Aftercore.ash: user-friendly aftercore botting script!

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Side question: can a moderator please change my thread's title to "Aftercore.ash: user-friendly aftercore botting script!"? I'd be very grateful.

Edit your first post, and go to Advanced Editing, or whatever it is. When there, edit the Title line. Also, I think you can double-click on the line that has the thread title, viewed from the forum before you click on the thread title, and change it there (which even prevents the first post from saying it was edited).

Bale

Minion
That's wonderful advice. Unfortunately it won't work since this forum requires him to be a moderator to do either of those. ;)

If the thread's title isn't changed soon then it means fewyn wasn't reading this thread. He always helps out pretty quickly whenever I PM him, so I'd suggest that you send him a PM if a day passes without your title being changed.

ChriaMon

This is a very useful script, thank you very much. It does everything as advertised, except for the eating/drinking optimally (unless somehow ent cider is optimal) which I assume has something to do with the line "An adventure has the value of 0 meat. Moxie subpoint is 0.0. Nonprime stat subpoint is 0.0." I don't know if it is a config error on my part, or an implementation error, or what. Please let me know if I posted this in the wrong thread though, thank you.

EDIT: I tried running EatDrink.ash from dj_d's thread, and it appears to work fine. I replaced aftercore_eatdrink.ash with EatDrink.ash from dj_d's thread, and it works again. Something may be wrong with aftercore_eatdrink.ash, but on a cursory glance I could not tell the difference between the two.

Last edited:

MapleMario

This is a very useful script, thank you very much. It does everything as advertised, except for the eating/drinking optimally (unless somehow ent cider is optimal) which I assume has something to do with the line "An adventure has the value of 0 meat. Moxie subpoint is 0.0. Nonprime stat subpoint is 0.0." I don't know if it is a config error on my part, or an implementation error, or what. Please let me know if I posted this in the wrong thread though, thank you.

EDIT: I tried running EatDrink.ash from dj_d's thread, and it appears to work fine. I replaced aftercore_eatdrink.ash with EatDrink.ash from dj_d's thread, and it works again. Something may be wrong with aftercore_eatdrink.ash, but on a cursory glance I could not tell the difference between the two.
Thanks for the praise!
The error is interesting, considering that aftercore_eatdrink is completely unchanged from EatDrink.ash (contrary to what seems to be advertised - the slight modification is the filename, though in v1.4- it used to actually be changed).
I guess I'll put that on the front page, though I think simply stopping and rerunning the script would've fixed the problem in the first place. I can't immediately place what sort of bug would do that.

That's wonderful advice. Unfortunately it won't work since this forum requires him to be a moderator to do either of those. ;)

If the thread's title isn't changed soon then it means fewyn wasn't reading this thread. He always helps out pretty quickly whenever I PM him, so I'd suggest that you send him a PM if a day passes without your title being changed.
Thanks, I'll try that later.

Bazaaretw

I have some suggestions.

I don't see anything in regards to familiars and which to use in which situation, such as hand with time sword for rollover.

Having the option or at least leting up know what to imput in the config to instead of use the custom outfits to instead use the maximizer to find the best outfit to wear for each suggestion.

lastly there is no implication for olfac/putty for your bounty.

MapleMario

First point: G/p. I think I'll implement familiars with outfits at some point.
Second point: That option used to be on the roadmap, but was pushed farther down.
Third point: I use someone else's bounty script, so I won't really be able to edit it proficiently. If you can find a decent bounty script with olfact/putty that I can use here, I'll implement it.

billybob31

I tried to use the script today and when I started it up i got this in my CLI

[the ode to booze] does not match anything in the status effect database.
Bad effect value: "the ode to booze" (aftercore_eatdrink.ash, line 1384)

Have i done something wrong? I am fairly new to mafia

MapleMario

Just open up aftercore_eatdrink.ash in notepad, find wherever it says "the ode to booze" (Ctrl+F for find) and take out the "the".

Tedris

A few suggestions:

Either through this script, or a companion script, allow gathering of spleen items from their respective familiars. Also allowing usage of things like Preternatural Greed would help (more meat is a good thing!)

I usually gather things from my llama or baby sandworm first, before really buffing up my meat drops and using my hobo monkey, but perhaps I'm a little unoptimal when it comes to my meat farming, after all I rarely go to the farm, and I don't think I've ever tried to get Melange before (every so often wouldn't a He-Boulder help on the off chance that its ray actually works?)

Also semirares allow for a good amount of meat gathering, so being able to manage that would be good. I know there is a script that takes care of that and also allows consumption of another cookie after finding a semirare, but eating an optimal diet before that happens is a rather moot point, perhaps drinks and food should be separated?

I am by no means the best aftercore player, and some of my ideas may be off, and if they are I would appreciate any corrections, thanks!

Also, thanks for the useful script!

HasteBro

Got an error with canadv.ash:

> call scripts\aftercore\aftercore.ash

Function 'error( string )' undefined (canadv.ash, line 38)

I checked the canadv.ash file to see if I could do something, but I really have no idea =/

EDIT: Also, before I forget and have to post again, do I need to put the plan and config files in the same directory or can I just throw them in the data directory?

Last edited:

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
Change error("whatever message here") to vprint("whatever message here", -2).

At least, I think that works?

Plan and config files -- for the level 12 quest? You can throw those in the data folder.

HasteBro

Ok, the script worked after changing all the error thing, thanks =)

and what I meant plans and configs for this script, but they must be in the data, as I found out XD

t4kato

Ever since the food/drink change on KoL, I've been getting this error:
Function 'start( string )' undefined. This script may require a more recent version of KoLmafia and/or its supporting scripts. (aftercore.ash, line 180)
Did I mess something up? Or is it just a change in KoL?

EDIT: I got it to work by changing the code around. Not sure why it worked before though. I'm confused why the bounty hunting call was start( string ) in the first place...

Last edited:
I changed my aftercore.ash like this to fix some eat/drink looping issues, and so I only have to maintain one consumption script for any other scripting I might want to do.

aftercore.ash:
//import <aftercore_eatdrink.ash>
import <EatDrink.ash>​

I also had to edit EatDrink.ash manually to change "the ode to booze" to "ode to booze" to get it to work properly.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
I changed my aftercore.ash like this to fix some eat/drink looping issues, and so I only have to maintain one consumption script for any other scripting I might want to do.

aftercore.ash:
//import <aftercore_eatdrink.ash>
import <EatDrink.ash>​

I also had to edit EatDrink.ash manually to change "the ode to booze" to "ode to booze" to get it to work properly.

Admittedly hard to find but the version of EatDrink here has several looping issues fixed.

Most of that would have to be controlled by Custom Combat.

I'll clarify.

Would it be hard to add a section to the config for a hell seal outfit and a hell seal entry in the plan?

I already have a nice CCS setup that I use for all my bounty hunting and hell seal combat, and an outfit I use for hell seal leveling. What I want to do is add a section similar to "bounty" where you say I want to use outfit 'SealClubbin' and how many adventures to spend on that, and when.