EatDrink.ash: Optimize your daily diet (and see how your old diet stacks up).

Zen00

Hmm, not sure why your client apparently got bad info. It's something that just happens with mafia SVN, though not usually on SF. Deleting and re-installing the script should get it back to the latest version and have it keep updating for a while.

Nah, it's just I tried updating before you put in the commit, and just now got around to saying something (since I didn't see any comment about it in the thread), so thought I was being helpful. :p

Theraze

In general, I won't post bug-fix notifications in the threads of scripts where I'm the main contributor unless someone has reported it. If the script doesn't run and I notice, I'll fix it and put the comments about it in the commit log. It's only when I'm in aftercore for extended periods of time - or on vacation without reliable internet or the ability to remote into a computer with at least adequate keyboard available - when BCA is likely to end up broken for over 24 hours. If a mafia commit happened over 24 hours ago and you haven't yet, expect svn update to bring changes. :) ED should get run every day repeatedly. CA gets run... well, mostly in aftercore now. It used to get run every day when I was using the Rinn quest scripts rather than BCA. TS gets run when people tell me that it's broken. :)

Zen00

Code:
  if ($items[cold hi mein, hot hi mein, sleazy hi mein, spooky hi mein, stinky hi mein, hell ramen, fettucini Inconnu, gnocchetti di Nietzsche, spaghetti with Skullheads, spaghetti con calaveras] contains con.it && have_skill($skill[saucemaven]))
  {
    if (my_class() == $class[Sauceror] || my_class() == $class[Pastamancer])
    {
      con.adv.min += 5;
      con.adv.max += 5;
    }
    else
    {
      con.adv.min += 3;
      con.adv.max += 3;
    }
  }

Theraze

That to say, KoL has changed from 10/5 bonus adventures to 5/3, right? I was looking through lost's commit and getting confused by the lack of change when not returning perUnit. Though it seemed off before as well since it had the same return of 5 whether or not you were myst. *shrugs*

Zen00

Is there a way to force eatdrink to always choose one specific food/drink if you want it to eat only, say Lucky Surprise Eggs?

Theraze

Set it as a favourite. Those get picked if available even if it's a bad idea. Or just run eat 15 lucky surprise egg before you launch EatDrink. Either way.

Des80

I was just making sure I didn't miss a change in the address. I don't mind waiting just making sure it wasn't my own stupidity that was causing it. Thank you. Ok I edited this because I didn't want to make another post and create two posts next to each other so I hope people still read this... Is there anyway to make this keep going on if it can't make a Chef in the box it told me it couldn't make one then the script stopped.

Last edited:

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Here's a nit. I have not found the library key yet. I have completed the Steel quest but not consumed the steel margarita. I fire up EatDrink and tell it to drink to 11. It first consumes the steel margarita and then proceeds to drink 11 drunkenness leaving me at 16, instead of the hoped for 11. Many workarounds but since I remember the discussion about whether to automatically consume the steel item if present this is a case where the desired effect is not straightforward. :)

Theraze

3 years ago we talked about what to do with the steel organs and whether to abort after consuming them or to just consume more. At that point, we'd decided to NOT increase consumption max when we get one of the steel organs. Post 1451 is the one where I asked that question and then it languished. :)

I'd look at when that changed and we decided to add the +max to the party, but... blame takes SVN, so... eventually.

That leaves four forward-options.
1) Leave it like it is. There's never a good reason not to use the steel organ as soon as you get it, if you can, unless we're talking about the liver, and you can always overdrink that at the end. So if you have your steel margarita and haven't finished billiards, you can either simulate to see what you can manually drink or just drink it and then limit to 10. This leaves people who tell ED to fill them up getting their optimal consumption given the fullness, rather than adding bad trash.
2) Make ED abort after consuming the organ. This means that people who are automating and expect ED to do what they want will end up with NO consumption at all of that type, until they run it again.
3) Make ED go to their exact target, after consuming steel, if steel fits. This does mean that trash will get used and people will get worse choices overall on that consumption.
4) Make it only auto-consume the SM when overdrinking and retain current behaviour for fullness and spleen. This would probably make it abort without properly overdrinking and require running the script twice, but would avoid the problem with the billiards.

4 choices. I don't really care which we do. If we do anything besides leave it where it is, I'd probably put it behind a variable so that people using the script in automation can expect the script to properly fill them up with a single execution.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
I'm OK with leaving things as they are. I reported it as something that happened that I did not expect but it is such a niche case that my recommended fix would be telling a user to "Don't Do That" rather than find some fiddly set of parameters that could be set and cleared to generate different behavior.

Des80

I've got a question I hope hasn't been answered I tried skimming through the posts but there are a lot of them.. Why would the script not let you eat the last 4 of your food ( 11/15 ) There were options I had food it could have eaten and not paid for that were well under the budget so was just curious why even starting it a few times it wouldnt' eat anything.

Des80

I told it to consume 15 food I didn't change anything else and no matter what I do it wont eat the last 4 items.. Im not the only one who has stated this is happening to them. When I do the Simulator it shows me eating an herbal stuffing but when I run it off of the simulator it shows me not eating anything.

Last edited:

Crowther

I told it to consume 15 food I didn't change anything else and no matter what I do it wont eat the last 4 items.. Im not the only one who has stated this is happening to them. When I do the Simulator it shows me eating an herbal stuffing but when I run it off of the simulator it shows me not eating anything.
I've never had this problem. I eat to 15 on three characters every day. Any idea what you're doing differently?