bumcheekcend.ash - A zero setup semi-automated ascension script!

stannius

Yeah, can't recall if BCC said this script ignores using that, or what... I honestly don't know a lot of its internals. Honestly, I mostly likely just overlooked that one. If Cantata is / may ever be used, yeah, I'd give it a +0.3 or +0.4 value.

In 0.17 I see the script uses The Power Ballad of the Arrowsmith, The Moxious Madrigal, The Magical Mojomuscular Melody, Carlweather's Cantata of Confrontation, The Sonata of Sneakiness, and Fat Leon's Phat Loot Lyric, and Polka of Plenty for AT skills. Presumably if the user has Ode they will be using that as well.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Edit: yes I did, but I can't figure out how to link to a post. :(

Suboptimal way, tested in Firefox. Right click on the post number in the right of the blue bar. Open link in new tab. Switch to new tab. Copy the link out of the address bar. Paste it as a link in the referring post like this.

NardoLoopa

Well, using the hipster for the Temple _almost_ worked:
Code:
[697] Desert (Unhydrated)
Encounter: Let's Make a Deal!

Let's     Make a Deal!

Conditions satisfied after 4 adventures.
Putting     Muadib the Baby Sandworm back into terrarium...
Taking KnivesChau the     Mini-Hipster out of terrarium...
Resetting mind control device...
Mind     control device reset.
Conditions list cleared.
Condition added:     Choices Left: 1
Choices Left: 1
BCC: Getting     another ChoiceAdv to open the Temple

When I run low on     Butt-Rock Hair, use 5 hair spray
When I run low on Butt-Rock Hair, use     5 hair spray
When I run low on The Moxious Madrigal, cast 1 The Moxious     Madrigal
When I run low on Butt-Rock Hair, use 5 hair spray
When I     run low on Mariachi Mood, cast 1 Moxie of the Mariachi
When I run low     on The Moxious Madrigal, cast 1 The Moxious Madrigal
Searching for     "hair spray"...
Purchasing hair spray (5 @ 24)...
You     acquire hair spray (5)
You spent 120 Meat
Purchases complete.
Using     5 hair spray...
You acquire an effect: Butt-Rock Hair (duration: 15     Adventures)
Finished using 5 hair spray.
Mood swing complete.
Maximizing...
138     combinations checked, best score 88.0
BCC: Switching     Familiar for General Use
Spleen: 12 Agua: 0     Stick: 0 Token: 0
Total Spleen: 12
Putting     KnivesChau the Mini-Hipster back into terrarium...
Taking Sark the     Rogue Program out of terrarium...
Mood swing complete.
BCC:     We should set the MCD if we can.
BCC: We     CAN set the MCD.
Resetting mind control device...
Mind     control device reset.

Request 1 of 53 (Woods: Hidden Temple) in     progress...

btw: using the hipster for the Daily Dungeon (or spleen for that) and maybe for the Oasis unlock could be a good idea.

NardoLoopa

Oh, right, forgot it doesn't use the adv php.

A few other suggestions:
1) if you're going to yellow-ray Bob Racecar, then do that quest immediately after you get the Diary, since you might need the next yellow-ray for the Orcs. This will burn the max number of turns between the two -- though I don't think there are 150 turns between them. So unless you're straddling a day, we might not want to eyeball Bob. Maybe Olfactioning him instead.
2) we're using a Item familiar for the gremlins. That's fine if we need gremlin juice, but otherwise another familiar would be better
3) Leash doesn't seem to be cast as much in V0.17. Any changes?
4) Spleen or Organ Grinder familiar are probably better for the 8-bit with running Phat and maybe a VIP buff. The drop rate of pixels is pretty high.
5) if we need a blow-gun or pygmy pigment we should use +Phat and +item familiar in the ancient city.
6) In the Arid-desert we should use a non-Item familiar if we're not looking for a tower item there
7) Black Market - again, a non-item drop familiar might be good here, since the eyes and wings are pretty high. This is important if you're low on spleen items, since a lot of the next 100 adv need item drops. BUG: I got the parts manually but the script didn't recognize I had them in order to open the market.

BTW: does anyone have a general food and booze strategy? I'm doing a Moxie-sign so don't have access to mushrooms. But in general I have trouble with day-1. After Muscle and Myst I'd love to see BCC tackle consumption so the script really runs hands-free.

HippoKing

The gremlins is almost totally useless at the moment - it's pulling out a spanglerack for 80% block rate and never getting anywhere. No idea why it wants an item familiar anyway - it's already gone to go get my Pygment for the tower.

bumcheekcity

Oh, right, forgot it doesn't use the adv php.

