bumcheekcend.ash - A zero setup semi-automated ascension script!

Winterbay

lightwolf

Shiny. Currently using latest version 0.9. Let's see...

* Its been mentioned before, but on level 5 routine when looking for Filthy Hippy set, it said my current familiar wasn't a HeBo so it decided to make a pumpkin bomb. Then AFTER it made the pumpkin bomb, it checked for and equipped the HeBo as my familiar.

Code:
Checking for item filthy knitted dread sack, which it turns out I have 0 of.
Resetting mind control device...
Mind control device reset.
BCC: We don't have the HeBo equipped, so we're either on a 100% run or you just don't have one. Trying a pumpkin bomb. If you have one, we'll use it.

Harvesting your garden
You acquire an item: pumpkin
Checking for item knob goblin firecracker, which it turns out I have 1 of.
Checking for item pumpkin, which it turns out I have 1 of.
Checking for item knob goblin firecracker, which it turns out I have 1 of.
Checking for item pumpkin bomb, which it turns out I have 0 of.
Verifying ingredients for pumpkin bomb (1)...
Creating pumpkin bomb (1)...
You acquire an item: pumpkin bomb
Successfully created pumpkin bomb (1)
Checking for familiar 'he-boulder' where x=1
Putting Fancy Pants the Frumious Bandersnatch back into terrarium...
Taking Wild Thing the He-Boulder out of terrarium...
Conditions list cleared.
Condition set: filthy knitted dread sack
Condition set: filthy corduroys
filthy knitted dread sack
filthy corduroys
BCC: Getting Hippy Kit

No harm done though as I was able to untinker the Pumpkin bomb.

* Starting the script just before beating the boss bat (Just after lair is open) it actually unset the MCD device so that I didn't get the pants.

Code:
 > ******************
 > Ascending Starting
 > ******************
 > Level 1 Starting
 > Level 2 Starting
 > Level 3 Starting
 > Checking for item Rock and Roll Legend, which it turns out I have 1 of.
 > Level 4 Starting
mcd 4
mcd 0
 > Checking for familiar 'Knob Goblin Organ Grinder' where x=1
 > BCC: WTFPWNing the Boss Bat

cast 1 Moxie of the Mariachi

cast 1 The Magical Mojomuscular Melody

equip pants Knob Goblin harem pants

[103] Boss Bat's Lair
Encounter: beefy bodyguard bat
ect

[104] Boss Bat's Lair
ect

[105] Boss Bat's Lair
ect

[106] Boss Bat's Lair
ect

[107] Boss Bat's Lair
ect

buy 1 anti-anti-antidote at market price from an NPC Store
You acquire an item: anti-anti-antidote
You spent 30 Meat

[108] Boss Bat's Lair
Encounter: The Boss Bat
Round 0: lightwolf wins initiative!
Round 1: lightwolf executes a macro!
Round 1: lightwolf attacks!
You lose 7 Mojo Points
Round 2: lightwolf attacks!
Round 3: lightwolf attacks!
You acquire an item: dense meat stack
You acquire an item: Boss Bat bandana
You gain 2 Strengthliness
You gain a Muscle point!
You gain 4 Enchantedness
You gain 5 Roguishness

* Also had the issue where it said it turned in all my war items for quarters, when in fact it hadn't. On the other hand, I didn't want it to anyway since I usually smash the equipment later.

Maybe that's not optimal but i was out of ronin when I had tried it, so it was trying to turn in 200+ Bejeweled Pledge pins ect. Since it stops before you fight "The Man" anyway should it really auto turn in all your war equipment?

* When the program decides to level in the hidden temple, should it check for and equip the mini hipster if you have it?

lightwolf

Edit: I'm beginning to think about how to handle mus/mys ascensions. I'm never going to be doing it optimally, but want to assume at least hero and shieldbutt for mus (without hero, muscle SUCKS), but unsure how to deal with mysticality.

