EoD Softcore Ascension Script

Zen00

When doing the haunted boiler room and such, the familiar should default to items, not meat which seems to be the current case.

If you recover some of the Nuns meat manually, then start the script, it will find itself in a endless loop when it can't get 100,000 meat.

If you run out of adventures while paddling frats it enters an endless loop.

Any way to get it to stop if you hit one of the rare adventures on the hippy battlefield?

Last edited:

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Any way to get it to stop if you hit one of the rare adventures on the hippy battlefield?
This caught my eye, since I couldn't understand what you meant.

Are you talking about the War Heroes?

If so, why would you want it stop? How would doing so change your life? Ascend enough, and it's just Ho Hum, Another War Hero.

Zen00

This caught my eye, since I couldn't understand what you meant.

Are you talking about the War Heroes?

If so, why would you want it stop? How would doing so change your life? Ascend enough, and it's just Ho Hum, Another War Hero.

I don't know, just add it to the settings an option to turn this on/off. I've never seen any of the war heroes, plus some of them drop some valuable items I'd like to be notified if I get one of for selling/using purposes.

I'm thoroughly unlucky, despite having played KoL for 10 years, I've yet to even get an ultra-rare encounter. Probably because I annoyed Jick once.

Anyways, I checked, and despite having set in the settings form that I wanted it to pull the coffee pixie item, it still pulled the gravy fairy item, so maybe there's a bug there?

Last edited:

Zen00

Day 3 (AT):

Despite setting the settings for a 100% familiar run, it has decided to swap my familiar out anyways.... Strike this out.
Seems that when the script was updated it reset all my settings back to default.

It would be nice if KOL Mafia didn't auto-scroll you to the bottom of the CLI every time something new pops up. Not your fault, but just throwing it out there if someone who does this stuff sees it.

You acquire an item: Talisman o' Nam
Successfully created Talisman o' Nam (1)
Successfully created snakehead charrrm (-1)
Creation failed, no results detected.
Creating snakehead charrrm (2 of 2)...
Creation failed, no results detected.
We now have the Talisman.

It seems that when you go to fight Spookyraven, it doesn't check to see if the effect Heavy Petting is still in play, so you go into that combat with -10% stats if it is.

It should probably hold off on finishing off the 16 - 19 drinking until after doing the cellar (unless you don't have the adventures needed to initiate Spookyraven), so that you can drink any wine you get while down there, instead of having it resort to some "decent" level booze to fill off the 3 points if you don't have anything better.

Character 2, day 3 (DB):

Also the reason for 2 different clients was because I didn't know the script differentiated for characters at the time, so I guess I'll just run one from now on.

It took 33 adventures to get 1 S.O.C.K. at The Penultimate Fantasy Airship.
Finished raiding the Air Ship. Onward to the castle!
Begin our Castle Assault.
Set mood trigger: When I run low on Smooth Movements, cast 1 Smooth Movement
Restoring MP! Currently at 190 of 217 HP, 3 of 161 MP, current meat: 5023 ... Target MP = 10.
Purchasing Knob Goblin seltzer (1 @ 80)...
You acquire an item: Knob Goblin seltzer
You spent 80 Meat
Purchases complete.
Using 1 Knob Goblin seltzer...
You gain 9 Mojo Points
Finished using 1 Knob Goblin seltzer.
Casting Smooth Movement 1 times...
You acquire an effect: Smooth Movements (duration: 10 Adventures)
Smooth Movement was successfully cast.
Mood swing complete.
You got a Mohawk wig so we will use it
choiceAdventure678 => 1
choiceAdventure677 => 1
Putting on Mohawk wig...
Equipment changed.
Maximizing...
16 combinations checked, best score 776.03
Putting on metal band T-shirt...
Equipment changed.
Mood swing complete.
Mind control device already at 10

Visit to Beanstalk: The Castle in the Clouds in the Sky (Top Floor) in progress...

