or the other. For example, in a Boris run you might do:
maximize muscle, +outfit swashbuck, +equip trusty
expecting that to equip Trusty AND the swash outfit. Nope. You'll get whichever side causes the most +muscle (or, in case you don't have anything that can do +muscle in those spots, +item, +whatever else is in tie, since I didn't explicitly do -tie) and not the other, unless trusty and the swash outfit combined causes the most +muscle overall. To get trusty and the swash outfit, you'd need to do:
maximize muscle, +outfit swashbuck, -weapon
instead.

This is behaviour on purpose to allow for things like adventuring in pirate locations like...
maximize moxie, +outfit swashbuck, +equip fledges
but generally hits people unexpectedly if they don't read the documentation...

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Still, that just leads to wearing equipment you don't want. Even if it's all -item instead of +item or something, that doesn't sound so horrible that testing stuff might seem like a bad idea.

Theraze

If it's in a script, it can lead to adventuring in the wrong zone or sending thousands of useless server hits trying to adventure in a zone that's actually unavailable to you. Or not having the items you need to succeed in your adventuring so you end up losing money on your farming run instead of gaining it, etc. Or tons of other sad things.

Fine if you're testing it first. Bad if you put it into a script and your hope for the future that it will keep picking the item you want is incorrect...