bumcheekcend.ash - A zero setup semi-automated ascension script!

Drkirre

Interesting... this ran a hardcore AT run, low skills, with distractions and me farking up a few times, in 14 days. Ascend.ash did a softcore DB run, all on it's own, with full softcore supplies... in 16. I have vastly more SC skills and goods than HC. This has led me to but one conclusion: Bumcheekcity, you are secretly the God of All that is Scripting in disguise. Where may we set thy shrine?

bumcheekcity

I fixed a few issues with the script and have just attached my modified version of 0.10 here. If you like these changes, please incorporate any and all of them into your script. They made my day 1 go a lot more smoothly.

The changes are:
* Check toot and use the letter.
* Remember to talk to the untinker before getting the meatcar parts.
* Don't mark the guild tests as being done if they haven't been done.
* Don't worry about safe moxie in the starting areas.
* Adventure in the haunted pantry during levelMe when still level 1.
* "goal set +XXX moxie" doesn't appear to work, so always use "goal set XXX moxie" instead.

As for the last one, I'm not sure if that's a mafia bug or if that's an accepted way to specify that goal. The log always just spat out "Substats needed: 0/0/0" as if I already had what was being asked for, so it was almost like it was interpreting it as the absolute version. This is Mafia at r8779, if that makes any difference.

If there's a better way to hand back changes, please let me know. :)

Those changes seem good, but it'd probably be easiest to just print code snippets. I have your code and will be integrating it now though :D

Interesting... this ran a hardcore AT run, low skills, with distractions and me farking up a few times, in 14 days. Ascend.ash did a softcore DB run, all on it's own, with full softcore supplies... in 16. I have vastly more SC skills and goods than HC. This has led me to but one conclusion: Bumcheekcity, you are secretly the God of All that is Scripting in disguise. Where may we set thy shrine?

Pressure on Jick for a custom item would be nice:

snapshot taker
Equipment (1 Handed Camera)
This is a camera you can use to take snapshots with, or just hit your opponents over the head. The bright lights will confuse your enemy and cause them to get angry, complaining about having to fill everything in with green paint. You have no idea what they're talking about, but whatever, it's totally automated!

Monster Level +15
All Stats +10%
OCD!

Winterbay

I'm not sure which script is to blame here but something is definitely odd:

Code:
Exploring square : 8 / 25

[983] Hidden City (Square 8)
Encounter: pygmy blowgunner
Round 0: winterbay loses initiative!
(unable to macrofy due to action: consult smartstasis.ash)
big bad voodoo mask (5.0 @ +75.56684): 600.0 meat * 8.778341% = 52.670048
pygmy blowgun (30.0 @ +75.56684): 122.0 meat * 52.670048% = 64.257454
pygmy nose-bone (10.0 @ +75.56684): 150.0 meat * 17.556683% = 26.335024
Monster value: 389.22
Profit per round: 0
Checking for unidentified potions...
Checking for unidentified spheres...
This monster is not your huckleberry.
BCC: Finished the combat. Let's carry on.
Encounter: pygmy blowgunner
Round 0: winterbay loses initiative!
You're still in the middle of a combat!

I seem to recall that happened last time as well and i finished up the thing either with Rinn's script or manually. What's funny is that it managed some combat before that without a problem but after it got a few NCs it apparently got stuck on this one.

Theraze

If it gets stuck, I find a manual "run_combat" or two generally clears it up...

Any chance the issue is the monster profit script?

Winterbay

The monster profit script is FTF/Smartstasis with verbosity turned up to 10 I think. The first run_combat() I set off gave me a html-output of the fight in the CLI and after that I launched the relay browser to finish it off. Would a second one have finished the fight?

Theraze

Yeah, just looked through and saw that actually comes up with a verbosity of 5. Huckleberry is at verbosity 9. I tend to find that run_combat followed by clear finishes up most fights... if run_combat gets stuck, that means your CCS can't finish the fight for some reason, and you'll need to fix that. But yeah, doing run_combat in the gCLI will often screw up and display the actual fight window there, causing everything else to run odd until you clear the window.

Edit: Yeah... see in your post above, your CCS for them is just to run the smart stasis and nothing else... either you've set a bad default, or they've got a bad entry.

luneth

When I try and run the script, it tells me: [Everything Looks Yellow] does not match anything in the status effect database.
Bad effect value: "Everything Looks Yellow" (bumcheekascend v.10.ash, line 332)

Did I install it wrong?

Theraze

What version of mafia are you using? Are you using a daily build or a 'stable' version? If not using the latest daily build yet, upgrade. Then, run update clear, restart, and it should be fine.

HippoKing

The He-Bo has ray-eye messages which include the word "hippy", so they're showing up as a false positive. Changing the check from "hippy" to "y hippy" should allow one to continue to use the ray for the hippies, so (hopefully) fixed in 0.11.

Could you also make it change off the the HeBo when you have Everything Looks Yellow? No reason to use it when you can't use the ray.

