bumcheekcend.ash - A zero setup semi-automated ascension script!

CRennings

Just thought I'd mention, in .16, and probably on back, if you manually adventure to get the screwdriver in advance, and untinker the bridge before the chasm is available the script always assumes you don't have it, and stops when it can't accept the quest.
Relevant output below:
Level 9 Starting
BCC: We have not completed the stage [chasm].
BCC: Using the dictionary.
Accepting quest to find the Untinker's screwdriver
Server www4.kingdomofloathing.com returned a blank page from knoll.php. Complain to Jick, not us.
At this point I have both the bridge and dictionary in my inventory. Manually opening the chasm fixes the problem, though.

Also, thanks very much for all the hard work on the script. It's really pretty awesome. I just finished a cloverless HC AT run at 21/2171, which is only vaguely impressive in that the only skill I had HC permed was torso. I've moved on to a kitty core run using the script. I'll let you know how it goes.

Last edited:

Winterbay

1) Most of the script-stops Day1&2 seem to be me running out of meat, almost always because its trying to buy hairspray. Is it possible to "not fail" if I can't foot the bill for the mood swing?

I think this is a Mafia feature, but I'm not sure.

2) I seem to swap in a Volleyball and a Dandy Lion quite a bit. I have a lot of familiars, but one notable FOTM I'm missing is the Bandersnatch. Is that a possible cause?

You can edit the familiar files yourself to make sure they are in the order you want them. If you want to use the Bander instead of the Volleyball you will need to edit the script yourself atm. However the script is not using any free runaways so...

3) Waaayy oddball question, but I do wonder if there's any "mode" that could be inserted to allow minor amounts of user input along the way. For example, if this flag is set "TRUE," the script would pause before the nuns quest and say "you should maximize +meat," or something, allowing me to summon/use stuff like snowcones, candy hearts, rabbit hole, VIP, and other buffs that I think are going unused (right?).

The script uses snowcones if available already, it also summons your demon and uses other +meat items. I don't think it uses VIP-buffs and suchlike but it probably use candy hearts (have not tested that). Also, the script is supposed to be zero setup :)

4) The blueprints part of the Cap'n quest - seems like the user has to "use" the blueprints, which is no biggie, but is it possible to confirm that I have items to fulfill one of the three requirements (if not, get it)?

I seem to recall that it used the blueprints just fine. It just waits to do so until you have all your insults. so that you can continue directly after using the blueprints.

halfvoid

Could divine items be implemented? I usually end up with quite a few of the combat usables, i.e. blowouts, which would boost moxie most nicely.

Theraze

The script uses snowcones if available already, it also summons your demon and uses other +meat items. I don't think it uses VIP-buffs and suchlike but it probably use candy hearts (have not tested that). Also, the script is supposed to be zero setup :)

Code:
    //Set up buffs and use items as necessary.
    if (have_effect($effect[sinuses for miles]) == 0) bumUse(1, $item[mick's icyvapohotness inhaler]);
    if (have_effect($effect[red tongue]) == 0) bumUse(1, $item[red snowcone]);
    if (get_property("sidequestArenaCompleted") == "fratboy" && cli_execute("concert 2")) {}
    if (get_property("demonName2") != "" && cli_execute("summon 2")) {}
    bumUse(ceil((estimated_advs()-have_effect($effect[wasabi sinuses]))/10), $item[Knob Goblin nasal spray]);
    bumUse(ceil((estimated_advs()-have_effect($effect[your cupcake senses are tingling]))/20), $item[pink-frosted astral cupcake]);
    bumUse(ceil((estimated_advs()-have_effect($effect[heart of pink]))/10), $item[pink candy heart]);
    cli_execute("trigger lose_effect, Polka of Plenty, cast 1 Polka of Plenty");

So... icyvapohotness, snowcone, winklered, meat demon, nasal spray, cupcake, candy heart, and polka of plenty.

Winterbay

Could divine items be implemented? I usually end up with quite a few of the combat usables, i.e. blowouts, which would boost moxie most nicely.

Add a
Code:
"if hascombatitem Divine Blowout"
"use Divine Blowout"
"endif"
to your CCS in certain areas in order for it to use them when available?

