bumcheekcend.ash - A zero setup semi-automated ascension script!

illarion

First, let me say I love this script, with a deep and abiding passion. It allows me to do something useful with my character in the frequent periods when RL doesn't allow me time to play, leaving me free to concentrate on an occasional real speed attempt, with the prep and skill-acquiring runs handled for me.

So please take my thoughts as constructive criticism, not whining! Also please note that I have interfered somewhat, running the odd bit manually when I didn't like what the script was doing, so this may well have affected the order things happened in and so on.

1 - Although I only had one useful accessory (shiny ring), the script chose to get the crown rather than the cape from the goblin king. The cape's moxie would have been far more useful.

2 - The script chose to do the 8-bit, followed immediately by the friars. It did (sensibly, given that I still had On the Trail on) choose not to do the Neck first, as I normally would - but I presume it would have gone there once the Elbow and Heart were complete, potentially missing sniffing Hellions (with attendant food problems).
Looking at the script, it seems like this is partially just bad luck (that I happened to hit L6 exactly then), but you do choose to delay the 8-bit until very late due to the transfunctioner. Assuming Madrigal and a Curdflinger, I'm not sure this is necessary.

3 - I don't actually have a better suggestion, save manually opening the Ballroom, but I wince every time I see it burning adventures in the Hidden Temple. It might be overkill, but I'd consider sewer levelling if a Sauceror/with Bander, or with appropriate skills and stickers. I do realise you're not aiming for optimal here though.

4 - It seems very keen on Mojomuscular. Don't get me wrong, it's a great skill - but when I have enough base MP to cast Ode/Olfaction, and no source of mp regen - shrugging Sonata while doing the Friars to cast Mojo is probably not ideal ;)

I had more, but they've either slipped my mind, or been corrected in recent revisions (I started on 0.5) :) Will post more if they come back to me.

Anyway, awesome script, and huge thanks for writing it!

Last edited:

HippoKing

This just happened:

Code:
[468] Goatlet
Encounter: dairy goat
Strategy:     C:\Users\Steve\Desktop\kolmafia\kolmafia\dist\ccs\bcc.ccs [dairy goat]
Round     0: hippoking wins initiative!
Round 1: hippoking executes a macro!
Round     1: hippoking attacks!
Round 2: dairy goat takes 12 damage.
Round 2:     hippoking attacks!
Round 3: dairy goat takes 18 damage.
Round 3:     hippoking attacks!
Round 4: dairy goat takes 20 damage.
Round 4:     hippoking attacks!
Round 5: dairy goat takes 15 damage.
You gain 54     Meat
After Battle: Buttes does a couple of karate moves, then swivels     his hips and gyrates his pelvis.
You acquire an item: goat cheese
You     gain 5 Strongness
You gain 8 Magicalness
You gain 8 Chutzpah

Conditions satisfied after 8 adventures.
You acquire goat cheese pizza     (3)
Visiting the Deep Fat Friars...
You can only get one blessing a     day from the Deep Fat Friars.
Resetting mind control device...
Mind     control device reset.
Checking for familiar     'jumpsuited hound dog' where x=1
Conditions list cleared.
Condition     set: goat cheese (6)
goat cheese (6)
BCC:     Getting Goat Cheese

When I run low on Butt-Rock Hair, use 5     hair spray
When I run low on Butt-Rock Hair, use 5 hair spray
When I     run low on The Moxious Madrigal, cast 1 The Moxious Madrigal
When I run     low on Butt-Rock Hair, use 5 hair spray
When I run low on Mariachi     Mood, cast 1 Moxie of the Mariachi
When I run low on The Moxious     Madrigal, cast 1 The Moxious Madrigal
Casting Moxie of the Mariachi 1     times...
You acquire an effect: Mariachi Mood (duration: 5 Adventures)
Moxie     of the Mariachi was successfully cast.
Mood swing complete.
Maximizing...
48     combinations checked, best score 111.0
Mood swing complete.
We     should set the MCD if we can.
We CAN set the MCD.
Resetting mind     control device...
Mind control device reset.

Request 1 of 85     (McLarge: Goatlet) in progress...

