bumcheekcend.ash - A zero setup semi-automated ascension script!

Crowther

Oh, right. I forgot about knives not being ranged weapons. Yes, when your class is moxie BCA uses "-melee" to force a ranged weapon. You could make a copy of the script and delete "-melee" from it and see how that goes. It's only in there three times.

unwanted

Oh, right. I forgot about knives not being ranged weapons. Yes, when your class is moxie BCA uses "-melee" to force a ranged weapon. You could make a copy of the script and delete "-melee" from it and see how that goes. It's only in there three times.

That seems to have worked great, thanks very much.

Razorsoup

Bug report: As a moxie class (Specifically Sneaky Pete) BCC is trying to level me in the Ballroom even if the ballroom is not open yet. Is there something I need to do to fix this? Other that the obvious answer of unlocking the ballroom?

Don't know if this BCA or Mafia

BCC:Lets get encryption key
Conditions list cleared.
BCC: Setting goals of '1 knob goblin encryption key'...
[knob goblin encrytion key] requested, but non available
BCC: Maximizing "

Over and over and over

Crowther

Don't know if this BCA or Mafia

BCC:Lets get encryption key
Conditions list cleared.
BCC: Setting goals of '1 knob goblin encryption key'...
[knob goblin encrytion key] requested, but non available
BCC: Maximizing "

Over and over and over
That's mafia. Get a slightly older version for now. The problem is being worked on over in bug reports, etc.

FYI it's still not checking for saucepans and acquiring them. ;)

Code:
BCC: levelMe(20, true) called.
Level 5 Starting
BCC: We have completed the stage [knobking].
BCC: We have completed the stage [dinghy].
BCC: We have not completed the stage [manorbilliards].
BCC: Getting the Billiards Key
BCC: Maximizing '+1000 stench res'
Maximizing (1st time may take a while)...
80 combinations checked, best score 3,496.75
Putting on glow-in-the-dark necklace...
Equipment changed.
You need 1 more saucepan to continue.

Normally I use chewing gum until I have a totem and a saucepan, but I didn't this run.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
r14375

BBBC fails with
BCC: We have not completed the stage [dinghy].
Searching for "dingy planks"...
Search complete.
Purchasing dingy planks (1 @ 399)...
Purchases complete.
Using 1 dinghy plans...
You need some dingy planks.

Character is Hardcore, has 1,000+ meat available. According to the purchases tab the first two entries are:

dingy planks (9,599 @ 399): This Is Store
dingy planks (unlimited @ 400): The General Store

So the failure is expected if BCCA looked at prices and tried the Mall.

In view of the recent changes I think that BCCA is using a method of obtaining the planks that does not count as automation.

Winterbay

I expect it used "buy" rather than "acquire".
The good news is that the Meat came from Hagnks.

Indeed:
Code:
        if (item_amount($item[dinghy plans]) < 1) buy($coinmaster[The Shore\, Inc. Gift Shop], 1, ($item[dinghy plans]));
        if (item_amount($item[dingy planks]) < 1) buy(1, $item[dingy planks]);
        use(1, $item[dinghy plans]);
        if (item_amount($item[dingy dinghy]) == 0) {
            abort("There was a problem creating the dinghy. Please do this manually.");
        }

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
The bug reports on this change in behavior keep coming in. Let's brainstorm about the "correct" behavior of "buy" while in Ronin or Hardcore - over on the most recent Bug Report thread.

Bleeko

Is there a trick for getting to the settings manager now? I noticed that the link seems to have disappeared from the top frame, presumably due to the revamp ...

Bale

Minion
Is there a trick for getting to the settings manager now? I noticed that the link seems to have disappeared from the top frame, presumably due to the revamp ...

Relay scripts are still available if you switch back to link style top menu. Yes, it is due to the change in the iconic menu.

Discuss HERE.

Winterbay

Relay scripts are still available if you switch back to link style top menu. Yes, it is due to the change in the iconic menu.

Discuss HERE.

Or the drop-down style which I like because it is more readable (larger text than the links) and still has everything I need.

Lokathor

It shows up in the top frame if your icon set is more than one row tall. Otherwise the moons and bug report pics cover it up.

----

Now to my actual question. I posted this in the wrong thread earlier:

When collecting pirate insults it just went with my standard CCS (attack with weapon) instead of specifically trying to use the book of insults. I fixed my CCS, but perhaps it could attempt to use the book first regardless of a person's CCS. I don't know if it's within the script's power to mix actions into a CCS or what though.

Winterbay said that it already uses its own CCS for the pirates but to talk about it and post more about it here. So here I am.

It's a softcore character, but I have bcasc_RunSCasHC enabled. After things not working automatically the first day I adjusted my charcter's CCS to include entries for the pirates and then ran it the next day and things worked fine. Now I'm mostly wondering why it didn't work the first day if the script uses its own CCS for pirates.

This is an example of what it said day1 when I didn't have my own CCS set:

[1252] Barrrney's Barrr
Encounter: tipsy pirate
Round 0: JamesMason wins initiative!
> BCC: Round: 0 Opp: tipsy pirate
> BCC: You have selected to do casual runs like hardcore (using your CCS). Feel free to change this setting in the relay browser if you want a one-day-casual set of runaways..
Round 1: JamesMason attacks!
Round 2: tipsy pirate takes 149 damage.
Round 2: JamesMason wins the fight!
You gain 45 Meat
You acquire an item: bottle of rum
You acquire an item: rum barrel charrrm
You gain 8 Muscleboundness
You gain 2 Wizardliness
You gain 13 Chutzpah
> BCC: Adventuring one turn at a time to get 7 insults. Currently, we have 0 insults.
> Checking counters now.

And then just loop that for like 240 adventures (it was borris). The next day when I added pirates to my CCS it went properly:

[1600] Barrrney's Barrr
Encounter: tetchy pirate
Round 0: JamesMason wins initiative!
> BCC: Round: 0 Opp: tetchy pirate
> BCC: You have selected to do casual runs like hardcore (using your CCS). Feel free to change this setting in the relay browser if you want a one-day-casual set of runaways..
Round 1: JamesMason uses the The Big Book of Pirate Insults!
You acquire an effect: Embarrassed (duration: 1 Adventure)
> BCC: Round: 1 Opp: tetchy pirate
Round 2: JamesMason attacks!
Round 3: tetchy pirate takes 97 damage.
Round 3: JamesMason wins the fight!
You gain 44 Meat
You gain 3 Fortitude
You gain 5 Enchantedness
You gain 16 Cheek
> BCC: Adventuring one turn at a time to get 7 insults. Currently, we have 1 insults.