Ferdawoon

Code:
BCC: We have not completed the stage [8bit].
Unable to interpret: , -melee
Unexpected error, debug log printed.
Got that error as well. The command left in the maximizer is: , -melee
I got it yesterday as well but then it just kept on going anyway. Today, even with the Digital key completed on my own, it stop there and refuse to go on. Thing is, as it stands I believe it should only use that maximizer line if I am a muscle class, which I am not. I'm an Accordion Thief (yet again *sigh*)
I temporarily solved it by just commenting out the If part that gave me the error.
Code:
//Crude check for a one-handed weapon. 
	//if (!maximize("1 hand, " + my_primestat() == $stat[Muscle] ? ", +melee" : ", -melee", true)) {
	//(my_primestat() == $stat[Muscle] ? cli_execute("buy cool whip") : cli_execute("buy slingshot"));
	//}
The wierd part is that yesterday Mafia warned me that I would not be able to hit anything in the 8-bit and I noticed that it had put me without a weapon. It would seem that the Slingshot from the armory is marked as a 2-hand weapon now.. Luckily I was 3 Moxie away from being able to use the lead yo-yo from the armory so I did Hidden temple until I could use that one. Maybe worth mentioning, I have no Slingshot in my Inventory so the "get a Weapon"-part seem to not fire,

Last edited:

Winterbay

If the key is complete you can always set that setting to true and it should jump by it without a problem. Use the same trick as with resetting the setting only remove the "-1".

Ferdawoon

If the key is complete you can always set that setting to true and it should jump by it without a problem. Use the same trick as with resetting the setting only remove the "-1".
Tbh I'm proud over myself for coming up with the "just comment it out" part on my own! Don't expect me to remember about that long "set it as complete on your own" command on my own just yet =D

Ferdawoon

Another thing, the script change to the Organ Grinder for the Boss Bat (or at least I get a pie sometime early in my ascensions and by that time only the Bossbat is down) right? Is there a reason it do not change to the Grinder for the other bosses? It used the Bandersnatch for the Goblin king just now.

NardoLoopa

To fix the ", -melee" problem change the offending line to:
Code:
if (!maximize("1 hand " + my_primestat() == $stat[Muscle] ? ", +melee" : ", -melee", true)) {
The problem was the double comma, I believe.

HippoKing

This is nothing to do with the bugs and all to do with just picking what I consider to be better equipment.

For me, buMax looks like this at the moment:

Code:
boolean buMax(string maxme) {
    //Basically, we ALWAYS want -tie and -ml, for ALL classes. Otherwise we let an override happen. 
    if (maxme.contains_text("items")) {
        maxme+= " -equip spangly sombrero";
    }
    else {
        maxme+= " -equip sugar shield";
    }

switch (my_primestat()) {
        case $stat[Muscle] :         cli_execute("maximize mainstat "+maxme+" +melee +shield -ml +mp regen min +mp regen max +0.1tie"); break;
        case $stat[Mysticality] :     abort("ZOMG NO MYST"); break;
        case $stat[Moxie] :         cli_execute("maximize mainstat "+maxme+" -melee -ml +mp regen min +mp regen max +0.1tie"); break;
    }
    return true;
}

It's not totally tested, and certainly has some flaws (I want a bit more focus on +damage for muscle) but I think it gets slightly nicer results than the old ones. The only obvious problem comes if the script is forced to level due to slightly lower mainstat from these statements (which I'm yet to see). I don't think the 0.1 weighting on +tie has any effect. I'd also like to throw a bit more weight on +mainstat exp but I don't really know how to do that. Even without the changes to the statements, I think the sugar shield and spangly sombrero lines might help.

Last edited:

Xenthes

Using 14.1 as a sauce I ran into a loop. Making a quick browse I didn't see this posted at all. I could be wrong.

Code:
BCC: Adventuring once at a time to meet the Cap'm for the first time.
Ran out of adventures.
Ran out of adventures.
Ran out of adventures.
Ran out of adventures.
Ran out of adventures.
Ran out of adventures.
Ran out of adventures.
Ran out of adventures.
Ran out of adventures.
Ran out of adventures.
Ran out of adventures.
Ran out of adventures.
Ran out of adventures.
Ran out of adventures.
Ran out of adventures.
Ran out of adventures.

Sorry for reposting if this has already been taken care of.

StDoodle

Minion
Xenthes, you may also want to note that sauceror isn't supported yet, so you're bound to run into other problems as well. ;)

Rahmuss

Try running update clear to make sure you're not having issues with bad overrides?

Not sure how to do that Theraze. I got home last night and it worked fine, all was well, problem was solved (and I didn't even do anythin). So I tried it again this morning on another char and it didn't work. Same error with the sponge cake.

NOTE: I think I've only seen that error here on the computers we have in our break room at work. I carry all my KoL Mafia stuff on a flash drive, so I'm always using the same thing; but could there be something on these work computers which is different that might cause that?

NardoLoopa

Small Efficiency:
1) if you suffer from teleportitus and haven't completed the Mine (exhausted unaccompanied) or haven't done the Daily Dungeon yet, do those to burn it off after getting the Oracle.