Ferdawoon

Just started the lvl12 quest:
Code:
Request 7 of 173 (IsleWar: Wartime Hippy Camp (Frat Disguise)) in progress...

[1086]     Wartime Hippy Camp (Frat Disguise)
Encounter: Blockin' Out the Scenery

Request 8 of 173 (IsleWar: Wartime Hippy Camp (Frat Disguise)) in progress...
You can't get to that area.
Seems the script can't handle the transition when starting the Battle and abort as the zone is no longer available.

Another thing, just mentioning this again, why is the script going through my mood and buff setting 4 times?
Code:
When I run low on Butt-Rock Hair, use 5 hair spray
When I run low on The Moxious Madrigal, cast 1 The Moxious Madrigal
When I run low on Mariachi Mood, cast 1 Moxie of the Mariachi
BCC: Need less combat, brave Sir Robin!
When I run low on Smooth Movements, cast 1 Smooth Movement
When I run low on The Sonata of Sneakiness, cast 1 The Sonata of Sneakiness
When I get Carlweather's Cantata of Confrontation, uneffect Carlweather's Cantata of Confrontation
When I get Carlweather's Cantata of Confrontation, uneffect Carlweather's Cantata of Confrontation
When I get Carlweather's Cantata of Confrontation, uneffect Carlweather's Cantata of     Confrontation

EDIT1: When the script use my Game Grid token to get tickets for the pixie sticks, is it not worth it to spend 5adv to get 30 tickets (3 pixie sticks) by going through the Dungeon Fist? There is at least one Dungeon Fist script here on the forums so that can easily be automated. I know that spending 5adv might not be optimal, but on the other hand I get 3 pixiesticks from one token and I rarely get my spleen filled as the script use a lot of other familiars instead, so getting two "free" sticks that grant Adv to use to fill out my Spleen might be a booster in the end, if considered across the entire ascension.

EDIT2: The script use Sugar shirts at the start of the ascension, but it do not seem to use the snowcones or candy hearts (at least not until the Naughty Sorceress familiars, where I'm not sure I have used the script). Consider using Blue snowcones, or green when combined with +Item familiars? Red cones at the Themthar hills?
Ahhh... lol. Just as I'm writing this I see that the script use a red cone for the themthar Hills ^^
Well, maybe I just missed if it use the cones in the other parts of the ascensions =)

EDIT3: The Squeezbox is not optimal you say. Is that including the increased duration of buffs? longer duration = less MP spent = less mat spent on managing your MP.

EDIT4: Sorry to be that kind of a person but..:
Probably best that you kill the boss yourself. I've haven't turned in the war gear for you.
"I have have not"

EDIT5: Now this happened again. The script was grinding the Ballroom to powerlevel moxie for me to reach lvl13, but when I reached 0 adv I got this:
Code:
dance card
Condition already exists: dance card
dance card
dance card
dance card
dance card
dance card
dance card
dance card
dance card
dance card
dance card
dance card
dance card
I can't go back to see what happened just before it as the CLI is full of these two lines. I tried to Stop Mafia as fast as I could but I was not fast enough =(

Last edited:

lightwolf

NS Lair stuff and things...

The script just collected 12 Hedge maze puzzles...

Looks to be an unexpected error that ended up in a debug output. Short version

Unexpected error, debug log printed.
class java.lang.NumberFormatException: hedge
java.lang.NumberFormatException: hedge

Context

Code:
Level 13 Starting
Resetting mind control     device...
Mind control device reset.
Checking     for familiar 'jumpsuited hound dog' where x=1
Conditions list     cleared.
Condition already met: hedge maze puzzle

BCC:     Getting another Hedge Maze
ect
Mood swing complete.
Maximizing...
135     combination checked, best score 278.0
Mood swing complete.
BCC:     We should set the MCD if we can.
BCC: We     CAN set the MCD.
Resetting mind control device...
Mind     control device reset.

Request     1 of 77 (Sorceress: Sorceress' Hedge Maze) in progress...

[1027]     Sorceress' Hedge Maze
Encounter: topiary golem
ect

Request     2 of 77 (Sorceress: Sorceress' Hedge Maze) in progress...
ect

With no signs of stopping.

Winterbay

J
Another thing, just mentioning this again, why is the script going through my mood and buff setting 4 times?
Code:

BCC: Need less combat, brave Sir Robin!

When I get Carlweather's Cantata of Confrontation, uneffect Carlweather's Cantata of     Confrontation

/QUOTE]

Added line breaks to make it slightly clearer what is happening. I'm not sure why it is doing the last thing 4 times though, but the first part is just adding one effect to the mood at a time and Mafia printing the entire mood when you do so.