[470] The Castle in the Clouds in the Sky (Top Floor)
Encounter:
Nothing more to do here.

Catches in an endless loop here. No idea why it skipped the bottom floor.

We have currently explored 85% of the desert.
Searching for "killing jar"...
Search complete.
Pulling items from storage...
You just pulled killing jar successfully.
Encounter: A Sietch in Time
You do not have killing jar in storage and you allow for buys so buying it for 176 and then pulling.
Using cached search results for killing jar...
Purchasing killing jar (1 @ 176)...
Store unavailable. Skipping...
Desired purchase quantity not reached (wanted 1, got 0)
You do not have killing jar in storage and you allow for buys so buying it for 176 and then pulling.
Search complete.
Search complete.
Search complete.

Another endless loop. Seems it forgot I already turned it in.

That's it for my formal errors today.

When doing the haunted boiler room and such, the familiar should default to items, not meat which seems to be the current case.
The boiler doesn't have any items you need so it goes to meat to train the familiar for nuns.

If you recover some of the Nuns meat manually, then start the script, it will find itself in a endless loop when it can't get 100,000 meat.
Not sure why it would do that. The logic is based on a KoLMafia property
Code:
while (get_property("currentNunneryMeat").to_int() < 100000) {

If you run out of adventures while paddling frats it enters an endless loop.
Thanks for catching that, added some aborts.

You can set this up yourself by changing your CCS. Have it abort when you fight a rare. Most of the items they drop aren't worth much like 5-10k meat. You could just buy all their rares if you want them.
Anyways, I checked, and despite having set in the settings form that I wanted it to pull the coffee pixie item, it still pulled the gravy fairy item, so maybe there's a bug there?
Maybe, or the setting got changed due to poor implementation on my part. Double check it is still set to the coffee item and if so Ill track down the problem.

Despite setting the settings for a 100% familiar run, it has decided to swap my familiar out anyways.... Strike this out.
Seems that when the script was updated it reset all my settings back to default.
Yep, that is a major flaw I am trying to fix. Currently, the only two ways to "save" changes is to rename the Vars file, change stuff in it, and import that new named file into the AscendFunctions.

The other way is to change stuff in the VARS file and then type "svn sync". But you have to make changes to the file in the SVN folder and remember to sync them. Without doing one of those two things, every time the VARS file gets updated, it will over-write your settings.

It would be nice if KOL Mafia didn't auto-scroll you to the bottom of the CLI every time something new pops up. Not your fault, but just throwing it out there if someone who does this stuff sees it.
Haha I feel the same way sometimes ;). You can read everything in the session log, or throttle your connection to make it go slower. There might be other ways but I unfortunately don't know them.

The nam thing is a feature ;). I don't think heavy petting on/off would make much of a diff.

It should probably hold off on finishing off the 16 - 19 drinking until after doing the cellar (unless you don't have the adventures needed to initiate Spookyraven), so that you can drink any wine you get while down there, instead of having it resort to some "decent" level booze to fill off the 3 points if you don't have anything better.

When did it drink the last 3?

The castle error is a problem with KoLMafia keeping track of your prefs. The killing jar thing....I have no idea what that is about. It seems like you are still have character pref issues. They *might* go away when you ascend but you can look to see what your prefs are and if they are changing appropriately. If you are still having issues with them you might want to make a topic in community support and maybe someone can give you advice.

Last edited:

Crowther

I don't know, just add it to the settings an option to turn this on/off. I've never seen any of the war heroes, plus some of them drop some valuable items I'd like to be notified if I get one of for selling/using purposes.
Veracity was nicely asking why it's worth someone's time to make those changes and you replied, "I don't know, just add it". I don't know how she feels about that, but it certainly rubbed me wrong. I believe this script requires you to have your own custom combat script, so you can simply add whatever monsters you want and tell mafia to abort when it sees them. You haven't convinced me there's a reason to add this feature for anyone else.

