bumcheekcend.ash - A zero setup semi-automated ascension script!

Theraze

So, sounds like Chef_Rannos has some other bug going on that doesn't happen for me or anyone else. Something about how CF's maximization runs... doesn't. Not sure if it's setting dontTouchStuff to true, or running SC without RunSCasHC, or what exactly is causing it, but...

Hmm. Any chance you're running zombiecore currently? Looks like the muscle buMax line may have not included the normal maximizations if you were running ZS.

dixmcdix

As an ass-side...
Was making some changes to my CCS and noticed this little strangeness in the Palindrome.
Whenever I have an entry (it could be anything from skill peel out, to attack with weapon) for Taco Cat, Flock of stab bats, Evil Olive (I'd assume any other monster also) I get this message:

[564] Inside the Palindome
Encounter: Taco Cat
Strategy: C:\Users\lenovobutte\Desktop\KOLMefia\ccs\AOSP.ccs [taco cat]
Round 0: jakemcsteak wins initiative!
BCC: We are trying to use the HeBoulder, but this is not the right monster, so I'm attacking.
You don't have enough null
You're on your own, partner.
Click here to continue in the relay browser.

If i go to the relay browser and click auto the CCS works fine. I'm assuming it is a complication with the HeBoulder usage.

Doesn't REALLY matter but thought I'd bring it to your attentions.

Love and Kisses.

Crowther

I just started getting some "You don't have enough null" too. I'm not sure if it's BCA or WHAM or something else. It seems to be places where BCA would be doing an override. Like for pirate insults.

Theraze

That just runs this:
Code:
	print("BCC: We are trying to use the HeBoulder, but this is not the right monster, so I'm attacking.", "purple");

if (my_familiar() == $familiar[He-Boulder] && have_effect($effect[Everything Looks Red]) == 0 && contains_text(text, "red eye"))
		return "skill point at your opponent";

return ((my_primestat() == $stat[Mysticality] && in_hardcore()) ? consultMyst(round, opp, text) : get_ccs_action(round));
So it's probably WHAM or SS. Actually probably some bad information added to batfactors, since it's affecting multiple people, but...

So, sounds like Chef_Rannos has some other bug going on that doesn't happen for me or anyone else. Something about how CF's maximization runs... doesn't. Not sure if it's setting dontTouchStuff to true, or running SC without RunSCasHC, or what exactly is causing it, but...

Hmm. Any chance you're running zombiecore currently? Looks like the muscle buMax line may have not included the normal maximizations if you were running ZS.

I was in a ZS run, I think I had posted that. I just finished it so I'm back in a BIG! run, so I'll see if it comes up again.

Which, I don't think BIG! necessarily needs to maximize with experience all the time (I get annoyed with Victor sometimes :D), but the sooner I get to 200 in all stats the sooner I can wear my sweet aftercore gear... :p

Ok, here's an annoyance. It's not checking to see if I have a turtle totem before trying to cast buffs. Instead it loops like this:

Code:
Mood swing complete.
Mind control device already at 4
BCC: Maximizing ''
Maximizing...
35 combinations checked, best score 347.99
BCC: Your familiar is set to a 100% Mini-Adventurer
BCC: Nothing to fax according to whatShouldIFax
Cleared mood.
Cleared mood.
Set mood trigger: When I get Just the Best Anapests, uneffect just the best anapests
Set mood trigger: When I run low on Butt-Rock Hair, use 5 hair spray
BCC: Need meat (this will always trigger)!
Set mood trigger: When I run low on Polka of Plenty, cast 1 The Polka of Plenty
Set mood trigger: When I run low on The Ballad of Richie Thingfinder, cast 1 The Ballad of Richie Thingfinder
Set mood trigger: When I run low on Leash of Linguini, cast 1 Leash of Linguini
Set mood trigger: When I run low on Empathy, cast 1 Empathy of the Newt
You need 1 more turtle totem to continue.
Mood swing complete.
Maximizing...
Cleared mood.
Cleared mood.
Set mood trigger: When I get Just the Best Anapests, uneffect just the best anapests
Set mood trigger: When I run low on The Ballad of Richie Thingfinder, cast 1 The Ballad of Richie Thingfinder
Mood swing complete.
Maximizing...
Cleared mood.
Cleared mood.
Mood swing complete.
KoLmafia declares world peace.

Normally I fish until I have a totem but I forgot to this run before firing up the script.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Since I noted upstream some concerns about the Billiard Room on this last run it did use hand chalk when available. However it still loops at the choice adventure between playing the ghost or using the other table. It (or BBS) is not actually making the choice.

Since I noted upstream some concerns about the Billiard Room on this last run it did use hand chalk when available. However it still loops at the choice adventure between playing the ghost or using the other table. It (or BBS) is not actually making the choice.

