autoBasement.ash - Better basement automation

morgad

Just a note of Thanks to Rinn and the others who have made this script

got my 1st Telescope pice today (and a Sniffytome as well :) )

Dave

Wole

I've had a difficulty recently with the command for the MP Regen outfit. It seems like at least my current build of mafia r8735 doesn't like spaces in custom outfits. Replacing relevant cases with something like MP_Regen works nicely though in case anyone else has that problem.

mikespike

i seem to be having some trouble with the script, worked fine for a few hundred advs on the first day, now it searches for all various potions and so forth and then stops, regardless of what value i put in for advs

I'm very new to basementing so forgive my question. what are people typically using for fights? i switched my default combat to divines, but i'm losing to physical damage resistant monsters. can someone share an example of a css set of instructions that work on all of the combat nuances?

yeah i'm a terrible thread searcher. i just found the examples on page 9 and saw the spectral snapper advice. fortunately i'm a TT so i am gonna get that and give it a whirl.

xKiv

Love songs, uncapped spells.
Also, if you are under the effect of an elemental phial (for one of the elemental tests), you are doing that elemental damage even with divines.

slyz

Developer
i seem to be having some trouble with the script, worked fine for a few hundred advs on the first day, now it searches for all various potions and so forth and then stops, regardless of what value i put in for advs

Try changing the verbosity by typing zlib verbosity = 3 in the gCLI, you should hopefully have a helpful message explaining why it is stopping.

Winterbay

I'm very new to basementing so forgive my question. what are people typically using for fights? i switched my default combat to divines, but i'm losing to physical damage resistant monsters. can someone share an example of a css set of instructions that work on all of the combat nuances?

I bought 1 of those 120MP-spell book in the mall. They are quite cheap and as long as you have enough MP they take care of most things in max 3 rounds (I used divine items for the spell resistant one). But then I've done most of mine as myst classes...

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
Also, a note: last I checked, hobo spells aren't actually blocked by the beer golem, which blocks all other spells. But this may have been a KoL bug, so it may or may not still hold.

mikespike

Try changing the verbosity by typing zlib verbosity = 3 in the gCLI, you should hopefully have a helpful message explaining why it is stopping.

Cheers i did that, seems the issue was that i had hit lvl30 and so it quit, anyway around that? as i still have 300 floors before my telescope n would like to script it

Theraze

Do you have an outfit named MP Regen?

If there isn't too much other stuff based on it, try renaming it to MPRegen. Sometimes spaces cause errors.

Winterbay

Do you have an outfit named MP Regen?

If there isn't too much other stuff based on it, try renaming it to MPRegen. Sometimes spaces cause errors.

Since the outfits are generated automagically you also need to change all instances of "MP Regen" in the code.

jwylot

I'm getting this too. Is it a feature of the Zlib update possibly? Or a new mafia feature. Seems that "MP Regen" is now interpreted as "MP+Regen" sometimes.

Actually I see Wole mentioned this earlier - guess the answer is to edit the script and remove the space in all instances of "MP Regen".

Last edited:

Winterbay

I'm getting this too. Is it a feature of the Zlib update possibly? Or a new mafia feature. Seems that "MP Regen" is now interpreted as "MP+Regen" sometimes.

Actually I see Wole mentioned this earlier - guess the answer is to edit the script and remove the space in all instances of "MP Regen".

It is definitely the easiest way until someone finds out why this problem is happening :)

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
The issue occurred when you save a custom outfit with spaces in the name and go to use it in the same session; we pulled the outfit name from the URL and did not URL decode it. Hence, spaces were plus signs. If you logged out and logged in again, we'd read the outfit names from the equipment page and spaces would be spaces.

Revision 8763 fixes this.

so far i'm kind of enjoying this script but i've run into a number of problems. the one i'm currently dealing with is that I am getting this error:

mp test (3720) > autoBasement_break_on_mp_amount (2000), quitting

Assuming this 2000 limit is setup in the script itself I went in and sure enough found the code that does it. I edited the code changing 2000 to 5000, saved and restarted Mafia. Ran the script again but I'm still getting the same abort message, including the (2000). I re-opened the script to make sure I had saved and sure enough, the line of code is there reading

setvar("autoBasement_break_on_mp_amount", 5000);

so what am I doing wrong or what am i neglecting to change?