[469] Goatlet
Encounter: dairy     goat
Strategy:     C:\Users\Steve\Desktop\kolmafia\kolmafia\dist\ccs\bcc.ccs [dairy goat]
Round     0: hippoking loses initiative!
Round 1: hippoking executes a macro!
Round     1: hippoking attacks!
Round 2: dairy goat takes 13 damage.
Round 2:     hippoking attacks!
Round 3: dairy goat takes 13 damage.
Round 3:     hippoking attacks!
Round 4: dairy goat takes 28 damage.
Round 4:     hippoking attacks!
Round 5: dairy goat takes 11 damage.
You gain 56     Meat
After Battle: Buttes does a couple of karate moves, then swivels     his hips and gyrates his pelvis.
You acquire an item: goat cheese
You     gain 8 Fortitude
You gain 13 Smarm
KoLmafia     declares world peace.

Special circumstance - it had already got one cheese from a previous execution, and only needed 5 when it went in.

When I restarted it:
Code:
Level 8 Starting
BCC:     Visiting the trapper with a parrot to get the quest done.
Unable     to invoke f

At least that one is obvious: line 1223 is:
Code:
cli_execute("f parrot");
I guess that's an alias you have.

You should maybe throw some other handling for having a full 3 songs already just in case. It may also be worth having some more intelligent mood handling to make sure that aborts elsewhere doesn't lead to mood creep where more and more stuff builds up which never got deleted due to aborts. At one point today I was both casting and uneffecting Cantata/Sonata.

Last edited:

bumcheekcity

The script just aborted on me while trying to do the trapper quest. It seems to have forgotten that you need to use the miner's outfit for one turn at the goatlet and thus couldn't get anywhere. The abort message was probably not the most clear.

I'm pretty certain this isn't a problem with the script.

This script is amazing. I can't wait to see what you do with it in the future, but it is already fantastic.

Yes, it is. This statement will be immediately disproved by the number of bugs appearing below.

I cant help but notice that the post is turning out to be really, really long. Srry 'bout that. not sure what the custom is on this forum, to make one big post or to make many smaller.

While going for the three quest items at the f'c'le I got this (pardon the really long text, just want to be sure I dont miss anything that might be important to troubleshoot it):

It have now cast and removed Sonata between each adventure after that.
Not to mention, the buffing have cost me around 10k meat in Soda Waters today and I have spent 31adv so far..

EDIT: Also, atm the script is maintaining both Sonata of Sneakiness and Musk of the Moose, which kinda negates each other. A misstake somewhere where it was ment to use both +combat or both + non-combat buffs maybe?

The buff thing will be fixed in 0.9. It IS a problem with going from + to - combat or vice versa.

EDIT2: apparently, I already had the items I needed as well, as once I decided to check my Inventory, I had two of the items already and when I used them I got the fledges. It seems I stopped the script while it was using the three items and it only got to use one, and when i restarted it it thought one item was missing and started to adventure for it again.

The script doesn't do that, it just uses mafia to work out whether you've used the items or not. It's not even a mafia error, it's a problem that it can't know whether you've used the items or not.

EDIT3:When checking for the keys, it check them all 3 times, and is making 12 skeleton keys really needed? Sure, usefull in the daily dungeon I guess..
The world peace at the end is not my doing, the script aborted on its own.

I just did a restart of the script, and it keep aborting at the same place, after checking for a wand, the fledges after checking the keys 3 times in a row.

It dont seem to keep track of the skeleton keys it just created, and it dont check for teeth before the script abort as it did the first time.

Manually doing the Daily Dungeon, the CLI show me a World Peace after each and every adventure though. Lets see what happen if I run the script before and after a restart of KoLMafia..

I'm not able to replicate this error. Did it happen after a mafia restart? And the skeleton bone and loose teeth are useless outside of keys anyway, so it doesn't matter.

EDIT4: When starting the Giant Castle during lvl10 quest, add a checker to make sure that the choice adventure for the wheel is set to Map Position (via Moxie).
Also, just struck me that I should mention, the script no longer add and shrug off Sonata of Sneakiness =)
Is it possible to let the gear optimizer check if it can create something useful from the trapzor skins if I have Armorcraftiness?

I'll check for the wheel/moxie thing in 0.9. And no. They can be created yourself and then the script will automatically equip them if they add more moxie.

EDIT5:When it want to go to the Ballroom to levelup for me to handle the Castle (Mafia say I have 100% hit and 100% Evade though so dunno why), that zone appears to be closed, and the script abort rather than to try to open it. Restarting the script yield the same result.

I solved it by getting Serum of Sarcasm, but now I got into the Hole in the Sky while under the effect of the serum. Now that it have run out, I take 35;ish hits per round. Add a "Will I survive" checker when an effect is lost? Or will that be too spammy? =S

The script will unlock the ballroom in 0.9.

