Slime Tube Adventuring Script

Alhifar

I fixed it, but didn't bump the version number. I'm not sure I like how it is now, because you don't actually get damaged the turn you get it with 10 turns, but for now, it shall do.

psly4mne

My understanding of the code was that on the turn you get slimed, slime_percent[0] would be checked, and that should still be 0.

psly4mne

It looks ahead at what you WILL get slimed for, which will be slime_percent[10] in that case.
I see. I think special-casing it out would be a reasonable solution, since it really is a special case. It could be as simple as "if( coated_turns >= 10 ) coated_turns = 0".

Could you possibly add support for switching to another clan for the low-ML turns? Mainly, it would be useful to use a non-squeezed tube for low-ML, but it also provides error insurance.

EDIT: I've added clan switching to my version of the script. After the lines "I'm feeling rather dry" and "covered in slime, adventuring normally", I added a call to visit_url( "showclan.php?recruiter=1&whichclan=CLANID&action=joinclan&apply=Apply+to+this+Clan&confirm=on&pwd" );

Last edited:

zarqon

Bag o' Tricks support wouldn't be too hard for a scripter like yourself. The hardest part would actually be deciding which spell to cast. Once you figure that out, keep casting it until you get the third or fourth message:

wiki said:
First time: The Bag o' Tricks suddenly feels a little heavier.
Second time: The Bag o' Tricks begins to wriggle around in your hand.
Third time: The Bag o' Tricks begins squirming around more urgently.
Fourth and beyond: The Bag o' Tricks continues to wriggle around in your hand.

Then use the "Open the Bag o' Tricks" skill (0 MP) to get 20 turns of Chihuahuas Underfoot (+20 ML). You can do this only thrice daily, and it doesn't stack. Mafia does not as yet track anything about the Bag -- a feature request for both _bagotricksUsed (the buff-extending thing) and _bagotricksBuffs (how many buffs you've gotten today) would probably not go amiss, otherwise you would probably want to add tracking to your script.

Aside: you might also want to use (as opposed to equip) the Bag after getting your first Coated in Slime, in the hopes that it would extend the Coated effect.

I can loan you a Bag if it would help you add this in, I think 60 turns of +20 ML is worth it for this script.

Alhifar

The main problem seems to be that my script doesn't handle battle at all, so without some sort of external property that mafia could set so I knew how many charges I had, there'd be no way for the script to know if any myst spells have been used.

I'll put in a feature request for _bagOTricksUsed and _bagOTricksBuffs, and if they get added (or at least the buffs one), I'll add in support for the Bag.

zarqon

Casting a spell is a way to find out the current number of charges, since the BoT message when you cast corresponds to the number of myst spells used. Probably the script would choose the cheapest skill, so in a worst-case scenario (BoT already has three charges at the beginning of combat -- unlikely), you would only waste the MP of one spellcast.

Sorry, I was assuming that your script handled combat for at least the min_ml part of it. Support for the BoT would need to be in a consult script (getting the buff happens in combat), or your script would need to handle the first part of min_ml combat before passing it to run_combat().

Alhifar

My script doesn't handle any combat, and honestly, I'd prefer to keep it that way. I personally think that handling combat would fit into the "feature creep" category that I'd like to stay away from as much as possible.

Alhifar

The minml ccs tends to be more of an opinion type of thing. I, for example, cast cleesh before tattering away, while others just use a tatter-like. And on double nodule runs, I don't even cleesh OR tatter, just kill the little slime for its chamois to save ~50k for a bundle. I'm not completely sure you could make a useful general CCS that wouldn't need customized greatly.

Demyx

Okay, so I used this script for one slime tube run and it was great. But then I ran into problems when I tried to use it for a second slime tube run. Namely, it stopped using chamois at all. This resulted in 5 out of every 10 turns being spent getting beaten up. Any ideas?

Bale

Minion
Just from what Demyx said I might suspect that he forgot to use a big bundle of chamoix. Yes/no?

Demyx

Just from what Demyx said I might suspect that he forgot to use a big bundle of chamoix. Yes/no?

There were plenty of chamoix. Also, it appears that all sorts of wonky things were happening in my Mafia. Like my in-Mafia inventory window was all grayed out even when there were no processes/refreshes running, etc. This was all in the daily build 7808 - the daily build 7807 didn't have those problems and the slime tube script worked fine, too. Though the changes listed for 7808 in the changelog shouldn't have affected this.

Man, I dunno. I'll try again tomorrow.

psly4mne

Then, someone ought to write a supplementary CCS for min_ml with BoT support!

I modified slime.ash to use a ccs for the runaway turns, so that I can charge/use the bag and then run away, and then I wrote a simple consult script to charge the bag and use it when possible. http://kolmafia.us/showthread.php?t=2953

I will probably change the scripts so that I can automatically switch from an outfit with the BoT to an outfit with the Drowsy Sword once the BoT's charges are used up.

I was using slime.ash and had my mood doing gong roach ml in order to get the +30 ML. The extra 3 adventures in roachform meant that I often was killed by slime immediately afterwards, so I added a chamois use to my gong mood - but that's inefficient. Not sure the best way to correct though.

Thanks for a nice tool!

Bale

Minion
That's... Don't DO that! You're wasting 3 adventures of buffs every 30 adventures! Do all your gongs for 240+ turns of unpopular before you get started. THEN run the script.

I've got plenty of MP to power buffs, doing it the way you suggest loses 3 adventures of unpopular for each additional gong use (and 30 adventures worth of Unpopular). That's a 10% loss. The question is which turns of buffs to "waste" on roach adventures, and I'd prefer to use MP powered ones rather than gong powered ones.

The second inefficiency is the one that irks me, I'm losing turns of slimed, and over using chamois.

What am I missing?

kain

I've got plenty of MP to power buffs, doing it the way you suggest loses 3 adventures of unpopular for each additional gong use (and 30 adventures worth of Unpopular). That's a 10% loss. The question is which turns of buffs to "waste" on roach adventures, and I'd prefer to use MP powered ones rather than gong powered ones.

The second inefficiency is the one that irks me, I'm losing turns of slimed, and over using chamois.

What am I missing?

he's saying ... get your 240 turns of unpopular, THEN pile on the rest of your buffs. You waste like 24 or 26 turns total of unpopular.

The reasoning is that there's really no reason to run unpopular unless you're going for a slimeling, and if that's the case, then you're going to be running buffs that cost way more for those 3 turns in between gong uses than the cost of 24 turns and an extra gong. I did the maths, I have a spreadsheet somewhere ...

Also, if you're not getting slimelings, just do zero-bundle double nodule runs. Instead of tattering away from your Slimed (10) effect, you just kill the slime instead. No muss, no fuss, no fancy buffs, just 320 turns!

Last edited: