Aftercore.ash: user-friendly aftercore botting script!

palpitations

Trying this out on a multi... And it doesn't seem to be working.

Code:
> call scripts/aftercore/aftercore.ash

Using config_Focaccia.txt
bounty_outfit
consumption_outfit
farm_outfit
gnight_outfit
scratchnsniff_weapon
switch_ode_polka
use_upcs
Using plan_Focaccia.txt
initing plan....
You are on step #6
Step 0
Step 1
Step 2
Step 3
Step 4
Step 5
I should be finished.

But it doesn't actually do anything, even though I have plenty of turns to burn through.

config:
Code:
switch_ode_polka	boolean	false
consumption_outfit	string	consume
bounty_outfit	string	bounty
farm_outfit	string	farm
use_upcs	boolean	false
scratchnsniff_weapon	string	sword
gnight_outfit	string	rollover

And Plan:
Code:
0	arena	0	-- 
1	giants	*	-- 
2	diet	0	-- 
3	giants	*	-- 
4	night	0	-- 
5	stats	0	--

I'm sure that I'm just missing something simple here, but after a quick glance over things, it's not apparent. Any ideas? I'd like to get this taken care of by mid-June, when I go on vacation, and where my girlfriend would castrate me if I spent too much time playing... Loading up Mafia, running a script, and walking away I could get away with - much else and I'm likely to get my ass kicked... So any tips would be helpful!

I'm sure it's something simple, and I picture myself facepalming soon. Was just curious how to avoid being an idiot in the future.

MapleMario

It turns out it was directly from the script. I wrote a patch that starts numbering at 1, as per my plan syntax.
I'll be releasing v1.4 in due time.

ironsting

How do I make the script start over at step#1? I used it for the first time yesterday and it worked beautifully, the tool to create custom config/plan is genius, however today it is skipping straight to step 5.

Amazing work thank you.

Fe

MapleMario

How do I make the script start over at step#1? I used it for the first time yesterday and it worked beautifully, the tool to create custom config/plan is genius, however today it is skipping straight to step 5.

Amazing work thank you.

Fe

It works for me. May I see your plan?

ironsting

This is my default plan:

1 giants *
2 diet 0
3 bounty *
4 giants *
5 night 0
6 stats 0

And this is the CLI info:

Couldn't use config_ironsting.txt.... trying config_default.txt
Using config_default.txt
bounty_outfit
consumption_outfit
farm_outfit
gnight_outfit
scratchnsniff_weapon
switch_ode_polka
use_upcs
Couldn't use plan_ironsting.txt.... trying plan_default.txt
Using plan_default.txt
initing plan....
You are on step #7
Step 1
Step 2
Step 3
Step 4
Step 5
Step 6
I should be finished.

I have 199 turns available.

Thanks for the prompt reply and interest.

Fe

MapleMario

Strange. I'll put up my current aftercore.ash folder up for download and see if you can get anywhere with that. It might be a problem with the file itself....
Wait, first, try adding two dashes (--) to the end of every line. If that doesn't work, tell me.

MapleMario

Are those tabs or spaces? (in between the 1, giants, and *, etc.) They should be tabs for the file to be parsed as a map.

ironsting

Attached is the file. It is in the scripts folder. Not sure what else you need to know. I am running Mafia 13.2.

Fe

Attachments

• plan_default.txt
    82 bytes · Views: 36

MapleMario

There is no -- on the last line; can you try adding a -- on the last step and seeing if that works? The reason is that the -- is meant for comments, but I never removed the commenting functionality when I realized it was superfluous due to the existence of an online plan editor.

MapleMario

No problem.... last thing I can do is attach my aftercore_v1.3b.zip as a patch.

Attachments

• aftercore_v1.3b.zip
    39.9 KB · Views: 19

ironsting

Without knowing much about how your script works, or any of them for that matter, could there be a value in ironsting_prefs or does the script check session logs for where to begin the steps?

Fe

MapleMario

The script checks progress.txt for the current progress, but if the current step is greater than the total amount of steps in your plan, it starts over. Is your SIM variable set to true? One second as I test your plan....

Your plan works PERFECTLY on my account. Try using the latest mafia revision, or r7311, which is what I use.