EDIT6: When leveling in the Ballroom (at least I think that is what it was doing, it kept looking for Dance cards) I ran out of adventures and got stuck in some infinite loop. I cant find out what happened earlier as the whole CLI history is filled with this:

If you're out of adventures, it can't do anything, so it's not that much to be worried about.

lolwut?

Also, after this it refused to switch familiars from the hebo despite having the effect "everything looks yellow." And the script knew that everything was yellow, because it told me so in every round of combat.

Also also, I'm pretty sure that high-skill characters, like myself, can get enough +item that the ketchup hound is a 100% drop. Maybe it should be an option to force it with +item instead of the hebo?

I have absolutely no idea why it would do that. Genuinely. And it will continue to use the HeBoulder regardless of whether you're under the Yellow effect, because it's too much effort to change it. It'll remain he-boulder though, THEN items.

bumcheekcity

1 - Although I only had one useful accessory (shiny ring), the script chose to get the crown rather than the cape from the goblin king. The cape's moxie would have been far more useful.

2 - The script chose to do the 8-bit, followed immediately by the friars. It did (sensibly, given that I still had On the Trail on) choose not to do the Neck first, as I normally would - but I presume it would have gone there once the Elbow and Heart were complete, potentially missing sniffing Hellions (with attendant food problems).
Looking at the script, it seems like this is partially just bad luck (that I happened to hit L6 exactly then), but you do choose to delay the 8-bit until very late due to the transfunctioner. Assuming Madrigal and a Curdflinger, I'm not sure this is necessary.

3 - I don't actually have a better suggestion, save manually opening the Ballroom, but I wince every time I see it burning adventures in the Hidden Temple. It might be overkill, but I'd consider sewer levelling if a Sauceror/with Bander, or with appropriate skills and stickers. I do realise you're not aiming for optimal here though.

4 - It seems very keen on Mojomuscular. Don't get me wrong, it's a great skill - but when I have enough base MP to cast Ode/Olfaction, and no source of mp regen - shrugging Sonata while doing the Friars to cast Mojo is probably not ideal ;)

I had more, but they've either slipped my mind, or been corrected in recent revisions (I started on 0.5) :) Will post more if they come back to me.

Anyway, awesome script, and huge thanks for writing it!

1) Weird. It shouldn't do that. I actually always kill the GK manually for the +7Mox boost early on.
2) Yeah, that's the order. You should be out of blooper olfaction by the time you're getting the margarita. I don't struggle with hellion bits.
3) Yeah, the temple sucks. I'll use the barrr from 90+moxie, but it'll be temple before then.
4) It'll cast mojo until level 6 and then stop in 0.9.

This just happened:

Special circumstance - it had already got one cheese from a previous execution, and only needed 5 when it went in.

When I restarted it:
Code:
Level 8 Starting
BCC:     Visiting the trapper with a parrot to get the quest done.
Unable     to invoke f

At least that one is obvious: line 1223 is:
Code:
cli_execute("f parrot");
I guess that's an alias you have.

You should maybe throw some other handling for having a full 3 songs already just in case. It may also be worth having some more intelligent mood handling to make sure that aborts elsewhere doesn't lead to mood creep where more and more stuff builds up which never got deleted due to aborts. At one point today I was both casting and uneffecting Cantata/Sonata.

I hit the problem with the goats myself in 0.8 and fixed it in 0.9. And I fixed the alias. And the mood thing.

halfvoid

Bumcheekcend.ash hates Disco Bandits aparantly.