Code:
[C.A.R.N.I.V.O.R.E. Operative]
abort

[Glass of Orange Juice]
abort

[Neil]
abort

[Slow Talkin' Elliot]
abort

[Zim Merman]
abort

[War Frat Streaker]
abort

[Brutus, the Toga-Clad Lout]
abort

[Danglin' Chad]
abort

[Monty Basingstoke-Pratt, IV]
abort

[Next-Generation Frat Boy]
abort

Zen00

Veracity was nicely asking why it's worth someone's time to make those changes and you replied, "I don't know, just add it". I don't know how she feels about that, but it certainly rubbed me wrong. I believe this script requires you to have your own custom combat script, so you can simply add whatever monsters you want and tell mafia to abort when it sees them. You haven't convinced me there's a reason to add this feature for anyone else.

I'm sorry if it rubbed you wrong, I was attempting to phrase it as a feature request, not a demand which you felt I was making. I hope you see no harm in making requests for additional features though.

One thing the script should handle is making pies with your keys at the end of the run, so you can reuse them next run rather than buying new pies from the market. Though if you do the ascension manually KOL Mafia will handle making Key Limes with them if you click the links provided in the ascension checklist. Just it's worth a turn to bake it into pies rather than spending another 4k in the market for them. Which is funny because Jarlsber/Boris are 4k, but Sneaky Petes are 2k.

He had two separate KoLMafia folders for two different characters which may have led to problems with his prefs for one/both characters. He has report numerous problems which are all related to me acquiring his pref settings for a quest and then taking action based on it.

For the specific castle example, I have this function for determining where one should adventure in the castle
Code:
int checkFloor2() { 
	if (to_int(get_property("lastCastleGroundUnlock")) != my_ascensions())
		return 0;
	else if (to_int(get_property("lastCastleTopUnlock")) != my_ascensions())
		return 1;
	else return 2;
}

It returned 2 even though he had just started the castle. I have hence modified it slightly to default to 0, but it still shouldn't have given a 2.

As for the War Hero thing, I do provide a basic CCS Crow but it is nothing fancy. He probably is thinking back when those items actually meant something. Currently, you could spend 1-2 adventures at Crimbo place and sell the mold for more than any of the "rare" war hero drops.

As for the pie thing, that is out of the scope of this script. If you want to use a basic pre-ascension stuff script, you can take a look at mine (View attachment pre-ascension-stuff.ash) or write your own.

Zen00

Thanks, but I don't think it has to do with grabbing settings, as I'm using two different computers with that thing, one character being run on one, one on the other (work/home, you know), and that's pretty hard to get mixed up, also considering they're running the same day at the same time makes it doubly hard to mess up, as even if I ran the wrong character, it would be with the right script anyways since they have the same things done.

One thing that needs to be done is the script description states ~100k meat is used in pulls, however on a first time pull it uses closer or past ~150k meat now due to inflation (with an empty inventory). On subsequent runs I've done it uses less than ~30k meat, so maybe it all averages out. Any way the script can pull items from your own store if you have it for sale in there? This would facilitate end of run inventory management when most people dump all the junk they collected over the run into their mall stores.

Last edited:
So far, all but I think two of the problems you have ran into have had to deal with the KoLMafia prefs being presented wrong. In my 100 or so test runs, I've never encountered such problems. This is to be expected since the problems are impossible to occur assuming KoLMafia prefs are handled correctly. Since I have never had KoLMafia never set prefs, related to quests and such, incorrectly, I am assuming there is some sort of user error or data corruption. One of your characters seems to run into them more often, is that the one running on the work computer? Does that computer have limited read/write access? Either way, I am unable to fix them unless I wanted to add ~100 extra server hits where I explicitly check quest progression.

One thing I have noticed, the problems you have encountered with the desert involve me checking charpane.php.
Code:
visit_url("charpane.php")
I assumed one can always access this, but it seems in your case that your charpane doesn't have the information I am looking for.

