bumcheekcend.ash - A zero setup semi-automated ascension script!

Ferdawoon

Why not? Done in 0.11.
The Level 12 thing should be sorted, and it doesn't buff you a zillion times, it just prints a lot of stuff to the CLI. Not to worry about.

1) The script won't do that. It's just a little too much hassle for marginal benefit. Particularly a marginal benefit I don't see because I have a sandworm. You could always get a sandworm :D
2) Using tomes and librams will be outside the scope of the script. Sugar shirts must be made manually, but will be automatically equipped by the maximizer.
3) Yes. Have you had meat problems? I've always been swimming in it by the end of ascensions.
4) Don't apologise. Fixed in 0.11.
5) Should be fixed in 0.11.
Yeh I know that it dont buff me over and over, or I would be completly out of meat! =D
Just thinking if there is a loop or condition that might end up being problematic later on.

The thing is, I do have a sandworm as well. Both the Rogue program and Sandworm. Also, the odds that I will get 3 drops from the sandworm in the 5adv I spend on the Dungeon Fist game to get 3 pixiesticks is probably pretty slim. And sure, dont have to do it all the time. As long as I have items to fill my Spleen there is no need to convert tickets to tokens so no need to spend those 5adv every time I get a token. This is especially useful as I think I have consumed maybe 4-5 pixie sticks this entire run. I'd guess that the adventures and stats from the pixiestick weigh up for the 5adv lost gaining them.

Meat problems? Yes, I have had a bit of meatpoblems early on. Until lvl5 or so I have to be a bit careful with what I do. Mostly this is from healing and buffs eating my MP and I spend a lot of meat on restorers.

tgetgel

Started a HC no clover DB run using this script. So far on Day 2 -

Counter Checker stopped automation while in the hidden temple trying to level up moxie substat to 50 - it would not go to Outskirts automatically - had to manually go get the semi-rare lunch box and eat a fortune cookie. (Sorry, did not capture the message)

Automation would not continue past hermit not having a stolen accordion today. Maybe the script could continue automation past that and try hermit again tomorrow? (Shown after restarting the script)
Ascending Starting
Level 1 Starting
BCC: We have completed the stage [knob].
BCC: We have completed the stage [pantry].
Level 2 Starting
BCC: We have completed the stage [guild1].
BCC: We have completed the stage [spookyforest].
Level 3 Starting
BCC: We have completed the stage [guild2].
Checking for item Rock and Roll Legend, which it turns out I have 0 of.
Checking for item Squeezebox of the Ages, which it turns out I have 0 of.
Checking for item The Trickster's Trikitixa, which it turns out I have 0 of.
BCC: Getting the AT Epic Weapon
Checking for item stolen accordion, which it turns out I have 0 of.
You can't get a stolen acc from the hermit today.
Checking the session, the goal was substat 50, so I manually ran the rest of the adventures in the temple, since that was where it was running, trying to get to substat 50. Ended up at 32 moxie and level 6 but penniless due to making tomato schnaps and eating purchased moxie weeds. Have to be more careful tomorrow about them weeds.

Last edited:

Winterbay

Can you even get a stolen accordion from the hermit? Or is that just an odd way of saying "failed to get an accordion by use of chewing gum"?

bumcheekcity

It's not going to support Fortune Cookie counters any time soon. You might find it aborts on them and you can manually get a SR, or you might find it captures the abort and continues adventuring, losing it.

And the accordion thing has been fixed.

Theraze

I'm testing setting a nextSemirareLocation variable when CC sets its next location, which is cleared when the adventure is actually done. If the value is set, BBB skips the extra cookie eating and hijacking away from the semirare adventure... but that's probably not really what tgetgel wants.

Guessing what you want to set is BaleCC_SrInHC to true. That will make CC automate the semirares for you even in HC. Unless that's not what you want, and you want it to just pick between the two locations, in which case you can force that by hacking apart your (personal) copy of CC to only allow the locations you actually want it to pull for SRs, and THEN set BaleCC_SrinHC to true. Since it'll only have 2-3 options total, it should pick from the ones you want it to, and rotate between them.

Winterbay

Yesterday I managed to blow up my wand while trying to get a ring of conflict. When I restarted the script it went to get a Dead Mimic and then went on to adventuring like normal. Today when it started it looked for a wand, then for a dead mimic since I didn't have a wand and used it. Since it was less than 3 days it generated a lot of potions but nothing else so the script now tries to get a new mimic. Is it possible to set the script to only use a mimic if it will gain a wand?

I don't even know if mafia tracks the explosion...

slyz

Developer
the "lastZapperWand" property tells you if you already got a wand on your current run:

PHP:
if( get_property( "lastZapperWand" ) != get_property( "knownAscensions" ) )
{
     // get mimic
}

Ferdawoon

Code:
Level 13 Starting
There is some error and you don't appear to be able to access the lair...
If I run the Lucky Entryway that is built into Mafia, I get this:
Code:
Checking     prerequisites...
You haven't been given the quest to fight the Sorceress!
If I manually go to the council it say that I have not killed the Knob Goblin yet. Re-running the script seem to not bother checking if the bosses are dead, at least not the King =S

Rinn's level 4 script tell me that the quest is completed
Code:
Council of Loathing

We still need you to neutralize the Goblin King, Adventurer.
You have already completed the level 4 quest.

But manually going to the Lair, the King is still there.

Last edited:

xKiv

You have already completed the level 4 quest=

That's the boss bat, not goblin king.
Goblin king is level 5.
The script might check for completion/progress of level 5 quest first, because the harem veil from it gives "free" stench protection for guano junction. Why it would want to kill the king instead of just having the veil, I dont know.

Theraze

Nope, doesn't check, just checks if you currently have the protection. One of the fixes I made in my copies... checks if maximize can get you any protection, if not, gets you the pine-fresh from the entryway.

And the crown is a nice extra bit of muscle...

The quote above is a red herring. It displays the council message, THEN gives you Rinn's quest message. So, the council is telling you that you haven't finished off the Level 5 quest, and Rinn's script is telling you that you HAVE finished the Level 4 quest. Nothing unusual there, all working as it should...

tgetgel

Guessing what you want to set is BaleCC_SrInHC to true. That will make CC automate the semirares for you even in HC. Unless that's not what you want, and you want it to just pick between the two locations, in which case you can force that by hacking apart your (personal) copy of CC to only allow the locations you actually want it to pull for SRs, and THEN set BaleCC_SrinHC to true. Since it'll only have 2-3 options total, it should pick from the ones you want it to, and rotate between them.

This is what I wanted. Thanks, Theraze.

bumcheekcity

Yesterday I managed to blow up my wand while trying to get a ring of conflict. When I restarted the script it went to get a Dead Mimic and then went on to adventuring like normal. Today when it started it looked for a wand, then for a dead mimic since I didn't have a wand and used it. Since it was less than 3 days it generated a lot of potions but nothing else so the script now tries to get a new mimic. Is it possible to set the script to only use a mimic if it will gain a wand?

I don't even know if mafia tracks the explosion...

If mafia tracks the explosions, I can do this. If not, it's a limitation of KoL and/or Mafia that I can't workaround. Easily.

Ferdawoon

That's the boss bat, not goblin king.
Goblin king is level 5.
The script might check for completion/progress of level 5 quest first, because the harem veil from it gives "free" stench protection for guano junction. Why it would want to kill the king instead of just having the veil, I dont know.
Ehhm yeh that's silly of me =S
I tried the lvl4 script Rinn made but forgot the King os lvl5. Anyway, the important part is that the ascension script dont seem to know that the King is alive. I had the outfit and the perfume, but the king was alive and the script had no idea why it could not do the NS Lair, which was because the king was alive =)

Theraze

Possibly because the script doesn't actually check if the adventure was successful? It adventures there, then sets the value to completed. Saves some server hits since you never check the questlog, but if someone does weird things to their script settings, then it'll give up...

Can either fix this by running Rinn's level 5, or by doing the following... at least, I think this should fix it. :)
PHP:
ashq set_property("bcasc_stage_knobking", "0");

tgetgel

Bug: Line 883 needs the character class added to it.
Code:
 boolean bcascEpicWeapons() {
	if ([COLOR="red"]my_class() == $class[Accordion Thief] && [/COLOR]my_basestat(my_primestat()) > 10 && i_a("Rock and Roll Legend") == 0 && i_a("Squeezebox of the Ages") == 0 && i_a("The Trickster's Trikitixa") == 0) {
As it stands, every class runs the AT portion.

Last edited:

StDoodle

Minion
If mafia tracks the explosions, I can do this. If not, it's a limitation of KoL and/or Mafia that I can't workaround. Easily.

It doesn't, not in an accessible way at least as far as I can find, but you could at least add this:

PHP:
(get_property("lastZapperWand").to_int() == my_ascensions())
... which will return a boolean that is true if you've already found a zap wand this run. Getting a new one after 3 days wouldn't be something easy-to-automate though, unless you checked and saved zap wand status each day.

Feature. Every class SHOULD have an R+R.

No, not really. Low-skill and BM non-AT really, really don't. Maybe use this? (Weights for skills totally pulled out of my a** and probably depend on what your script uses.)

Code:
boolean require_rock_and_roll_legend() {
    float n = 0;
    if (have_skill($skill[ The Moxious Madrigal ])) n += 0.1 + (0.1 * to_float(my_primestat() == $stat[Moxie]));
    if (have_skill($skill[ The Magical Mojomuscular Melody ])) n += 0.1 + (0.3 * to_float(my_primestat() == $stat[Mysticality]));
    if (have_skill($skill[ Cletus's Canticle of Celerity ])) n += 0.1;
    if (have_skill($skill[ The Power Ballad of the Arrowsmith ])) n += (0.5 * to_float(my_primestat() == $stat[Muscle]));
    if (have_skill($skill[ The Polka of Plenty ])) n += 0.1;
    if (have_skill($skill[ Jackasses' Symphony of Destruction ])) n += 0.2;
    if (have_skill($skill[ Fat Leon's Phat Loot Lyric ])) n += 0.8;
    if (have_skill($skill[ Brawnee's Anthem of Absorption ])) n += 0.1;
    if (have_skill($skill[ The Psalm of Pointiness ])) n += 0.1;
    if (have_skill($skill[ Stevedave's Shanty of Superiority ])) n += 0.2;
    if (have_skill($skill[ Aloysius' Antiphon of Aptitude ])) n += 0.2;
    if (have_skill($skill[ The Ode to Booze ])) n += 0.6;
    if (have_skill($skill[ The Sonata of Sneakiness ])) n += 0.5;
    if (have_skill($skill[ Ur-Kel's Aria of Annoyance ])) n += 0.4;
    if (have_skill($skill[ Dirge of Dreadfulness ])) n += 0.1;
    if (have_skill($skill[ Inigo's Incantation of Inspiration ])) n+= 0.7;
    return (n >= 1.0);
}

Last edited:

bumcheekcity

Actually, you may well have a point. Certainly if this script ever expands into BM, it would be really annoying to build a RnR.