2) If the beholder timer is less than the number of adventures you have left (or if you have timer/4 fullness or drunkenness left) skip the getting your Mining gear until the timer expires.

lightwolf

Leveling up at level 12 in the temple as a muscle class... wait whut?

Code:
Level 12 Starting
BCC:     Starting SideQuest 'arena'
BCC: Starting     SideQuest 'junkyard'
BCC:     doSideQuest(Junkyard)
BCC: Visiting     Yossarian...
BCC: Visiting Yossarian...
Resetting     mind control device...
Mind control device reset.
Conditions list     cleared.
Condition set: molybdenum crescent wrench
molybdenum     crescent wrench
BCC: Getting molybdenum crescent     wrench...

When I run low on Go Get 'Em, Tiger!, use 5     Ben-Gal™ Balm
When I run low on Go Get 'Em, Tiger!, use 5     Ben-Gal™ Balm
When I run low on Power Ballad of the Arrowsmith,     cast 1 The Power Ballad of the Arrowsmith
Mood swing complete.
Maximizing...
104     combinations checked, best score 1139.0
Putting on antique helmet...
Equipment     changed.
Putting on antique greaves...
Equipment changed.
Putting     on headhunter necktie...
Equipment changed.
Checking     for familiar 'jumpsuited hound dog' where x=1
Need     to Level up a bit to get 176 Mainstat
When I run low on Go Get     'Em, Tiger!, use 5 Ben-Gal™ Balm
When I run low on Go Get 'Em,     Tiger!, use 5 Ben-Gal™ Balm
When I run low on Power Ballad of the     Arrowsmith, cast 1 The Power Ballad of the Arrowsmith
Mood swing     complete.
Need to Level up a bit to get at least     176 buffed Primestat This means getting 67 Primestat.
Conditions     list cleared.
Condition added: Substats: 21,495 / 0 / 0
Substats:     21,495 / 0 / 0
I need 195 base moxie (going to     Temple)

Using 1 anti-anti-antidote...
Finished using 1     anti-anti-antidote.

Request 1 of 45 (Woods: Hidden Temple) in     progress...

It did in fact spend all 45 adventures there, as well as waste meat on all the HP loss. It has been leveling up fine in the gallery at every other point.

Also, fun fact: For the Junkyard Quest it decided to equip

antique helmet
cardboard wakizashi
antique shield
antique greaves

Which leads to the questions:
a) What is going to happen when the equipment breaks during combat in the junkyard?
b) If it had equiped my +10/+15 muscle weapon it would not have had to level anyway; and would have been more useful as a weapon despite the 2 DR from the cardboard wakizashi

On a separate note, When the script was "Stoping" before the Hidden city boss fight, it instead got into an infinite loop saying that all squares had allready been explored.

Jar of Jam

Caught some weird glitch ( or, perhaps, it's a feature ? ) - while playing as a DB, the script is trying to craft an AT Epic weapon:

Code:
> call scripts\bumcheekascend v0.16.ash

Ascending Starting
BCC: We have not completed the stage [toot].
Autoselling items to NPCs...
You gain 20 Meat
Items sold.
Doing a check for Telescope Items
Level 1 Starting
BCC: We have not completed the stage [toot].
trapperOre =>
BCC: We have completed the stage [toot] and need to set it as so.
bcasc_stage_toot => 1
BCC: We have completed the stage [toot].
BCC: We have not completed the stage [knob].
BCC: We have completed the stage [knob] and need to set it as so.
bcasc_stage_knob => 1
BCC: We have completed the stage [knob].
BCC: We have not completed the stage [pantry].
BCC: We have completed the stage [pantry] and need to set it as so.
bcasc_stage_pantry => 1
BCC: We have completed the stage [pantry].
Level 2 Starting
BCC: We have not completed the stage [guild1].
BCC: We have not completed the stage [spookyforest].
BCC: We have completed the stage [spookyforest] and need to set it as so.
bcasc_stage_spookyforest => 1
BCC: We have completed the stage [spookyforest].
Level 3 Starting
BCC: We have not completed the stage [guild2].
BCC: Getting the AT Epic Weapon
You need 1 more chewing gum on a string to continue.

> set bc_asc_stage_guild2 = 1

bc_asc_stage_guild2 => 1

> call scripts\bumcheekascend v0.16.ash

Ascending Starting
BCC: We have completed the stage [toot].
BCC: Getting an Accordion before we start.
You need 1 more chewing gum on a string to continue.

You can also see my puny attempt to skip the stage script is stuck on - by the way, it could be a great idea for implementing into relay script for bumcheekcend.