As far as lazy ascension goes, I've done plenty of Myst runs especially using a safe moxie approach. (even using Ballroom leveling to out moxie NS at end) It wouldn't be to bad to simply do a first run of myst/musc support as just using safe moxie. Otherwise, assuming Hero for musc (and eating the damage) and Noodles for myst isn't to unreasonable.

What about the FightOptimizer.ash script, if its still up to date? I believe that one used to find the most efficient (cheapest) way to handle combat on the fly fairly well. Although the way it is now, i guess it dosen't support setting a custom combat script (or setting up olafication targets as far as i can see )

lightwolf

Gah! After it got the Steel Margarita, it tried to get it again...

Had some issues with combat being interrupted by low HP abort. Restarted script just before getting the 3rd Azazzel's item, then i got...

Code:
Condition set: steel margarita
steel margarita
BCC:     Getting the steel margarita!

//Skip auto heal spam ect...

Request 1 of 44 (Woods: Friar's Gate) in progress...

[253]     Friar's Gate
Encounter: Going Ballet Up
You acquire an item:     Azazel's tutu

Request 2 of 44 (Woods: Friar's Gate) in progress...

[254]     Friar's Gate
Encounter: Fallen Archfiend
Strategy: attack with weapon
//Skip combat spam ect

[255] Friar's Gate
Encounter: P imp
Strategy:     attack with weapon
//Skip combat spam ect

Request 4 of 44 (Woods: Friar's Gate) in     progress...

[256] Friar's Gate
Encounter: L imp
Strategy:     attack with weapon
//Skip combat spam ect
Request 5 of 44     (Woods: Friar's Gate) in progress...

[257] Friar's Gate
Encounter:     Bureaucracy of the Damned
You acquire an item: steel margarita

Conditions     satisfied after 5 adventures.
Since you are not in a Moxie sign, you     may not visit the brewery.
Drinking 1 steel margarita...
You gain 5     Drunkenness
You learned a new skill: Liver of Steel
Finished     drinking 1 steel margarita.
Checking for item     steel margarita, which it turns out I have 0 of.
Resetting mind     control device...
BCC:     Switching Familiar for General Use
Checking     for item agua de vida, which it turns out I have 0 of.
Checking     for item coffee pixie stick, which it turns out I have 0 of.
Checking     for item Game Grid token, which it turns out I have 2 of.
Checking     for item Game Grid ticket, which it turns out I have 0 of.
Conditions     list cleared.
Condition set: steel margarita
steel margarita
BCC:     Getting the steel margarita!

Stopped after fighting 4 more combats at the Friars because of the Fortune cookie counter I set, otherwise it probably would have kept going...

Winterbay

For the record: I hate the GMOB at the moment :)
Or rather my bad luck. I got 1 gmob calling today in ~190 adventures but 25 don't hold a grudge and 19 having a medicine ball. Annoying is the word for that, however I don't think we can blame the script for that.

Quiting myself here. It seems that when I today went in manually I got the Guy mad of bees on the first try, mapping nicely with it being the 20th time so I went through the questlog for yesterday and it is very possible that my edit to the combat filter screwed me over because in the log I had
Code:
[1396] Haunted Bathroom
Encounter: Having a Medicine Ball
choice.php?whichchoice=105&option=3&pwd
Encounter: The Guy Made Of Bees
Round 0: winterbay wins initiative!
Adjusted combat item count: fancy bath salts
 > BCC: We are fighting the GMOB!
Round 1: winterbay attacks!
You lose 25,165 hit points
 > You've had the crap beaten out of you... attempting to find some more crap.

In the log there are 2 more of those so 19 of that adventure seems correct once more. I'm still not sure why it only was on 1 for the count though, but that feels more lika Mafia bug than anything else.