A few other suggestions:
1) if you're going to yellow-ray Bob Racecar, then do that quest immediately after you get the Diary, since you might need the next yellow-ray for the Orcs. This will burn the max number of turns between the two -- though I don't think there are 150 turns between them. So unless you're straddling a day, we might not want to eyeball Bob. Maybe Olfactioning him instead.
2) we're using a Item familiar for the gremlins. That's fine if we need gremlin juice, but otherwise another familiar would be better
3) Leash doesn't seem to be cast as much in V0.17. Any changes?
4) Spleen or Organ Grinder familiar are probably better for the 8-bit with running Phat and maybe a VIP buff. The drop rate of pixels is pretty high.
5) if we need a blow-gun or pygmy pigment we should use +Phat and +item familiar in the ancient city.
6) In the Arid-desert we should use a non-Item familiar if we're not looking for a tower item there
7) Black Market - again, a non-item drop familiar might be good here, since the eyes and wings are pretty high. This is important if you're low on spleen items, since a lot of the next 100 adv need item drops. BUG: I got the parts manually but the script didn't recognize I had them in order to open the market.

BTW: does anyone have a general food and booze strategy? I'm doing a Moxie-sign so don't have access to mushrooms. But in general I have trouble with day-1. After Muscle and Myst I'd love to see BCC tackle consumption so the script really runs hands-free.

To tackle these in order:

1) We do the palindome ASAP once the pre-stuff is done. It's not absolutely instant, but I've never had a problem with not being able to YR the frat warrior at level 12.
2) We're using an item familiar because the bandersnatch casues problems with suckerpunch and that's the easiest fix.
3) No deliberate ones. It'll use leash if you're above level 9 or have the KGE outfit or have >5000 meat or have >100mp. There were no changes to that code.
4) True, but only for relatively high skill. I'd like the script to remain very accessible to the low-skill and don't mind sacrificing a little optimality for that. Drop rates are as low as 50% and those need boosting, particularly for olfactionless.
5) We should. I shall put that in a to-do list for 0.18
6) Ditto.
7) Again disagree on the same grounds as before. A 50% item drop needs boosting. Bug fixed in 0.18.

Hippo, I forgot about the spanglerack. The easiest solution to blocking is not using a familiar. Implemented in 0.18.

stannius

v16 doesn't even run if you are a myst classs sine myst classes aren't supported yet (which I knew).

Code:
ZOMG NO MYST

Since at the moment I am only have myst classes and want to use this script to help debug it I have been using 14.1.

Go into the script and search for ZOMG. Change the line (it's attempting to use the maximize command) to something you think is reasonable. I am using
case $stat[Mysticality] : cli_execute("maximize moxie, spell dmg, "+maxme+" -ml -tie"); break;

Of course since mys classes aren't supported, you'll probably just run into other problems later... but at least you won't be reporting bugs that were fixed weeks ago :D

For instance, any block of code that starts with "switch (my_primestat())" is almost certainly not going to function if you are a myst class. That includes but is not limited to defaultMood and levelMe.

Last edited:

Jar of Jam

Are there plans for implementing feature like checking for the needed items in the storage ? Something like using the "pullable/buyable" option when maximizing stats. The whole thing should be optional, of course, so that it doesn't screw up pull limit too much.

Other than occasional loop the script throws itself in and other minor troubles, this script is great. Best wishes in developing it even further!

stannius

All the "consultFoo" scripts return "attack" when they are done doing whatever it is they are doing. Is there an ash command for consult methods that drops control to whatever battleAction the user has set? (e.g. ccs)

EDIT: answered my own question, it's
Code:
      return get_ccs_action(round - 1);

(-1 might be some other number depending on how many actions the consult method inserts)

Last edited:

Theraze

Are there plans for implementing feature like checking for the needed items in the storage ? Something like using the "pullable/buyable" option when maximizing stats. The whole thing should be optional, of course, so that it doesn't screw up pull limit too much.

Other than occasional loop the script throws itself in and other minor troubles, this script is great. Best wishes in developing it even further!

Regarding this, I don't think it should be in the script... items in inventory should be detected by the script, but automated pulling should probably be done by the HC checklist or something similar, not tied into the actual adventuring script.

stannius

Regarding this, I don't think it should be in the script... items in inventory should be detected by the script, but automated pulling should probably be done by the HC checklist or something similar, not tied into the actual adventuring script.

It's amusing that softcore pulls should be done by something called hardcore checklist. :D

I don't have mojo permed, and the script is having trouble adventuring occasionally. This is because unlike the other skills, for some reason it doesn't check to see if you have mojo before adding it to the moods. This is fixed by adding "&& have_skill($skill[Magical Mojomuscular Melody])" to the appropriate places in defaultMood.

Ferdawoon

halfvoid

If your CCS lines are enclosed in quotes, as shown, they're interpreted as already being in macro syntax.

hm. entered it in exactly and it didn't work after i ran out of divine blowouts. added the same format for both the can of silly string and the noisemaker below that in my ccs as well. (all extra stats can't hurt) but it just stops with an error after theres no blowout to throw.

Code:
"if hascombatitem Divine Blowout"
"use Divine Blowout"
"endif"