Code:
BCC: Going to use some spleen items.
Ascending Starting
Level 1 Starting
Level 2 Starting
Conditions list cleared.
Level 3 Starting
Checking for item Rock and Roll Legend, which it turns out I have 1 of.
Checking for item Disco Banjo, which it turns out I have 1 of.
Conditions list cleared.
Level 4 Starting
Conditions list cleared.
Level 5 Starting
Checking for item filthy knitted dread sack, which it turns out I have 1 of.
Checking for item filthy corduroys, which it turns out I have 1 of.
Checking for item digital key, which it turns out I have 1 of.
Conditions list cleared.
Level 6 Starting
Checking for item eyepatch, which it turns out I have 1 of.
Checking for item swashbuckling pants, which it turns out I have 1 of.
Checking for item stuffed shoulder parrot, which it turns out I have 1 of.
Conditions list cleared.
Level 7 Starting
Robbing the hermit...
Robbing the hermit...
You acquire an item: ten-leaf clover
Hermit successfully looted!
Using 1 ten-leaf clover...
You acquire an item: disassembled clover
Finished using 1 ten-leaf clover.
Searching for "chewing gum on a string"...
Purchasing chewing gum on a string (1 @ 50)...
You acquire an item: chewing gum on a string
You spent 50 Meat
Purchases complete.
Using 1 chewing gum on a string...
You acquire an item: worthless knick-knack
Finished using 1 chewing gum on a string.
Robbing the hermit...
Searching for "hermit permit"...
Purchasing hermit permit (1 @ 100)...
You acquire an item: hermit permit
You spent 100 Meat
Purchases complete.
Robbing the hermit...
Robbing the hermit...
You acquire an item: ten-leaf clover
Hermit successfully looted!
Using 1 ten-leaf clover...
You acquire an item: disassembled clover
Finished using 1 ten-leaf clover.
Searching for "chewing gum on a string"...
Purchasing chewing gum on a string (1 @ 50)...
You acquire an item: chewing gum on a string
You spent 50 Meat
Purchases complete.
Using 1 chewing gum on a string...
You acquire an item: worthless gewgaw
Finished using 1 chewing gum on a string.
Robbing the hermit...
Searching for "hermit permit"...
Purchasing hermit permit (1 @ 100)...
You acquire an item: hermit permit
You spent 100 Meat
Purchases complete.
Robbing the hermit...
You can't get a ten-leaf clover from the hermit today.
Checking for item chef's hat, which it turns out I have 0 of.
Checking for item spring, which it turns out I have 1 of.
BCC: Going to try to get a bartender.
Checking for item box, which it turns out I have 0 of.
This script doesn't support DB yet.

edit:
Got the box manually and it worked peachy keen again.

Last edited:

HippoKing

There is something really weird with yellow ray handling around the Palindome.

My last try, salient points:
1) Trying to make a pumpkin bomb since I must be on a 100% run (I'm not) and then using the HeBo anyway.
2) Changing its mind about the monsters being right or wrong
3) Not changing off the Hebo once the ray has been shot. Really, it should never have your Hebo out when you have "Everything looks yellow".

Transcript:
Code:
Verifying ingredients for Talisman o' Nam (1)...
Creating 1 meat     paste...
You acquire an item: meat paste
You lose 10 Meat
Successfully     created meat paste (1)
Creating Talisman o' Nam (1)...
You acquire     an item: Talisman o' Nam
Successfully created Talisman o' Nam (1)
Conditions     satisfied after 8 adventures.
Searching for "magical mystery juice"...
Purchasing     magical mystery juice (1 @ 100)...
You acquire an item: magical mystery     juice
You spent 100 Meat
Purchases complete.
Using 1 magical     mystery juice...
You gain 22 Mojo Points
Finished using 1 magical     mystery juice.
Casting Cannelloni Cocoon 1 times...
You gain 42 hit     points
Cannelloni Cocoon was successfully cast.
Resetting mind     control device...
BCC:     We don't have the HeBo equipped, so we're either on a 100% run or you just     don't have one. Trying a pumpkin bomb. If you have one, we'll use it.

Harvesting     your garden
Checking for item knob goblin     firecracker, which it turns out I have 6 of.
Checking     for item pumpkin, which it turns out I have 0 of.
Checking     for item pumpkin bomb, which it turns out I have 0 of.
Checking     for familiar 'he-boulder' where x=1
Putting Buttes the Frumious     Bandersnatch back into terrarium...
Taking Buttes the He-Boulder out of     terrarium...
Conditions list cleared.
Condition set: stunt nuts
Condition     set: "I Love Me, Vol. I"
stunt nuts
"I Love Me, Vol. I"
BCC:     Getting the 'I Love Me' from the Palindome

When I run low on     Butt-Rock Hair, use 5 hair spray
When I run low on Butt-Rock Hair, use     5 hair spray
When I run low on The Moxious Madrigal, cast 1 The Moxious     Madrigal
When I run low on Butt-Rock Hair, use 5 hair spray
When I     run low on Mariachi Mood, cast 1 Moxie of the Mariachi
When I run low     on The Moxious Madrigal, cast 1 The Moxious Madrigal
Casting Moxie of     the Mariachi 1 times...
You acquire an effect: Mariachi Mood (duration:     5 Adventures)
Moxie of the Mariachi was successfully cast.
Casting     The Moxious Madrigal 1 times...
You acquire an effect: The Moxious     Madrigal (duration: 10 Adventures)
The Moxious Madrigal was     successfully cast.
Mood swing complete.
Maximizing...
92     combinations checked, best score 182.0
Putting on Talisman o' Nam...
Equipment     changed.
Putting on pirate fledges...
Equipment changed.
Mood     swing complete.
We should set the MCD if we can.
We CAN set the MCD.
Resetting     mind control device...

Request 1 of     172 (Plains: Palindome) in progress...

[837] Palindome
Encounter:     Do Geese See God?
You acquire an item: photograph of God

Request     2 of 172 (Plains: Palindome) in progress...

[838] Palindome
Encounter:     Rod Nevada, Vendor
You acquire an item: hard rock candy

Request     3 of 172 (Plains: Palindome) in progress...

[839] Palindome
Encounter:     Taco Cat
Strategy:     C:\Users\Steve\Desktop\kolmafia\kolmafia\dist\ccs\bcc.ccs [default]
Round     0: hippoking loses initiative!
(unable to macrofy due to combat filter)
BCC:     We are trying to use the HeBoulder, but this is not the right monster, so     I'm attacking.
Round 1: hippoking attacks!
Round 2: taco cat     takes 19 damage.
Round 2: Buttes glances at a patch of grass with his     red eye. The grass turns brown and withers. Whither? Over there.
BCC:     We are trying to use the HeBoulder, but this is not the right monster, so     I'm attacking.
Round 2: hippoking attacks!
Round 3: taco cat     takes 23 damage.
Round 3: Buttes glances at a passing hippy with his     blue eye. The hippy pulls his hemp jacket closer around his beaded vest.
BCC:     We are using the hebo against the right monster.
Round 3:     hippoking casts SING!
Round 4: taco cat takes 2 damage.
Round 4:     Buttes's yellow eye glares at some nearby car keys. They vanish without a     trace. I knew it!
BCC: We are trying to use the     HeBoulder, but this is not the right monster, so I'm attacking.
Round     4: hippoking attacks!
You lose 9 hit points
Round 5: Buttes cracks     an egg on the sidewalk, then glares at it with his red eye until the egg's     completely fried.
Round 5: taco cat takes 2 damage.
Round 5: hippoking attacks!
Round 6: taco cat     takes 23 damage.
Round 6: Buttes glares with his yellow eye at a milk     carton. The carton, and the milk inside of it, vanish completely.
Round     6: taco cat takes 2 damage.
You lose 12 hit points
Round 6: hippoking attacks!
Round 7: taco cat     takes 31 damage.
Round 7: Buttes glances at a child's ice cream cone     with his red eye. The child wails as the cone melts.
Round 7: hippoking attacks!
Round 8: taco cat     takes 48 damage.
Round 8: Buttes's yellow eye gazes upon a pie cooling     on a windowsill. The pie doesn't vanish, but the hobo who was trying to     steal it does.
You lose 14 hit points
BCC: We     are trying to use the HeBoulder, but this is not the right monster, so I'm     attacking.
Round 8: hippoking attacks!
Round 9: taco cat     takes 29 damage.
Round 9: Buttes's red eye glances at a bird flying     overhead. It drops out of the sky, smelling delicious as it lands.
After     Battle: Buttes gives you an invigorating hot rock massage.
You gain 12     hit points
You gain 9 Mojo Points
After Battle: Buttes winks at you     with his giant central eye.
You gain 145 Meat
You acquire an item:     catgut
You gain 10 Muscleboundness
You gain 9 Wizardliness
You     gain 18 Chutzpah

Request 4 of 172 (Plains: Palindome) in progress...

[840]     Palindome
Encounter: Bob Racecar
Strategy:     C:\Users\Steve\Desktop\kolmafia\kolmafia\dist\ccs\bcc.ccs [default]
Round 1:     hippoking casts SING!
Round 2: bob racecar takes 2 damage.
Round 2:     Buttes's yellow eye gazes upon a passing frat boy. There's a gentle *pop,*     then just the lingering scent of cheap cologne and desperation.
Round 2:     hippoking casts POINT AT YOUR OPPONENT!
Round 3: Buttes swings his     eyestalk around and unleashes a massive ray of yellow energy, completely     disintegrating your opponent.
You acquire an effect: Everything Looks     Yellow (duration: 150 Adventures)
Round 3: bob racecar takes 2 damage.
After     Battle: Buttes winks at you with his giant central eye.
You gain 197     Meat
You acquire an item: mesh cap
You acquire an item: leather chaps
You     acquire an item: stunt nuts
You acquire an item: ketchup hound
You     acquire an item: a butt tuba
You gain 6 Strongness
You gain 10     Mysteriousness
You gain 20 Sarcasm

Request 5 of 172 (Plains:     Palindome) in progress...