Edit: Since I'm already at the bottom of the thread:

While trying to get through the lair the script is having trouble identifying things:
Code:
BCC: We see Locked Gate
Checking for item Black No. 2, which it turns out I have 1 of.
BCC: We have the effect/item, for that gate.
BCC: We see Gate of Machismo
Checking for item Meleegra™ pills, which it turns out I have 0 of.
BCC: We do not have the item for that gate.
BCC: We see Gate that is Not a Gate
Checking for item dod, which it turns out I have 0 of.
BCC: We do not have the item for that gate.

The "item dod" is most likely a bug (and I believe that have been mentioned before), but what I wanted to point out is the part of the meleegra pill since when I do this:
Code:
> inv melee

Meleegra™ pills (2)

it appears that I do have 2 of that item.

Last edited:

bumcheekcity

Should just be some form of:

That's a tweakish version of the Cyrus test from Wossname...

It should be. It is terrible if you restart in the middle though, and it DOES use a clover, and there's the possibility of screwing up the Cyrus fight and then everything goes a bit weird. Basically it's more complicated than the GMoB and because of the way clovers are used, it's rare to have them there, and I want to save one for gum anyway.

I'll revisit it later, but I've been getting too many bug reports about Cyrus to spend more time on it. It'll have to be GMoB or done manually.

If the player has managed to for some reason collected an antique hand mirror could the fight with the gmob take this into account?

Yes. In 0.10. I've implemented the code fragment you gave.

Maybe at runtime you should have it read the mafia "buy from NPC stores" preference and whine if it's off. It would stop a lot of the error reports you're getting.

edit: Gremlin stasis seems to only work for one round -

The gremlins would probably benefit from a bespoke maximize command and mood too - casting Absorption and/or Pointiness if you have them, and the maximize focussing more on DA/DR/HP than Moxie. Forcing MCD=0 might be nice too.

- Agreed. Does anyone know what that setting is/
- I'm not able to replicate the Gremlin stasis error. It's always stasised (?) them correctly for me.
- Agreed. I'm going for "mox +DA +10DR -melee", and forcing MCD=0 in 0.10.

I just completed all Island sidequests up to, and including, the Orchard, but the script did not complete the Arena. I only killed the GmoB and went on to the next sidequest.

In the Battlefield I killl 8 hippies per adventure and the Island had no big red F on it. Once I clicked the Arena and handed it in, it got marked as completed with the F and I now kill 16 hippies per adventure.

I think I've found the bug with this and fixed it in 0.10.

I also got this problem when I wanted the script to do the Nuns:

and at this point the script abort instead of using another familiar boosting Meat. After checking the script now I see that I got that setting when I edited the case-setting for the IsleWar

I haven't seen the error you described before, and can't see where the script should be causing it. Is anyone else able to confirm this?

I noticed that it did not say that it got me any items so I went to the Coin Masters window in Mafia and all the items were greyed out as they are when I do not have enough quarters and the list of items for me to sell was empty. I checked the KoLMafia list of my inventory for quarters and found nothing, so I manually went to the Frat House to check and I still had all the hippy items. Apparently the script only make KoLMafia think that it have sold the items when in reality it have not sold anything.

Actually, as I'm aborting for the Boss anyway, I'm not going to have it sell the items.

First, what is this dod item? I assume Dungeon of Doom but as the other items are named properly, do the same with the DoD potion?
Also, how come it can not get the items? The script got me the wand so I have Dungeon of Doom opened, I have the Junkyard adventurable and I don't see why I should be prevented from adventuring at the South of the Border. Manually adventuring in each 3 zones work fine.

The Level 13 is incredibly buggy. It's generally fine once you get through the first gate manually, but identifying the potions is quite tricky and I'm not sure of the best way. It's not been a high priority since it's pretty well automated by mafia anyway.

The bat hole logic can get stuck in an infinite loop. If I don't have enough myst to equip the air freshener, then it won't let me adventure in guano junction, and it just loops infinitely trying to use a clover.

0.10 should abort if it can't get stench resist using the air freshener or other means. It won't do this if you have the passive permed, so I won't be able to test this.

Shiny. Currently using latest version 0.9. Let's see...

* Its been mentioned before, but on level 5 routine when looking for Filthy Hippy set, it said my current familiar wasn't a HeBo so it decided to make a pumpkin bomb. Then AFTER it made the pumpkin bomb, it checked for and equipped the HeBo as my familiar.
No harm done though as I was able to untinker the Pumpkin bomb.

This is fixed in 0.10.

Starting the script just before beating the boss bat (Just after lair is open) it actually unset the MCD device so that I didn't get the pants.

* Also had the issue where it said it turned in all my war items for quarters, when in fact it hadn't. On the other hand, I didn't want it to anyway since I usually smash the equipment later.

Maybe that's not optimal but i was out of ronin when I had tried it, so it was trying to turn in 200+ Bejeweled Pledge pins ect. Since it stops before you fight "The Man" anyway should it really auto turn in all your war equipment?

* When the program decides to level in the hidden temple, should it check for and equip the mini hipster if you have it?

1) Fixed in 0.10, the problem with the Boss Bat MCD.
2) 0.10 won't turn these in at all.
3) Could do, but ah, effort.

Gah! After it got the Steel Margarita, it tried to get it again...

Fixed in 0.10.

Last edited:

Theraze

For people that do want to sell stuff after finishing up Wossname, I present my sellwoss alias, used when things get odd. Or I need a bit of extra cash during BM Wossname run.
Code:
alias [B]sellwoss [/B]=> ashq import <wossname.ash> turn_stuff_in(true)

HippoKing

Code:
Turning in 9 pink clay bead...
Turning in 1 purple clay bead...
Turning in 2 green clay bead...
Turning in 3 bullet-proof corduroys...
Turning in 5 round purple sunglasses...
Turning in 6 reinforced beaded headband...
Turning in 2 hippy protest button...
Turning in 1 Lockenstock™ sandals...
Turning in 5 didgeridooka...
Turning in 1 wicker shield...
Turning in 6 lead pipe...
Turning in 5 communications windchimes...
Turning in 1 Gaia beads...
Turning in 3 hippy medical kit...

Aside from the fact that I don't think all of this should be turned in (smashables are probably worth keeping), it didn't work at all. Nothing got turned in.

Theraze

Are you still in the war? Do you still have the uniforms to wear? If either of these is false, you can't turn the war items in anymore... And all it does is calls the end of war sale function from Wossname. If you prefer not to sell bits, don't. :D Wossname.ash explains quite well how to set how much/what gets sold...

Winterbay

The script (version 0.09) does go through all the items you have and tries to hand them in, but fails in as much as to get any items. It does however trick Mafia into thinking that you have done it so none of the items show up in the item manager which is a neat trick :)

Ferdawoon

This is a bit over the edge maybe but I just had to see what happened.
I have now killed the NS and freed King Ralph. I ran the Ascensionscript and got this:

Code:
Ascending     Starting
Level     1 Starting
Level 2 Starting
Level 3 Starting
Checking     for item Rock and Roll Legend, which it turns out I have 4 of.
Level 4 Starting
Level 5 Starting
Checking     for item filthy knitted dread sack, which it turns out I have 18 of.
Checking     for item filthy corduroys, which it turns out I have 0 of.
Resetting     mind control device...
BCC:     We don't have the HeBo equipped, so we're either on a 100% run or you just     don't have one. Trying a pumpkin bomb. If you have one, we'll use it.

