Slime Tube Adventuring Script

Alhifar

As well, that would be a lot of server hits that I'd very much prefer to avoid. I'm going to have to say no, to that one.

Rahmuss

Awesome script! This script has never failed me. I have not been killed once by slimes using this script and it is quick too.

I do see a benefit to knowing if you have died though. Would there be a way to have it either count how many times you've died, or even just abort the script if you die x amount of times, or something like that?

It just seems a bit scary, especially if you're doing a slimeling run. Don't want to have it ruined simply because you forgot to do one simple thing on your checklist.

Anyway, really very impressive script. Thanks a million.

Alhifar

In theory, it should never lose; it makes the assumption that you will get hit every turn for the max possible damage, and that you do the least possible damage for your form of attack each turn.

As well, I have no ideas as to how I could check for lost combats without converting everything over to using run_adv(), which I'd prefer not to do. I still trust mafia's built in adventure() better than my own bit of code there.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
You could always tell mafia (in your healing settings) to abort if you reach 0 HP. You want to know right away if something goes wrong, right?

Rahmuss

For some reason I thought the script would override what mafia had set; but if that works then that's good enough for me. Thanks lostcalpolydude.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
For some reason I thought the script would override what mafia had set; but if that works then that's good enough for me. Thanks lostcalpolydude.

If you use Bale's recovery script as suggested, then that script might override it. I don't use either.

Bale

Minion
No, Bale's recovery script won't over-ride that setting. "Stop if health at 0%" will still work just fine.

Last edited:

palpitations

After updating to build 7874 just a little bit ago, I've been getting this error when I try to run this script:

Code:
> call scripts/slime.ash

[Covered in Slime] does not match anything in the status effect database.
Bad effect value: "Covered in Slime" (slime.ash, line 233)

Edit: After looking into this a bit more, it appears the name of the effect is "Coated in Slime". Just replace Covered with Coated, and it all seems to work again. I'm not sure when or where that changed, but there you go.

Last edited:

sham

ok, sorry for the noob question. I tried to check if someone had the same pb but can't find anything like this. when I don't have coated in slime effect and I call the script, the first turn is normal, I get coated in slime and then it switches to high ML gear but can't adv again in the slimetube. the message error is "Unable to invoke slimetube". that might not come from the script though and slimetube is open, mother slime is not up. anyone else having that problem? anything I'm doing wrong maybe?

quechanmok

This script makes me unbelievably happy. I can finally do the slime tube without endless ML management! Thank you to everyone who helped put this together!

Jef

I noticed that in the latest version, the familiars are set to sandworm/sandworm. Any significance to that? I assume not, and that you're expecting end-users to modify the script anyway.

Hey, how about adding an initial section to the script with a switch statement encapsulating multiple alternative sets of config variables, to make said script modification easier. Something like (ignore the formatting dots):

string run_type = "larva";

switch ( run_type )
{
. . . . case "larva":
. . . . . . . . max_ml_familiar = "Purse Rat";
. . . . . . . . break;
. . . . case "nodules":
. . . . . . . . use_tatter_like = false;
. . . . . . . . break;
}

Alhifar

palpitations: I fixed that, not sure how that creeped in, I thought I had those all fixed quite a while ago. I'm assuming the recent changes to effect parsing simply meant that my invalid name there was not recognized. Thanks for letting me know.

Jef: No real significance to the set familiars, I had just changed it in my local copy and forgot to reset it when I uploaded it. As to the run type variable, I was actually just thinking about that today, and I think I like the idea. Any other run types other than larva and nodules you'd like to see?

DQP

Any other run types other than larva and nodules you'd like to see?

Alhifar --

1. Thanks for making this available. I have almost a full set of skills and I'm getting ready to do a larva run, none of which I would have had the patience to do without this.

2. Regarding setting up a run type case.

I have been using the script in two ways:
- Single nodule (before I'm high enough level to equip the chamoisole the tube to level, I use squeezes and other ml and usually buy a bundle of chamoix because I can't devel below 100 easily)
- Double nodule (chamoisole and slime gear, base 100 ml from consumables only, farm chamoix while getting slimy)

And presumably a larva run is in my future now that I'm close to level 30 and bitter pills are becoming cheap again.

Thanks again!
:dqp-

Chyld

I don';t know if this is a problem only I'm getting, or is based on an error in a newer version of Mafia, but when I try calling the script, I get the following error and no tubing:

Am I doing something wrong?

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
I don';t know if this is a problem only I'm getting, or is based on an error in a newer version of Mafia, but when I try calling the script, I get the following error and no tubing:

Am I doing something wrong?

Replace "Covered in Slime" with "Coated in Slime" everywhere it appears.

MHoP

error

I tried version 7947 of mafia and slime.ash version 2.2.7 and it gave me the message "unexpected error debug log printed"

Do you need a copy of the log? I am running Windows Vista and firefox as my browser.

Tried version 13.8 still getting the same error

Last edited: