Aftercore.ash: user-friendly aftercore botting script!

ironsting

Changing progress.txt to 1 has got it rolling. I am going to let it finish and see what's what.

Thanks again(again) for your help.

Fe

ironsting

I do have another question that I posted elsewhere but has come up in aftercore.ash. How do I make mafia stop halting combat when it decides "you're on your're own parter" I am lvl 26 and there is nothing I can see or think of that would make mafia believe I could lose. I tried "set_threshold=100" and it still halts. Any ideas?

Fe

StormCrow42

I do have another question that I posted elsewhere but has come up in aftercore.ash. How do I make mafia stop halting combat when it decides "you're on your're own parter" I am lvl 26 and there is nothing I can see or think of that would make mafia believe I could lose. I tried "set_threshold=100" and it still halts. Any ideas?

The aborts generally happen when mafia encounters a monster that it doesn't know about, or if your CCS runs out of valid commands (out of MP when a spell is your last command, or out of items to throw, etc). What is mafia aborting on?

MapleMario

Most of it has to do with your CCS. IF your CCS includes a skill that uses MP, and you can't restore enough MP to use the skill, mafia will abort. Also, if your CCS includes the command abort in it, mafia will abort. Finally, I believe that if your HP/MP is below the threshold for HP/MP auto-restoration, and it cannot be restored, mafia will also abort.

Just a few causes.

Edit: you beat me to it. =P

ironsting

No bounty again today

So it didn't so the bounty again today. I was watching as it got to that point of the script and I see:

Step 3
Putting on farm...
You are already wearing "farm."
Checking bounty hunt possibility in none...
Bounty hunt successful.
Step 4
Autoselling items to NPCs...
Items sold.
Items sold.
Items sold.
KoLmafia declares world peace.
Server www2.kingdomofloathing.com returned empty response from knoll.php

Is it possible that is was adventuring in the castle but couldn't in the knoll, one of today's bounties is gearheads, due to the whitescreen server issue?

edit: Well after halting the script I went to the BHH via the relay, took the gearhead bounty and then ran the turns via mafia. /boggle

Last edited:

MapleMario

That's weird because one of my accounts successfully did the bounty but the other two bailed out as well. It's probably something involving the server. (Most likely the knoll.php thing? It doesn't always mean that knoll.php is actually blank - it's probably a mafia thing.)

Edit: On second thought, could it be because I'm not in a muscle sign? Obviously, the muscle sign knoll will be blank if you're under Blender!

ironsting

I've been having nagging issues all over the place and I think I have finally found out why. I didn't know that Vista places files created or saved in /program files in a "Virtual_Store" folder. It looks like on some days mafia would load playername_prefs.txt from the settings folder in Virtual_Store others from the settings folder in /program files. I have moved /KolMafia out of /program files which I hope will clear up all the problems I have been having.

Fe

marth1992

hey, I'm trying to use this script, but I have a few problems with it

*with default settings, It sells everything in my inventory, and doesn't eat optimally or do bounty, just farms
*for some reason, after using a new config file, it doesn't work anymore

also after looking through some of the options, I feel I am slightly limited, because I can't override the optimal eat/drink, and the script stops when you run out of mp for some reason
edit: in fact, after trying the script some more, it only reverts to default options, and say an outfit is already being worn, the script aborts. I really hope there is some way to keep the script running steady without being touched, and I think there is a script that would explain how to use buffbots for ode and cantata, I should find that

edit more: its izchak's castlefarming script, the concept is actually extremely simple, at least I think so, just write the program to execute CLI commands to get buffs, and then shrug when done, and that script has a system to make sure buffs are acquired before you drink/adventure

Last edited:

StormCrow42

The script tries to save what step you're on so you can resume in place if you abort. However if it doesn't finish on one day, the next day it starts from where it left off. It needs modified to save the day it was run in it's status file. A workaround is to edit or remove progress.txt.

For the time being, the easiest buffbot solution is to just bulk purchase days or weeks worth of polka and phat loot from a buffbot and then not worry for a while.

Now for my improvement suggestions :)

I'd like to see an option to summon the meat demon to farm, perhaps right before farming the ducks. Also perhaps an option to save room for fortune cookies so you can use a counter script to gather them (bale's semi-rare script even eats more fortune cookies for you).

Other nice options would be to pulverize items, or send them to wadbot. Not certain how you'd account for the values of such when computing the "optimum diet" though.

MapleMario

Sorry everyone, I'm on vacation right now and won't be able to work on any scripts until August 13th, when I get back. I've read your comments and marth1992, most of those problems are indeed problems with mafia, not my script. Keep in mind that both mafia and aftercore.ash are completely free of charge and as such, they won't be nearly as good as you expect something to be if you have to pay for it. We'll most likely never have a perfect mafia.

It sells your inventory because it sells all the items that you get from castlefarming. If you want to have it not sell those items, simply go into aftercore.ash, find the function castlesell(), and remove the appropriate autosell() lines from there.
It does eat optimally, for problems with diet see the EatDrink.ash thread. And yes, StormCrow's solution is very effective; it is the one I use for maintaining large amounts of buffs.

Thanks for the comments.

dj_d

"Diets are generated by EatDrink.ash - thanks dj_d!"

You're very welcome! I'm delighted my script was helpful. You mentioned that there are some slight changes. I'm happy to consider rolling those changes in to the "main" branch so you don't have to keep up a fork, if you let me know what they are - just post them in the main eatdrink.ash thread.

MapleMario

Hmm. I must have forgotten what they are. Probably just custom configuration of the existing script? Yeah, that's all it looks like to me, though I didn't look very far. Maybe the slight change was renaming the file to aftercore_eatdrink.ash ;)

MapleMario

Aftercore.ash v1.4 released!

v1.4
  • Rolled v1.3b into the main branch
  • New bounty file that should actually do the bounty. You NEED to delete your old bounty.txt file in order for this to work!

Side question: can a moderator please change my thread's title to "Aftercore.ash: user-friendly aftercore botting script!"? I'd be very grateful.

Last edited:

MapleMario

Aftercore.ash v1.5 released!

v1.5
  • Added sandworm / melange farming!
  • Removed part at the beginning where it outputs all of your config vars
  • "Step #X" is only displayed if you're actually about to do step #X
  • MPA is now saved in progress.txt, allowing for slightly more seamless stopping and restarting

Side question: can a moderator please change my thread's title to "Aftercore.ash: user-friendly aftercore botting script!"? I'd be very grateful.