[841] Palindome
Encounter: Last Egg     Gets Al
You acquire an item: hard-boiled ostrich egg

Request 6     of 172 (Plains: Palindome) in progress...

[842] Palindome
Encounter:     Tan Gnat
BCC:     We would LIKE to use a Yellow Ray somewhere in this zone, but we can't     because Everything Looks Yellow.
Round 1: hippoking attacks!
Round     2: tan gnat takes 42 damage.
Round 2: A balloon floats into the path of     Buttes's blue eye. The balloon falls to the ground and shatters. Science     is awesome!
You lose 15 hit points
BCC: We     would LIKE to use a Yellow Ray somewhere in this zone, but we can't     because Everything Looks Yellow.
Round 2: hippoking attacks!
Round     3: tan gnat takes 28 damage.
Round 3: Buttes glances at a puddle with     his red eye. The puddle starts to get steamed. Not, like, mad -- I mean,     the puddle's hot enough that the water is actually boiling.
BCC:     We would LIKE to use a Yellow Ray somewhere in this zone, but we can't     because Everything Looks Yellow.
Round 3: hippoking attacks!
Round     4: tan gnat takes 58 damage.
Round 4: Buttes glances at your arm with     his blue eye. You break out in goosebumps. Or, if you're from Minnesota,     greyduckbumps.
BCC: We would LIKE to use a Yellow     Ray somewhere in this zone, but we can't because Everything Looks Yellow.
Round 5: tan gnat takes 19 damage.
Round 5:     Buttes's red eye alights on a short guy with a huge, red, handlebar     mustache. The guy screams, "my biscuits are burnin'!" and leaps into a     pond.
After Battle: Buttes winks at you with his giant central eye.
You     gain 29 Meat
You acquire an item: suntan lotion of moxiousness
You     acquire an item: gnatwing
You acquire an item: filet of tangy gnat     ("fotelif")
You gain 11 Fortitude
You gain 8 Magicalness
You     gain 17 Cheek

picklish

This is fabulous. Out of curiosity, do you use any public source control repository for your scripts (e.g. github) or is this the only place you post them?

I only ask because being able to automatically pull the latest version makes it so much easier to stay up to date, rather than having to come back to the forum thread and manually download scripts.

Keep up the great work. <3

picklish

Also, I just started a new ascension, and the script spent all 40 adventures in the outskirts of the knob, despite getting the encryption key within a few turns. Is that to be expected or was there something I needed to do before running the script?

bumcheekcity

This is the only place you'll find them. And that certainly isn't to be expected. You're the first person to have reported that particular bug :S

I would definitely recommend watching the script while it executes, by the way.

jambosque

Code:

[1032] The Primordial Soup
Encounter: Beginner's Luck
You need 2 more memory of some delicious amino acids to continue.
BCC: Getting the second and third MoDAAs
Checking for item ten-leaf clover, which it turns out I have 1 of.

[1032] The Primordial Soup
Encounter: Beginner's Luck
You need 2 more memory of some delicious amino acids to continue.
BCC: Getting the second and third MoDAAs
Checking for item ten-leaf clover, which it turns out I have 1 of.

I'm not up to coding at the moment (too many things going on today to unravel it myself -- though I did take a look at that section of code...I also didn't search too thoroughly to see whether this problem has been encountered before)... On the upside, it is a different problem than before! :)

Theraze

Should just be some form of:
Code:
      if (item_amount($item[empty agua de vida bottle]) > 0 || contains_text(visit_url("questlog.php?which=2"),"Primordial Fear")) return false;
      if (item_amount($item[memory of some delicious amino acids]) == 0) {
         set_property("choiceAdventure349","3");           // swim down
         obtain(1,"memory of some delicious amino acids",$location[primordial soup]);
      }
      if (use(1,$item[memory of some delicious amino acids])) {}
      set_property("choiceAdventure349","1");              // swim up
      if (get_property("cloverProtectActive" == "false") && retrieve_item(1,$item[ten-leaf clover])) {}
      obtain(3,"memory of some delicious amino acids",$location[primordial soup]);  // get acids/unlock the zone
      if (use(3,$item[memory of some delicious amino acids])) {}
      if (!obtain(1,"choiceadv",$location[primordial soup])) return false;  // fight Cy
      return (get_property("flyeredML").to_int() > 9999);

That's a tweakish version of the Cyrus test from Wossname...