Harvesting     your garden
Checking for item knob goblin     firecracker, which it turns out I have 30 of.
Checking     for item pumpkin, which it turns out I have 0 of.
Checking     for item pumpkin bomb, which it turns out I have 0 of.
Checking     for familiar 'he-boulder' where x=1
Putting Gon the Jumpsuited     Hound Dog back into terrarium...
Taking Bee-Holder the He-Boulder out     of terrarium...
plastic pumpkin bucket is better than (none). Switching     items...
Putting on plastic pumpkin bucket...
Equipment changed.
Condition already met: filthy knitted dread sack
Condition     set: filthy corduroys
filthy corduroys
BCC:     Getting Hippy Kit

When I run low on Butt-Rock Hair, use 5     hair spray
When I run low on Butt-Rock Hair, use 5 hair spray
When I     run low on The Moxious Madrigal, cast 1 The Moxious Madrigal
When I run     low on Butt-Rock Hair, use 5 hair spray
When I run low on Mariachi     Mood, cast 1 Moxie of the Mariachi
When I run low on The Moxious     Madrigal, cast 1 The Moxious Madrigal
Casting Moxie of the Mariachi 1     times...
You acquire an effect: Mariachi Mood (duration: 5 Adventures)
Moxie     of the Mariachi was successfully cast.
Using 2 natural fennel soda...
You     gain 212 Mojo Points
Finished using 2 natural fennel soda.
Casting     The Moxious Madrigal 1 times...
You acquire an effect: The Moxious     Madrigal (duration: 20 Adventures)
The Moxious Madrigal was     successfully cast.
Mood swing complete.
Maximizing...
3192     combinations checked, best score 563.0
Putting on depleted Grimacite     ninja mask...
Equipment changed.
Wielding bottle-rocket crossbow...
Equipment     changed.
Holding super-sweet boom box...
Equipment changed.
Putting     on spangly mariachi vest...
Equipment changed.
Putting on plexiglass     pants...
Equipment changed.
Putting on plexiglass pendant...
Equipment     changed.
Putting on stainless steel suspenders...
Equipment changed.
Putting     on tube sock...
Equipment changed.
Mood swing complete.
We should     set the MCD if we can.
We CAN set the MCD.
Resetting mind control     device...

Casting Cannelloni Cocoon 1     times...
You gain 207 hit points
Cannelloni Cocoon was successfully     cast.

Request 1 of 192 (Island: Hippy Camp) in progress...
You     can't get to that area.
Make a checker to see if either of the End bosses of the Battlefield have been killed before starting the lvl12 script?

Ferdawoon

I haven't seen the error you described before, and can't see where the script should be causing it. Is anyone else able to confirm this?
This is not really a bug after all, I admit I was a bit unclear about this. It was me failing to edit the Setting part of the script where I set which sidequests I want it to use.
The default one is something in the line of "if my name is Bumcheekcity, do this" and a few "if my name instead is this other thing, use these other settings." One line there is a Force use of this familiar="" "-style thing which I did not notice. I changed the script to mention my name and edited what sidequests I wanted it to do, but I did not change the familiar line, meaning it tried to use a familiar that you have but I don't.

Actually, as I'm aborting for the Boss anyway, I'm not going to have it sell the items.
Yeh I dont think I need to add more to this as many have explained it already, where it try to sell the items but fail to do so and just remove it so Mafia cant find it.

The Level 13 is incredibly buggy. It's generally fine once you get through the first gate manually, but identifying the potions is quite tricky and I'm not sure of the best way. It's not been a high priority since it's pretty well automated by mafia anyway.
The thing is though, I can set Mafia to Identify Bang Potions for me by just rightclicking the Special Field and tell it to, assuming I have not set it to use Custom Combat Script, where Mafia use 2 potions one round in each combat until all are identified. There is even the Lucky / Unlucky Entryway in the Quests menue in Mafia so it should not be impossible. I noticed that the Teleportitis potion count it did had a blue color instead of the blue that the others had, so I just assumed that was the potion it wanted.
It still said Ihad 0 dod though.

Request 37 of 168 (Woods: Friar's Gate) in progress...

[1740] Friar's Gate
Encounter: Bureaucracy of the Damned
You acquire an item: steel-scented air freshener

Conditions satisfied after 37 adventures.
Using 1 steel-scented air freshener...
You learned a new skill: Spleen of Steel
Finished using 1 steel-scented air freshener.
Checking for item steel-scented air freshener, which it turns out I have 0 of.
BCC: Switching Familiar for General Use
Conditions list cleared.
Condition set: steel-scented air freshener
steel-scented air freshener
BCC: Getting the steel-scented air freshener!

and running it again, immediately after:
Conditions list cleared.
Level 6 Starting
BCC: Switching Familiar for General Use
Conditions list cleared.
Condition set: steel-scented air freshener
steel-scented air freshener
BCC: Getting the steel-scented air freshener!

Also, I didn't have a stolen accordion for the rock 'n' roll legend, and the script did not try to acquire one. It just aborted.

Last edited:

bumcheekcity

Make a checker to see if either of the End bosses of the Battlefield have been killed before starting the lvl12 script?

I'm not planning on putting in any checks for people running this in aftercore.

I've fixed the accordion problem described above in 0.10, and already fixed the steel problem.

Last edited:

Ferdawoon

Robbing the hermit...
You acquire an item: hot buttered roll
Hermit successfully looted!
Checking for item big rock, which it turns out I have 0 of.
Checking for item ten leaf clover, which it turns out I have 0 of.
Checking for item disassembled clover, which it turns out I have 1 of.
Checking for item ten leaf clover, which it turns out I have 0 of.
Using 1 disassembled clover...
Using 1 disassembled clover doesn't make anything interesting.
At this the script aborted. No going to the Casino =S

bumcheekcity

Code:
Using 1 disassembled clover doesn't make anything interesting.

Out of ideas. The script just throws a cli_execute("use 1 disassembled clover"); What happens if you type that in the command line?

Ferdawoon

Out of ideas. The script just throws a cli_execute("use 1 disassembled clover"); What happens if you type that in the command line?
Currently out of clovers so can't test it, but will do when I get one (hopefully tomorrow).
I just clicked it as normal in the relay browser and I got my Big Rock from the Casino.

Rinn

Developer
For basically every call of maximize (besides the initial maximize mox) you do you should be adding ", -tie" to the end so it doesn't replace equipment you've already equipped with something that doesn't help the maximize. This will let you do something like "maximize -combat, -tie" and if you happen to have something useful it will equip it leaving the other slots alone, otherwise do nothing. As it stands you may be blasting over the equipment you put on from your previous maximize. It would also be nice to have an override to force specific equipment (which would go a long way towards making this softcore usable) and if you did that you really wouldn't want a random maximize to accidentally remove something.

This is probably just because of my personal standards with programming, but I really think you should be splitting your functions up a lot more. This is both for readability and functionality, as it stands if I were to want to reorganize the order in which events happen it would be a huge pain in the ass to do so and would require cutting and pasting large amounts of text around. Most of this is coming from my experience writing my own quest scripts, I tried to make them as modular as possible so I don't dictate when and how someone has to complete a certain quest. I was exceptionally excited about the write up that zarqon did in an old hc ascend script thread (http://kolmafia.us/showthread.php?4144-ascend_HC.ash-%28Work-in-Progress%29&p=29989&viewfull=1#post29989) about making the process as modular and data driven as possible. I mean no offense but while this has the potential to be one of the better set of ascension scripts it still has the downside that every other attempt has had, which is the inability for it to figure out what it should be doing based on data driven dependencies rather then it being hard coded. Just something to think about.

Last edited:

bumcheekcity

I take not the tiniest bit of offence. You make a good point - I'll split the separate quests and subquests into separate functions once it's a bit more polished.

halfvoid

Just fyi, as a disco bandit, only tomes hardcore permed, and with only minimal non-automated relay browsing, this script will have me ascended after rollover tonight. All in all taking about 8-9 days. I'll post the koldb link to my ascension when its done. AWESOME. Can't wait till you get the myst and musc stuff in.