bumcheekcend.ash - A zero setup semi-automated ascension script!

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
I'll wait for Winterbay to elaborate but I am not seeing a BBCA problem here. "You have selected to do casual runs like hardcore (using your CCS)." says to me that the user has accepted responsibility for the CCS and your experience shows that when you realized that and changed your CCS the problem went away. If I tell BCCA I will use my own CCS then I don't want it overriding my selection.

But maybe I'm confused since I just make BCCA use WHAM :)

Lokathor

Yeah I figured my CCS was at fault but I thought I'd ask, then Winterbay said that BBCA would use it's own CCS as necessary against the pirates and so I wasn't sure what should be happening vs what was happening. Particularly since the suggested CCS in the first post doesn't have any entries for the pirates.

And yeah, my guy was well out of Ronin. It's just a low-skill character I run the auto-ascend script on to watch it go, so runs take forever. Strictly speaking it's a post-ronin Softcore run, not a Casual run, but I guess the script treats all post-ronin stuff the same?

Last edited:

Winterbay

Yeah, what you ran into was a combination of different things. The script can do casual runs, in which it either uses your CCS or tries to run away from everything to save on turns. If in softcore and getting out of Ronin the script will think that you are in a Casual run because there is basically no difference any longer really and a run that started out as a normal run is now a casual run leading to the script skipping its own internal logic for doing things and instead just plodding through.
I would suggest using WHAM or a similar consult script in the future since that will get around this issue but I'm not sure if there is much that can be done programatically (apart form setting a variable or something the first time the script is run in a run) to know that you are actually still in a "normal" softcore run.

Theraze

Theraze: If you don't mind me asking, what bike upgrades did you find most useful for a BCC run ascension?
Sorry about the long delay... was on vacation.

When I didn't have all of the skill upgrades, I went for the regen seat. Now that I've had them all for a while, I use:
1) Money seat usually first,
2) Nitro tank for lazy +init,
3) Yellow ray headlight for 1 turn with the hippies,
4) Unmuffled muffler for the only easy +combat which helps with the lobsters and snowy assassins,
5) Spiky tires for lazy +wheelie damage, and
6) Rocket launcher for faster war.

If I were doing it well, I'd get the snow tires at 8 instead of the muffler, but I actually usually only get the first 3 motorcycle upgrades on day 1 as I do lots of manual playing while meat is tight. It's just too much work to pay attention after I go full automation, especially since I can lazy-automate in 3-4 days without more motorcycle. :)

Crowther

While I don't believe my upgrade choices are the best for anyone, I already have them typed up, so here they are:

L2: cowling - sweeping red light (+5 stats)
L4: gas tank - extra-boyent tank (island access)
L6: tires - snow tires (icy peak)
L8: seat - massage seat (+HP +MP)
L10: headlight - blacklight bulb (fast desert)
L12: muffler - smelly (banish)

Razorsoup

Sorry about the long delay... was on vacation.

When I didn't have all of the skill upgrades, I went for the regen seat. Now that I've had them all for a while, I use:
1) Money seat usually first,
2) Nitro tank for lazy +init,
3) Yellow ray headlight for 1 turn with the hippies,
4) Unmuffled muffler for the only easy +combat which helps with the lobsters and snowy assassins,
5) Spiky tires for lazy +wheelie damage, and
6) Rocket launcher for faster war.

If I were doing it well, I'd get the snow tires at 8 instead of the muffler, but I actually usually only get the first 3 motorcycle upgrades on day 1 as I do lots of manual playing while meat is tight. It's just too much work to pay attention after I go full automation, especially since I can lazy-automate in 3-4 days without more motorcycle. :)

Interesting. I went with the regen seat myself. I've found that my biggest expense in run is usually buying the skills I need that I don't have permed yet but in AoSP that's not an issue. So I picked the regen seat to help minimize my other major meat drain.

While I don't believe my upgrade choices are the best for anyone, I already have them typed up, so here they are:

L4: gas tank - extra-boyent tank (island access)
L6: tires - snow tires (icy peak)
L8: seat - massage seat (+HP +MP)
L12: muffler - smelly (banish)

This is almost exactly what I went with. Only difference was I got the seat second and picked the unmuffled muffler. So I did:
L4: seat - massage seat (+HP +MP)
L6: gas tank - extra-boyent tank (island access)
L8: tires - snow tires (icy peak)
L12: muffler - Unmuffled (+combat)

Crowther

I'd fax in a lobsterfrogman and copy him with my rain-doh black box. Using the black box is one of the main reason I abort BCA and manually run some things.

Razorsoup

I'd fax in a lobsterfrogman and copy him with my rain-doh black box. Using the black box is one of the main reason I abort BCA and manually run some things.