Neither is coded to handle that choice adventure. Either set it to be automatically selected or do that part manually

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Neither is coded to handle that choice adventure. Either set it to be automatically selected or do that part manually

Got it.

Recognizing that recent massive changes in KoL have caused frustration and burn out in the community I would ask that (ideally) BCCAscend be modified to automatically get the key from the Billiard Room. Until that is done I would ask that BCCAscend stop when it decides it needs the key to continue rather than continue under a set of circumstances that cause an infinite loop. BBCAscend's value to me is as an effective means of automation and under my circumstances stopping is much less of a problem than looping infinitely. If, as I suspect, the ability to do this correctly and automatically depends upon a change to KoLmafia, please remind me what that change should be. Thank you.

Theraze

Regarding casting empathy without a totem, the have_castitem wasn't being checked on a few of the mood bits. Has been added now. Should get the totem automatically.

Regarding making the script work worse for people who don't want to type choice 1 always or actually use a smart BB/AA script, ehhhh... no? If/when BBB or another commonly available script will make smart choices for users, I'll default BCA to choice 1 for people who chooses not to use it. But until then, breaking people's ability to set their choices doesn't seem like a 'nice' benefit. Especially when the avoidance is a single choice.

If you want to add 'smart' choicing to mafia, you could have choice 3 pick choice 2 if you have a pool cue equipped until you have an active pool score high enough to win, at which point (or if you don't have a pool cue) it picks choice 1.
In that case, BCA could do choice 3 as an automatic choice and we don't need to worry about messing up people who set choice 2 through their postAscension script and only toggle to choice 1 when the pool score is high enough and don't want to do the extra bits for deciding when to switch back to choice 2 after drinking or losing chalky or something else drops you down to where you can't complete anymore.

Question, why would it think I have the Mega Gem? You can't get it before reading the 1st volume, right?

Code:
Conditions satisfied after 20 adventures.
Using 1 "I Love Me, Vol. I"...
Finished using 1 "I Love Me, Vol. I".
You acquire an item: "2 Love Me, Vol. 2"
You lose 399 hit points
That's weird. You don't have the Mega Gem.

I read the 2nd volume, fired up the script and it died saying I didn't have the mega gem, so I talked to Alan and then got it, and then it was able to resume.

Last edited:

Theraze

When quest tracking was updated for L11Palin, the "mark quest step1 as completed" part of the item processing on 2Love was moved before the "and actually use the item" part. :) Which was fixed with lost's 14136 patch. :)
So update to mafia 14136 or newer, and that will work again.

Specifically what you DIDN'T do when you manually use it and it failed is that you didn't use it and then visit Alan. If you had manually done those 2 steps and then run the script again, it would have continued just fine.

When quest tracking was updated for L11Palin, the "mark quest step1 as completed" part of the item processing on 2Love was moved before the "and actually use the item" part. :) Which was fixed with lost's 14136 patch. :)
So update to mafia 14136 or newer, and that will work again.

Specifically what you DIDN'T do when you manually use it and it failed is that you didn't use it and then visit Alan. If you had manually done those 2 steps and then run the script again, it would have continued just fine.

I wanted to see if you were right, and you are. :) I hit the problem again, used the volume, visited Alan, and fired up the script and it happily went looking for some nasty bits to make stew.

Disco Fever can help in moxie runs, for moods. I think I like the increased damage more than the bonus to moxie, but they're both nice to have. It makes combat go a little quicker and easier. :)

syrinxlui

I found the larva on a different computer and now bumcheekascend only wants to adventure in the spooky forest. (I have the temple open too.) I set lasttempleunlock manually to my current ascension number in my settings\syrinxlui_prefs.txt, but mafia kept resetting it down a number. I finally just adventured once in the hidden temple and mafia reset it correctly. Just posting in case anyone else has this issue.

Script attempted to do the Baron's Chasm quest WAY earlier than I was actually prepared. I was able to pass it manually but I was only Level 10 (hcnp), so it took a LOT of potions and equipment/buff tweaking to have the hp and the resistance needed to pass.

Theraze

If you tell it not to care about powerlevelling, then it won't care about powerlevelling. That's how it works.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
I understand the genesis and origins of the script. However there is an opportunity for improvement in the cases where it does not do a boss fight because of the player's class. (Specifically The Man in the Island War but I think there are others). At this point with WHAM and a reasonable set of cross class skills, my character can make short work of the boss. So how about an option that lets the player say "I trust my CCS and as long as BCCA uses it then I will accept the consequences in terms of failed fights and so on". bcasc_doMystAsCCS is true so perhaps this is just a case where it could be consulted if a new preference is not appropriate. Thanks.