Fluxxdog

EDIT1: When the script use my Game Grid token to get tickets for the pixie sticks, is it not worth it to spend 5adv to get 30 tickets (3 pixie sticks) by going through the Dungeon Fist? There is at least one Dungeon Fist script here on the forums so that can easily be automated. I know that spending 5adv might not be optimal, but on the other hand I get 3 pixiesticks from one token and I rarely get my spleen filled as the script use a lot of other familiars instead, so getting two "free" sticks that grant Adv to use to fill out my Spleen might be a booster in the end, if considered across the entire ascension.
This has been debated before. Is spending 6 adventures (1 for the token, 5 for the game) worth "freeing up" your familiar?

The major influence is the Rogue Program double as a Star Starfish, allowing you to rebuild MP. Those 5 turns could be better spent on gaining valuable stats, getting the MP you need for buffs/summons, and other combat related perks. Add in the fact that it's possible for the 3 tokens you need to drop in 6 turns, it really argues against playing a game being worth it, let alone optimal.

All that is thrown out the window if you have a second spleen familiar or in aftercore. A second spleen familiar can drop your next item quicker and aftercore doesn't have to worry about stats as much, just farming.

slyz

Developer
This has been debated before. Is spending 6 adventures (1 for the token, 5 for the game) worth "freeing up" your familiar?
The point he makes about filling all your spleen with one token makes sense, in the context of this script. I haven't tried the script myself, but if, in the experience of most users, their spleen isn't filled daily because familiars other than spleenies take precedence most of the time, it would be a net gain in terms of turngen.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
I thought the script leaves it to you to consume stuff. As long as you're overdrinking something and you have at least 1 token, you can do that on your own.

Winterbay

The script leaves all consuming but spleen items, specifically agua de vida and coffee pixie stix, up to you. If you want to use the last 3 spleen or do somethign else entirely then that's up to you but if you start the script and have either of those in yoru inventory (or a token) it will use them.

bumcheekcity

Could you also make it change off the the HeBo when you have Everything Looks Yellow? No reason to use it when you can't use the ray.

Why not? Done in 0.11.

Just started the lvl12 quest:
Code:
Request 7 of 173 (IsleWar: Wartime Hippy Camp (Frat Disguise)) in progress...

Seems the script can't handle the transition when starting the Battle and abort as the zone is no longer available.

EDIT2: The script use Sugar shirts at the start of the ascension, but it do not seem to use the snowcones or candy hearts (at least not until the Naughty Sorceress familiars, where I'm not sure I have used the script). Consider using Blue snowcones, or green when combined with +Item familiars? Red cones at the Themthar hills?
Ahhh... lol. Just as I'm writing this I see that the script use a red cone for the themthar Hills ^^
Well, maybe I just missed if it use the cones in the other parts of the ascensions =)

EDIT3: The Squeezbox is not optimal you say. Is that including the increased duration of buffs? longer duration = less MP spent = less mat spent on managing your MP.

EDIT4: Sorry to be that kind of a person but..:
"I have have not"

EDIT5: Now this happened again. The script was grinding the Ballroom to powerlevel moxie for me to reach lvl13, but when I reached 0 adv I got this:

I can't go back to see what happened just before it as the CLI is full of these two lines. I tried to Stop Mafia as fast as I could but I was not fast enough =([/QUOTE]

The Level 12 thing should be sorted, and it doesn't buff you a zillion times, it just prints a lot of stuff to the CLI. Not to worry about. 

1) The script won't do that. It's just a little too much hassle for marginal benefit. Particularly a marginal benefit I don't see because I have a sandworm. You could always get a sandworm :D
2) Using tomes and librams will be outside the scope of the script. Sugar shirts must be made manually, but will be automatically equipped by the maximizer. 
3) Yes. Have you had meat problems? I've always been swimming in it by the end of ascensions. 
4) Don't apologise. Fixed in 0.11.
5) Should be fixed in 0.11.

[QUOTE="lightwolf, post: 38772, member: 2467"]NS Lair stuff and things...

The script just collected 12 Hedge maze puzzles...

Looks to be an unexpected error that ended up in a debug output. Short version

class java.lang.NumberFormatException: hedge
java.lang.NumberFormatException: hedge

With no signs of stopping.[/QUOTE]

I'll keep an eye on this. The level 13 stuff is highly experimental at the moment. If anyone can shed light on this, I would be grateful.

Theraze

I run the hedgemaze in Rinn's quests like this now:
PHP:
            if (visit_url("lair.php").contains_text("\#Map\""))
   {
                                while (my_adventures() > 0 && !hedgemaze())
                                {
                                        adventure(request_monsterlevel(1), $location[Sorceress' Hedge Maze]);
                                }
                        }

HippoKing

I found the problem with the Gremlins getting attacked when they should be stasis'd:
Code:
		} else {
			if (my_hp() < 100) {
				return "cast lasagna bandages";
			} else {
				switch (my_class()) {
					case $class[Disco Bandit] : return "skill suckerpunch"; break;
					case $class[Accordion Thief] : return "skill sing"; break;
				}
			}
		}

If you have less than 100 HP but not Lasagna Bandages, you'll just attack. You need to put an "and has lasagna bandages" condition on that command to cast it.