bumcheekcend.ash - A zero setup semi-automated ascension script!

Winterbay

Well, it may be that the zombie-core quest-updating isn't working. I've started a local document for the quest starting and finishing but it's not very fleshed out yet.

zanmatoer

I'm not sure if anybody would be interested in having this, but I've written a Legendary Epic Weapon module for bumcheekascend that will do the first part of the nemesis quest right after clearing the rats out of the tavern. I've found it greatly beneficial to have the LEW in my hardcore runs, which I usually play as an AT due to the increased moxie and increased song duration. In particular, it helps to save that critical early-run meat by only having to do one cast of Ode to drink on the first day. Is this something that other people would be interested in having as well? If so I'd be happy to provide it to Winterbay.

If this could be included as an option, it would be great; especially for ATs as Ioeth mentioned. I tend to do the Nemesis quest in aftercore, so having part of it completed in run, where it can also benefit the run (even if only in ease of adventuring, rather than turncount) would be an awesome new feature.

Has anyone else been having trouble with the script collecting the climbing gear from the Lair of the Ninja Snowmen? As a high-skill AT in hardcore, I seem to get beaten up by the ninja snowman assassins about 2/3 of the time, making the process chew through a whole lot more turns than it should. I've found that adventuring in the Lair with the MCD turned down to 0, instead of the 10 that bumcheekascend leaves it at, makes my success rate against assassins much higer, probably up near 9/10 or so.

Yes.

illarion

I'm doing a SC Class Act run at the moment. Despite taking an Astral Bludgeon, which seemed like a pretty sensible choice to make the run very easy, the script insists on using Bjorns Hammer instead. This just flat-out isn't as good, even ignoring the TS/LST auto-hit that the Bludgeon equips.

I assume this is just a flaw in the Maximizer command, but I can't figure out how to tweak it to prefer the bludgeon - it really looks like it should be using it.

(I also can't find a way to prevent the script from equipping something suboptimal, sort of autoselling it. Could it be prevented from auto-uncloseting things, so you could override it's preferences in this way?)

EDIT: Ahh, I've noticed the dontHaveAstral() function, and the fact that it only considers the Astral Mace for muscle classes, not the Astral Bludgeon. Changing that hasn't fixed it for me, though I believe it would have prevented it creating the epic weapon in the first place.

In fact, it now selects some very strange things. I specifically barred Bjorn's Hammer (maxme = maxme + " -equip bjorn's hammer";), and now it wants to equip a skeleton bone in preference to the astral bludgeon! I *guess* it just desperately wants the ML from the offhand Victor puppet thingy?
...yeah, that was it.
Code:
maxme = maxme + " -equip insult comic hellhound puppet ";
solved it.

Last edited:

Theraze

Uncloseting is set through your acquisitive preferences. Tell mafia it can't take stuff from your closet automatically, and it should be safe.

Winterbay

Yep, closeting things you do not want the script to use works. Also, if you don't want it to consider +ML items you can always disallow ML and it will only use the MCD as appropriate instead.

Also, at lower levels the +Mus from the hammer is generally better than the +Mus from the astral bludgeon and so will be picked for that matter as well.

Also: New version has been committed to the SVN with the following changes:
Code:
        - Adapt get_res for the new maximize functionality as well as using that for the Twin Peak
        - Fix maximizer string for zombies during the nuns
        - Add option to get an Epic Legendary Weapon (bcasc_gteLEW) (Thanks to Ioeth for much of the code)
        - Add adventuring for all tower items (Thanks to Ioeth for much of the code)
        - Add auto-adventuring for most of the Clancy adventures
        - Add possibility to do the ROFL-quest in the setting bcasc_ROFL

The new maximizer code actually removed some 300 lines of code...

Palinathas

Thanks again for all you do, two things about this revision.

Is that supposed to be bcasc_getLEW, or is gte correct?

and

Expected ;, found || (bumcheekascend.ash, line 4117)

Winterbay

It was indeed intended to be bcasc_getLEW which I've now fixed and the other error as well. Now it verifies again, hopefully it also runs as intended :)

Ioeth

A bug got introduced in the automatic adventuring for gate items when going farming for Tasty Fun Good rice candy. Even if the script thinks it needs an Angry Farmer Candy, it goes to get a Tasty Fun Good rice candy instead, since they're easier, but consultHebo is still looking for the Angry Farmer Candy, so it won't yellow ray the Anime Smiley.

Ioeth

I think we've got a bug in the LEW quest too. There's an explicit maximize command for 4 clownosity, but the bumAdv call that handles adventuring until the clownlord has no maxme string specified, so it has the potential to remove clownosity items, which just happened to me.

Ioeth

Winterbay

I think we've got a bug in the LEW quest too. There's an explicit maximize command for 4 clownosity, but the bumAdv call that handles adventuring until the clownlord has no maxme string specified, so it has the potential to remove clownosity items, which just happened to me.

A bug got introduced in the automatic adventuring for gate items when going farming for Tasty Fun Good rice candy. Even if the script thinks it needs an Angry Farmer Candy, it goes to get a Tasty Fun Good rice candy instead, since they're easier, but consultHebo is still looking for the Angry Farmer Candy, so it won't yellow ray the Anime Smiley.

Both of these should be fixed now I think. Also, is there a reason why isTowerItemMonster sets to true if the item is none and the monster is a baseball bat?

I'm not sure if this is a known issue or not but I keep having trouble getting the continuum transfunctioner. It just gets stuck in a continuous loop for me. below is the last iteration of the loop and then me getting it manually with no problem, after which BCC runs without issue.

Code:
Unable to meet all requirements via equipment changes.
See the Modifier Maximizer for further suggestions.
BCC: Maximizing '+equip continuum transfunctioner +item drop'
Maximizing...
16 combinations checked, best score 131.00 (FAIL)
KoLmafia declares world peace.
See the Modifier Maximizer for further suggestions.
Encounter: The Crackpot Mystic
You acquire an item: continuum transfunctioner

Winterbay

Are you using the SVN-version or the Relese version? Because I am pretty certain it is working fine for me in the SVN-version... If it's the first then I guess we need to release a new version asap :)

Winterbay

Well, yes, it may be slightly unstable at times, but when things change in KoL (in this case the URL for the mystic) the SVN version will at least work :)

I'll poke Bumcheekcity to see if we can't release a new version soon.

Ioeth

Both of these should be fixed now I think. Also, is there a reason why isTowerItemMonster sets to true if the item is none and the monster is a baseball bat?

Yes, because baseball bat's can drop sonar-in-a-biscuit, like most of the other bats in the zone.