Character Info Toolbox

ereinion

From the documentation:
Code:
chit.toolbar.moods: Shows or hides toolbar icon from changing and executing moods
          both: shows two icons, one for changing and the other for executing
          Default: true
Does that mean that the only valid options are "both", "true" and (presumably) "false"?

-edit- Hmm, and as far as I can tell, "true" and "both" show the same result for me, i.e. a button with a pop-up menu allowing me to run or change mood... I seem to remember that I had a single button just for executing mood in my toolbar, any way to get that back?

-edit 2- On a different character, I have it set to "bonus", which seems to work as I want it to...

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
ckb, You've just made a change that was not related to quest completion. Why did you change

Code:
result.replace_string('</head>', '\n<link rel="stylesheet" href="chit.css">\n</head>');

to

Code:
result.replace_string('</head>', '\n<link rel="stylesheet" href="chit.css">\n<link rel="stylesheet" href="chit_sup.css">\n</head>');

? Is that a private change which you did not intend to leak out into the wild? I'm going to revert that on the supposition that it is an error since you don't include a chit_sup.css file. Please explain if I am wrong.

ckb

Minion
Staff member
? Is that a private change which you did not intend to leak out into the wild? I'm going to revert that on the supposition that it is an error since you don't include a chit_sup.css file. Please explain if I am wrong.

This is something I was going to discuss with you when I had a moment, but I guess it made its way into the submitted code for the Pyramid quest tracker update, and my moments are few and far sometimes.

This is a transparent change to all users, with no impact to current or future users, but it allows for a user to have a custom css file 'chit_sup.css' that will allow modifying / overriding the ChIT css.
If there is no chit_sup.css file, it does nothing. But for those who want a slightly tweaked layout, they can modify their own local css file without having it later overwritten by a SVN update.

I declare the _sup sheet after the standard sheet to give it priority. From 6.4.1 Cascading order:
Finally, sort by order specified: if two declarations have the same weight, origin and specificity, the latter specified wins. Declarations in imported style sheets are considered to be before any declarations in the style sheet itself.

Mostly I was trying this out as I prefer some different colors and smaller fonts, and this is an easy way for me to get those things without changing it for everyone.

EDIT: as an example, my chit_sup.css includes this:
Code:
#chit_tracker tr td {
	font-size:10px;
}
because I prefer smaller text for more info on my tracker. But it is mismatched with the rest of ChIT that uses 12px font, so I can have this as a local, personal only setting.

ckb

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
That's a really good idea! I'm sure you aren't the only one who'd like to do that.

I restored your revision with one change. I prefer chit_custom.css for the name of the custom css override. You'll have to change the name of your local file, but I can be annoyingly fussy about small things... sometimes.

ckb

Minion
Staff member
ok. I'll allow that. But really its a _sup more than a _custom. Because its not a custom css, its a custom supplemental css. ;)
I just want everyone to realize that it is not necessary to re-make the entire css, and in fact that is likely to cause problems in the future. The key is that you only have to add the styles that you want to change that are different than the standard ChIT css.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
And this is added just after I customized the css file to make all the text smaller (so I can actually see my effects). Oh well, I can sort out this new system when it's eventually forced by an SVN conflict.

Bale

Minion
Oh well, I can sort out this new system when it's eventually forced by an SVN conflict.

You can simply copy your customized css to a new file called chit_custom.css and revert your currently customized css text to default. That should work perfectly. There will be many redundant entries, but it will work perfectly and safe guard you against any future SVN conflict. :)

If you use WinMerge, or another differencing tool, you can then delete every entry that is the same in both files. (I like WinMerge.)

ckb

Minion
Staff member
I was working on my new custom css to try and make the effects a bit more compact, and notices that none of the expected css changes had any impact. This lead me to find two things:

CHiT was pulling the html from Kol for the effect images, including the "width=30 height=30" tags. CHiT uses 20x20 images for effects, so this was wrong and confusing (because the width and height are also specified by the css, the the css wins). I added a quick line to remove that from the html.

The height of all table.chit_brick tr td.icon tags was set with height:30px;, even if the contents of that <td> were much smaller (like a 20x20 image). I commented this out of the chit.css to allow each individual brick to set its own height depending on content.

Magus_Prime

I just noticed that, in the My Stats" block, that CHIT seems to be tracking ML incorrectly when the Florist Friar's plants come in to play. I was in Oil Peak and planted a Rabid Dogwood. Mafia displays the current ML as +100 (+40) while CHIT displays +100 (10).

The is in a Heavy Rains run and is one of the few zones where there is a distinction between "real" ML and Heavy Rains ML matters.

KoLMafia r14620.

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
I'm going to leave it as is, or else confusion will definitely evolve in other ways. Players just have to know that water level has a limited affect on Oil Peak monsters if they are experienced to know what the effect should be.

Lxndr

I seem to have no idea how I did this.
But I slipped and dropped my mouse and suddenly my Florist Friar tab thingy in the CHIT right-hand side is GONE.

How... can I get it back?

Bale

Minion
You would have to have removed it from layout. I'm not going to hazard a guess how you did that by dropping your mouse. It's in chit.stats.layout by default. If it isn't there (or in the other layouts) then add ",florist" to the end.

If that isn't informative enough, then type zlib chit into the CLI and copy/paste the resulting output here.

PS. "Florist Friar tab thingy in the CHIT right-hand side" seems a really weird to me. You do mean, the charpane on the LEFT, correct?

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Or maybe you clicked on the Florist link in the middle of combat, if you've logged out and back in and it came back. I should fix that with the Florist.

Edit: And fixed.

Last edited:

Lxndr

PS. "Florist Friar tab thingy in the CHIT right-hand side" seems a really weird to me. You do mean, the charpane on the LEFT, correct?

Yes, left hand. My bad.

It's still in the zlibs.

But it looks like lostcalpolydude may have fixed it. Going to download the new mafia and check that out.

ETA: Yay! IT's back.

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
ckb, you might want to take a look at the code I updated today to decorate elemental tags with pretty colors. Now I'm colorizing the entire modifier, not just the name of the element. If you like, I think it would look pretty nice in your WTF scripts.