Slime Tube Adventuring Script

Um, I'm doing relatively lower level marble and slime covered item farming. I'm tuning +ML to be just above 300 to get the increased marble drops.

kain

A handful of squeezes and a couple pieces of slime hate is surely easier than juggling buffs, no?

Maybe I was just lazy :)

Alhifar

Glad to hear it worked out for you, though I think you're the first person who has actually called it easy to use. >.>

Grotfang

Developer
Glad to hear it worked out for you, though I think you're the first person who has actually called it easy to use. >.>

Hehe. Surely that's because the ones that find it easy don't spend long posting in this thread ;)

It is an amazing script. Without it I doubt I would have had the patience to do the runs I have. Also, set up is fairly simple - the configurable settings are intuitively named and clearly laid out - and you only need to set up once! What more could you want?

Bale

Minion
I find this script very easy to use. I grade it 9.3/10.0

It loses 0.5 because it isn't capable of configuring itself.
It loses 0.2 because it lacks two clanhopping special features I added to my version.

Last edited:

Alhifar

Regarding the clan hopping, I had them in at one time, but removed them because it seemed nobody was using them, and I was trying to lessen the bloat the script was experiencing. At this point, the "bloat" is there for good, so if anyone wants them back in, just let me know and I'll gladly add them back in.

Bale

Minion
Hmm. Seems you could reduce bloat a bit more by using adv1($location[The Slime Tube], -1, "") instead of run_adv(). Though that would necessitate a different means of keeping track of adventures, so maybe you don't want to do so.

Last edited:

Alhifar

Honestly, I'm no longer concerned about the size. The damage checking functions take up so much more room than anything else, with little room to shrink them, that I'm not worried about it.

Bale

Minion
My own recovery script is about 3-4 times the size of your slime tube script and it runs pretty fast. I don't think that size is really a problem either.

driedsponge

I know this is a bit anal, but would it be possible to add a function at the end of the script that uses a chamoix after the adventures are all done? It's a wonderful script, and really easy to use, but I've died so many times from forgetting that I was coated in slime and trying to go adventure somewhere else.

Alhifar

Honestly, from what I've heard, a lot of people use the script to run 20 to 50 turn blocks, rather than the whole tube at once. For those people, that would just be a waste of chamoix. I'd prefer to not have the script automate something that could harm someone, if possible.

Honestly, from what I've heard, a lot of people use the script to run 20 to 50 turn blocks, rather than the whole tube at once. For those people, that would just be a waste of chamoix. I'd prefer to not have the script automate something that could harm someone, if possible.

what about using one if mother slime is exposed. that wouldn't hurt anyone i don't think, and is a pretty good indicator that the player wants to remove Coated With Slime.

Alhifar

The script actually aborts once it gets to the choice with Mother. Any more interaction with Mother would increase the complexity of the script beyond what I want it to. Would you prefer I backed out of the choice and then used a chamois?

Grotfang

Developer
What might be nicer is to exit/return instead of aborting. I have a script that will kill mother slime for me, but I can't queue it unless I edit your script (which I have done... but still). Returning a script because it has finished, as opposed to cocked up, is perfectly legitimate.

slyz

Developer
About the fact that the script aborts when meeting the Mother ... On double nodule runs, I wanted to call slime.ash then continue with a logout script once the run is done. I tried playing around but haven't had the occasion to test the code: I added a little section to set 'adv_to_use' to 0 if the mother is encountered, then call run_adv().

From what I understood of run_adv(), if my mafia setting for the Showdown is 'skip adventure', it should skip the adventure and turn back to the main loop ? I don't see why it would abort in any case...

Code:
if( choice_adv_num == "326" && choice_num == "0" ) adventure( 1 , $location[Slime Tube] );

As I said, I didn't have the occasion to test it, but shouldn't this line be skipped if the Mafia setting is 3 to skip the adventure ?

As long as I'm posting, here's another little thing I added right at the beginning of the main while loop on the version I keep for lazy double nodule runs, to make sure I get 5 drops from my llama & sandworm (it's not something to add to the script, just something people might want to copy/paste) :

Code:
if ( get_property( "_gongDrops" ).to_int() != 5 )
{
	if ( max_ml_familiar != $familiar[llama lama] ) {
		max_ml_familiar = $familiar[llama lama];
		min_ml_familiar = $familiar[llama lama];
	}
}
else if ( get_property( "_aguaDrops" ).to_int() != 5 )
{	
	if ( max_ml_familiar != $familiar[baby sandworm] ) {
		max_ml_familiar = $familiar[baby sandworm];
		min_ml_familiar = $familiar[baby sandworm];
	}
}
else
{
	if ( max_ml_familiar != $familiar[purse rat] ) {
		max_ml_familiar = $familiar[purse rat];
		min_ml_familiar = $familiar[frumious bandersnatch];
	}
}

The script actually aborts once it gets to the choice with Mother. Any more interaction with Mother would increase the complexity of the script beyond what I want it to. Would you prefer I backed out of the choice and then used a chamois?

ahh yeah good point, i had forgotten that once engaged in the mother slime adventure, you have to choose a path. I personally don't have a preference how to approach this, if at all.

I use the script and love it, but can sympathize with the other poster because i've also died to the coated in slime effect post-script. the mother choice adventure just seemed like a good way to avoid the problem you noted above where people run the script for 25, 50, 100 adventure chunks at a time and wouldn't want to use a chamois, but i forgot to factor in the fact that you can't use a chamois until you've selected one of the choices, something your script does not do (rightfully, imho)..

tl;dr - no action seems fine here to me. users can deal with remembering to chamois if they decide to adventure elsewhere.

Alhifar

As it stands right now, I am currently (as far as I remember, it has been a while since I've done any runs) using a happy accident to cause the choice to fight Mother to show up in the mini-browser, just like it normally would. I should probably fix it, because I'm not really sure why it works, but I've never found a reason to change it.

I think the best fix may be to have it call adventure( 1 , $location[Slime Tube] ) when the choice adventure comes up, and then it will just follow mafia's preferences for that adventure. Does that sound reasonable?

Is there any way to add a progress report on the tube run? Maybe check the image number every couple of adventures to see when it changes to a new image?