I did AoSP HC. I didn't think Sneaky Pete could use the fax machine and I didn't think rain-doh is usable in HC (plus I don't have it anyways).

For some reason I decided to do a Boris run. Since I was running low on meat I modified line 1712 to this:
Code:
if (my_level() > 5 && my_path() != "Bees Hate You" && my_path() != "BIG!" && my_meat() > 5000) { cli_execute("trigger lose_effect, Tiger!, use 5 Ben-Gal Balm"); }

Otherwise just using that in the mood was using up a ton of meat, and for someone without many perms it could cause them problems in a HC Muscle class run.

Avatar of Boris can't use the machette so I changed these lines around 5758 in my copy to make it work.

Code:
//		equip($slot[weapon], $item[antique machete]);
		if (my_path() != "Avatar of Boris") {
			equip($slot[weapon], $item[antique machete]);
		}

View attachment bcasc.txtI'm having some trouble with bumcheekascend. This is not a new issue but I figured I would actually ask if anyone has resolved this for themselves.

I've found that bumcheekascend destroys my mp trying to buff 8 skills all the time. Unless I override the default familiar with a mana regen familiar I find bumcheekascend goes through all the meat on my character for the first ~10 levels.

Is there something I have set wrong because this makes it a lot more manual of a process as BBB will cancel the script saying it doesn't have enough meat to recover mp. Or if I turn off MP recovery, BCA will crash saying it can't buff.

Thoughts? Attached is my BCA settings file.

Crowther

Yes, it's been like that for a long time. Balancing meat vs speed is a pretty tough problem. For a while I pulled a zombie accordion. Now non-AT classes pay a very large price for songs and the script has not been adjusted since then. Still, I've pretty much always used a default familiar that recovers MP. I also run more buffs than BCA does by default. My default is normally the hipster, but that's not type69. Or in softcore, I pull and sell stuff for meat.

If you don't have time just farm for meat for a while, then restart the script.

Bah...I should have paid attention to the script. I just burned a whole day at the haunted office building because the script isn't using the boring binder clip.

:eek:

For accordions, non-AT I grab an antique accordion as soon as I can. AT I make Shakespeare's Sister's Accordion immediately. It saves a ton of meat and with Inigo's it saves a lot of crafting turns too.

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
Bah...I should have paid attention to the script. I just burned a whole day at the haunted office building because the script isn't using the boring binder clip.

What revision of KoLmafia were you using? This should have worked with r14539+ so it would be good to makes sure that you were using a recent daily build. Otherwise there might have been a problem with yesterday's update.

What revision of KoLmafia were you using? This should have worked with r14539+ so it would be good to makes sure that you were using a recent daily build. Otherwise there might have been a problem with yesterday's update.

I have been downloading the latest hourly just before I run my turns because of all the updates lately.

Here's more weirdness.

Code:
[1779] Sorceress Tower: Shadow Fight
Encounter: Shadow Disco Bandit
Round 0: chef_rannos wins initiative!
Round 1: chef_rannos uses the filthy poultice and uses the gauze garter!
You gain 81 hit points
You gain 109 hit points
Round 2: chef_rannos uses the gauze garter and uses the gauze garter!
You gain 113 hit points
You gain 96 hit points
Round 3: chef_rannos wins the fight!
You gain 4 hit points
You gain 4 Mojo Points
After Battle: Cry Baby does a couple of karate moves, then swivels his hips and gyrates his pelvis.
You gain 58 Beefiness
You gain 42 Magicalness
You gain 112 Cheek
Your shadow has been defeated.
Putting Cry Baby the Jumpsuited Hound Dog back into terrarium...
Taking Block the Levitating Potato out of terrarium...
Facing giant familiar...
You lose 50 hit points
Putting Block the Levitating Potato back into terrarium...
Taking Block the Barrrnacle out of terrarium...
Maximizing...
208 combinations checked, best score 17.00
Wielding magic whistle...
Equipment changed.
Holding magic whistle...
Equipment changed.
Come back with a 20 pound Barrrnacle
Wielding Sheila Take a Crossbow...
Equipment changed.
Holding A Light that Never Goes Out...
Equipment changed.
Putting Block the Barrrnacle back into terrarium...
Taking Block the Levitating Potato out of terrarium...
Facing giant familiar...
Her Naughtiness awaits.
Putting Block the Levitating Potato back into terrarium...
Taking Cry Baby the Jumpsuited Hound Dog out of terrarium...
Approaching pool table with an aggressive stance.
You acquire an effect: Billiards Belligerence (duration: 10 Adventures)
You lost. Boo hoo.
You are stuck at the top of the tower.

So...I typed in "familiar barr" and it switched to the barrrnacle and it was 21 lbs already... :confused: