autoBasement.ash - Better basement automation

Winterbay

Set the zlib variable "autoBasement_combat_stat" to moxie and it should stop trying to use muscle to hit things at least :)

Ferdawoon

MP tests don't seem to be maximizing for MP either. the script abort because it cant get 2551 MP. if I just run maximizer to go with MP I go from 1594 MP to 3494 MP..

EDIT: Nevermind.. I missed that 2k MP was one of the breakpoints set in the settings of the script. Edited that now so lets see how it behave.

EDIT2: Hmm, editing the Break_on_level setting to a higher level than 30 dont seem to have any effect on the running of the script.
"Current character level (30) >= autoBasement_break_on_level (30), quitting" even though I set it to 50.

Last edited:

Ferdawoon

It would seem that the almost-right alignment of the CLI textbox happen at this line:
Code:
It appears you're already wearing all the parts of the outfit "Damage" which you possess or can wear.    
Item NOT found:
The text also stay red until the next encounter start.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
EDIT2: Hmm, editing the Break_on_level setting to a higher level than 30 dont seem to have any effect on the running of the script.
"Current character level (30) >= autoBasement_break_on_level (30), quitting" even though I set it to 50.

Once a zlib setting is set, changing it in the script that set it is pointless. "zlib break_on_level = 50" in the CLI is what you want.

Ferdawoon

Because generally you don't need to maximizing your mainstat for the cheapest combat strategies, but Muscle or Myst.
Ahh well there you go. Another sign that I'm not really playing as optimal as possible =)
Once a zlib setting is set, changing it in the script that set it is pointless. "zlib break_on_level = 50" in the CLI is what you want.
Yop, got that command from a clanie. At least I learned about that now to (hopefully) not make the same mistake again! But who am I kidding..

Zaranthos

Don't know if this is a mafia glitch or a problem with the script. I have 2 brimstone bludgeons. One was equipped on the disembodied hand and it looks like mafia was trying to dual-wield them. I had to manually remove it from the familiar which wasn't being used at the time to get it to work.

Basement level 356: Spooky & Cold Elemental Resistance Test
Maximizing (1st time may take a while)...
28152 combinations checked, best score 268.16
Wielding Brimstone Bludgeon...
Equipment changed.
Taking off Brimstone Bludgeon...
Equipment changed.
Holding Brimstone Bludgeon...
Why bother putting a weapon into your offhand if you don't have anything in your on-hand? "On-hand?" Whatever.

unable to pass elemental test, quitting
mpAutoRecovery => 0.2
mpAutoRecoveryTarget => 0.5
Basement sucessfully automated for 0 out of 320 adventures.

Edit: I should note I have another brimstone bludgeon in my DC if that matters. It just sits in there though.

Last edited:

raisins

When I start the script, it runs through saving the outfit, and after it saves the MPDrain outfit, it says in red "You can't wear that outfit." But it says it after the outfit is already saved? Whats the problem?

Theraze

Right... it's the MP Regen outfit that has issues, not the MPDrain. Throw a refresh all in there, run script again. If not, I'm out of ideas. :D

raisins

I changed MP Regen to MPRegen for all except 2 parts where it had something about min and max and it works.
I still have trouble using the script, mostly because the only time I used mafia before was to play 11s. And I just bought 10k ointments for hp healing.. Is there a more efficient way to heal? Although I guess its a bit late for that.

tgetgel

First run of script during this ascension resulted in endless loop (until cancelled). Latest daily Mafia build, autoBasement v2.0, aftercore, DB, ascended once, current run is HC no clover, verbosity = 3.

Code:
Items and effects initialization complete!
mpAutoRecovery => -0.05
mpAutoRecoveryTarget => -0.05
Basement level 1: Monster
Maximizing...
1260 combinations checked, best score 310.0
Putting on hardened slime hat...
Equipment changed.
Wielding pygmy spear...
Equipment changed.
Holding polyalloy shield...
Equipment changed.
Putting on black greaves...
Equipment changed.
Putting on Mr. Accessory...
Equipment changed.
Putting on headhunter necktie...
Equipment changed.
Putting on Elmley shades...
Equipment changed.
Putting Spudlesby the Levitating Potato back into terrarium...
Taking Gronaldlesby the Hovering Sombrero out of terrarium...
tiny maracas is better than (none). Switching items...
Putting on tiny maracas...
Equipment changed.

[6445] Fernswarthy's Basement (Level 0)
Encounter: 99 Bottles of Beer on a Golem
Round 0: flyingsaucer1 wins initiative!
Round 1: flyingsaucer1 executes a macro!
KoLmafia thinks it is round 2 but KoL thinks it is round 1
Round 2: flyingsaucer1 executes a macro!
KoLmafia thinks it is round 3 but KoL thinks it is round 1
This continued to round 127 when I Esc'd the script and then defeated the very first monster in the relay browser. I did not see this previously mentioned in the 32 pages of posts.

CCS for this monster is what was used for the Sauceror run
Code:
[ bottles of beer on a golem ]
item chloroform rag
item love song of smoldering passion
but no chloroform rags were on hand.

The session log shows
Code:
[6445] Fernswarthy's Basement (Level 0)
Encounter: 99 Bottles of Beer on a Golem
Round 0: flyingsaucer1 wins initiative!
Adjusted combat item count: divine blowout (-1)
Round 1: flyingsaucer1 executes a macro!
Round 2: flyingsaucer1 executes a macro!
Round 3: flyingsaucer1 executes a macro!
Round 127: flyingsaucer1 executes a macro!
Round 128: flyingsaucer1 tries to steal an item!
Round 129: flyingsaucer1 uses the divine blowout and uses the plot hole!
Round 130: 99 bottles of beer on a golem takes 302 damage.
You gain 18 Chutzpah
After Battle: Gronaldlesby bends its brim into an approximation of a smile.
You gain 2 Strengthliness
You gain 1 Wizardliness
You gain 2 Cheek

Suggestions?

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
CCS for this monster is what was used for the Sauceror run
Code:
[ bottles of beer on a golem ]
item chloroform rag
item love song of smoldering passion
but no chloroform rags were on hand.
Yeah, I saw this myself yesterday testing out the purported CCS + consult script "round 1" bug. I set up a CCS that used an item I didn't have, and KoLmafia macrofied it, and looped, just as you say. Before macrofication, I think we simply skipped using items we didn't have when executing a CCS. We should probably omit the item usage from the macrofication - or abort it - the the CCS includes a missing item.

File a bug report.

And for now, either buy the item or change your CCS. :)