Winterbay

For the record: I hate the GMOB at the moment :)
Or rather my bad luck. I got 1 gmob calling today in ~190 adventures but 25 don't hold a grudge and 19 having a medicine ball. Annoying is the word for that, however I don't think we can blame the script for that.

That said: If the player has managed to for some reason collected an antique hand mirror could the fight with the gmob take this into account?
I've changed my script with the following, but I'm not very familiar with combat filters so...

Code:
if (bcasc_doWarAs == "frat") 
{
	if(item_amount(to_item("antique hand mirror")) == 0)
		return "item rock band flyers";
	else
		return "item rock band flyers;item antique hand mirror";
} else
{
	if(item_amount(to_item("antique hand mirror")) == 0)
		return "item jam band flyers";
	else
		return "item jam band flyers;item antique hand mirror";
}

HippoKing

Maybe at runtime you should have it read the mafia "buy from NPC stores" preference and whine if it's off. It would stop a lot of the error reports you're getting.

edit: Gremlin stasis seems to only work for one round -
Code:
[1030] Out By that Rusted-Out Car
Encounter: vegetable gremlin
BCC:     Right location.
BCC: We have found the     correct monster, so will stasis until the item drop occurrs.
Round     1: hippoking casts SING!
Round 2: vegetable gremlin takes 3 damage.
Round     2: Buttes joins in the singing, at such skull-smunching volume that your     opponent looks thoroughly discomratulated when he's done.
Round 2:     vegetable gremlin drops 5 attack power.
Round 2: vegetable gremlin     drops 3 defense.
You lose 12 hit points
BCC: We have found the     correct monster, so will stasis until the item drop occurrs.
Round     2: hippoking attacks!
Round 3: vegetable gremlin takes 54 damage.
Round     3: vegetable gremlin takes 3 damage.
You lose 12 hit points
Round     3: hippoking attacks!
Round 4: vegetable gremlin takes 37 damage.
Round     4: vegetable gremlin takes 2 damage.
You lose 13 hit points
Round 5: vegetable gremlin takes 40 damage.
You     lose 11 hit points
BCC: Right location.
BCC:     We have found the correct monster, so will stasis until the item drop     occurrs.
Round 5: hippoking attacks!
Round 6: vegetable     gremlin takes 52 damage.
You gain 55 Meat
After Battle: Buttes     greams happily, baring a mouthful of scarpy teeth.
You gain 14 Fortitude
You     gain 9 Enchantedness
You gain a Mysticality point!
You gain 25     Chutzpah

The gremlins would probably benefit from a bespoke maximize command and mood too - casting Absorption and/or Pointiness if you have them, and the maximize focussing more on DA/DR/HP than Moxie. Forcing MCD=0 might be nice too.

Last edited:

Ferdawoon

I just completed all Island sidequests up to, and including, the Orchard, but the script did not complete the Arena. I only killed the GmoB and went on to the next sidequest.
In the Battlefield I killl 8 hippies per adventure and the Island had no big red F on it. Once I clicked the Arena and handed it in, it got marked as completed with the F and I now kill 16 hippies per adventure.

I also got this problem when I wanted the script to do the Nuns:
BCC: Starting SideQuest 'orchard'
Maximizing...
648 combinations checked, best score 205.0
BCC: Starting SideQuest 'nuns'
BCC: doSideQuest(Nuns)
BCC: Your familiar is set to a 100% stocking mimic
You don't have a stocking mimic for a familiar.
and at this point the script abort instead of using another familiar boosting Meat. After checking the script now I see that I got that setting when I edited the case-setting for the IsleWar
Code:
switch (my_name()) {
	case "ferdawoon":
		bcasc_100familiar = "";
		bcasc_doWarAs = "frat";
		bcasc_doSideQuestArena = true;
		bcasc_doSideQuestJunkyard = true;
		bcasc_doSideQuestBeach = true;
		bcasc_doSideQuestOrchard = true;
		bcasc_doSideQuestNuns = false;
		bcasc_doSideQuestDooks = false;
	break;

EDIT1:
[1474] Battlefield (Frat Uniform)
Encounter: War Hippy Airborne Commander
Strategy: attack with weapon
Round 0: ferdawoon loses initiative!
Round 1: ferdawoon executes a macro!
Round 1: ferdawoon attacks!
Round 2: ferdawoon attacks!
Round 3: ferdawoon attacks!
Round 4: ferdawoon attacks!
You gain 23 Muscleboundness
You gain a Muscle point!
You gain 9 Magicalness
You gain 24 Roguishness
8 hippies defeated; 1000 down, 0 left.

Turning in 12 pink clay bead...
Turning in 4 green clay bead...
Turning in 5 bullet-proof corduroys...
Turning in 5 round purple sunglasses...
Turning in 6 reinforced beaded headband...
Turning in 5 hippy protest button...
Turning in 4 Lockenstock™ sandals...
Turning in 5 didgeridooka...
Turning in 2 wicker shield...
Turning in 9 lead pipe...
Turning in 2 fire poi...
Turning in 6 communications windchimes...
Turning in 2 Gaia beads...
Turning in 3 hippy medical kit...
Probably best that you kill the boss yourself. I've taken the liberty of turning in all the war gear for you.
I noticed that it did not say that it got me any items so I went to the Coin Masters window in Mafia and all the items were greyed out as they are when I do not have enough quarters and the list of items for me to sell was empty. I checked the KoLMafia list of my inventory for quarters and found nothing, so I manually went to the Frat House to check and I still had all the hippy items. Apparently the script only make KoLMafia think that it have sold the items when in reality it have not sold anything.

EDIT2:
Conditions satisfied after 6 adventures.
Level 13 Starting
Updating bUMRATS_lairitems.txt from '' to '2010-10-21 06:28:46'...
bUMRATS_lairitems.txt => 2010-10-21 06:28:46
...bUMRATS_lairitems.txt updated.
BCC: We see Gate of Hilarity
Checking for item gremlin juice, which it turns out I have 0 of.
BCC: We do not have the item for that gate.
BCC: We see Gate of Intrigue
Checking for item handsomeness potion, which it turns out I have 0 of.
BCC: We see Gate that is Not a Gate
Checking for item dod, which it turns out I have 0 of.
Using 2 large box...
You acquire swirly potion (2)
You acquire an item: bubbly potion of inebriety
You acquire smoky potion (2)
You acquire an item: cloudy potion
You acquire effervescent potion of sleepiness (2)
You acquire an item: fizzy potion
Finished using 2 large box.
[healing] does not match anything in the status effect database.
bubbly potion: Antihangover (have 1)
cloudy potion: none (have 1)
dark potion: Object Detection (have 1)
effervescent potion: Sleepy (have 2)
fizzy potion: none (have 1)
milky potion: Strange Mental Acuity (have 0)
murky potion: none (have 0)
smoky potion: none (have 2)
swirly potion: none (have 2)
We do not have all the items for the gates. This script cannot yet get them.
First, what is this dod item? I assume Dungeon of Doom but as the other items are named properly, do the same with the DoD potion?
Also, how come it can not get the items? The script got me the wand so I have Dungeon of Doom opened, I have the Junkyard adventurable and I don't see why I should be prevented from adventuring at the South of the Border. Manually adventuring in each 3 zones work fine.

Last edited:

picklish

The bat hole logic can get stuck in an infinite loop. If I don't have enough myst to equip the air freshener, then it won't let me adventure in guano junction, and it just loops infinitely trying to use a clover.

[91] Guano Junction
Encounter:
Checking for item sonar-in-a-biscuit, which it turns out I have 0 of.
Checking for item ten leaf clover, which it turns out I have 1 of.

[91] Guano Junction
Encounter:
Checking for item sonar-in-a-biscuit, which it turns out I have 0 of.
Checking for item ten leaf clover, which it turns out I have 1 of.

Winterbay

Having a Medicine Ball is the adventure where you should be saying Guy Made of Bees, so RNG is not the issue.

Hmm... There are three settings in the Mafia tab for choice adventures when it comes to the bathroom. One for the grudge-one, one containing a lot of different options for the medicine ball and one for the GMOB. The GMOB was set, by the script, to "say guy made of bees" and the medicine ball was set to "skip adventure". Did these two in conjunction somehow make me miss out on this?
And if so, how did it manage to say the name once?