As for the meat thing, it is an estimate. If you do not have the gear it uses already pre-bought then yes it will end up using way more first time ran. Last time I check, mall price for every single item was ~175k. If you don't run the checklist before starting your run, the run will cost more as you are unable to craft your own things. Otherwise, it is around 125k give or take 25k. Eitherway, you make more over the course of a run than it costs. If you are having meat issues, spend a few days farming Crimbo to make a couple mill.

As for the shop thing, I already added a way to save items used by the script to be imputed into Bale's OCD inventory script. If you are not using that, then you are just going to have to make sure you don't put items you are using into the store. But even if you did sell stuff you were going to use, the net balance would be around zero to buy it back.

Zen00

Time for Day 4, then I'll delete this instance of KOL Mafia and see if that helps. By the way, did you do all the writing in this script? I really like it.

Character 2 (DB):

As an FYI, the later check for if the Boss Bat quest is done didn't work either, we'll see if it gets fixed once I install the new client tomorrow.

[664] The Haunted Wine Cellar
Encounter: Lights Out in the Wine Cellar

Visit to Manor0: The Haunted Wine Cellar in progress...

Didn't really stop anything, just wigged out a bit and then kept going.

I should mention that the script doesn't seem to recognize if you have a hand mirror for GMOB, and purchases/pulls one even if you have one in inventory.

Anyways, ran out of adventures at The Hedge Maze. :/ Stupid filthworms didn't drop any Guard pheromones, so had to restart that part of the hippy island and thus... Yeah, RNG hated on me a lot today. Actually strike this.

I managed to use the 3 drunk that was left and a pull to get a scotch on the rocks and grims fairy tale to grab enough adventures to finish barely. :p

Last edited:
Time for Day 4, then I'll delete this instance of KOL Mafia and see if that helps. By the way, did you do all the writing in this script? I really like it.

Thanks, it is originally based of Bumcheek's HC script and uses a lot of its functions which he or others wrote. Over time, I've re-written/changed most of it so its mostly mine at this point but there are still things that are completely from his like the familiar handling/pirate quest/ unlocking hidden city/etc. However, I would have never been able to write the script if it wasn't for Bumcheek as I learned everything from his script and the wiki (I had no code/scripting experience prior to writing this).

Didn't really stop anything, just wigged out a bit and then kept going.

Yeah, if a particular event doesn't abort the script then it usually isn't worth reporting. For that case, it is just how KoLMafia handles that particular encounter.

I should mention that the script doesn't seem to recognize if you have a hand mirror for GMOB, and purchases/pulls one even if you have one in inventory.

Strange, there was a bug like that awhile back that I thought I had fixed... Are you sure you already had a hand mirror? The script doesn't get one until the point it tries to pull it, so you would have had to gotten one yourself by hand.

Anyways, ran out of adventures at The Hedge Maze. :/ Stupid filthworms didn't drop any Guard pheromones, so had to restart that part of the hippy island and thus... Yeah, RNG hated on me a lot today.

That sucks, DBs seem to have a harder time making it in 4 days. They don't get the OP Ode to Booze ;).

Edit: See, aren't you glad I made you use that clockwork maid :p

Zen00

Well, I would have made it fine if it hadn't entered that endless loop on day 1..... :p

Anyways, I meant the "Pwning the sorceress" and other flavor text like that, not the actual code code.

How do you think the script will handle the current path, Picky? Should be easy enough I think.

Zen00

I was chatting in Hardcore earlier today, and while many people think Bumcheeks ascension script is "terrible", your script is described as being "cheap-skate, but works fine". So consider yourself complimented or something. :p

Zen00

Okay, had this happen on my AT while getting an Adder Bladder.

Visit to Woods: The Black Forest in progress...

[883] The Black Forest
Encounter: All Over the Map
Encounter: You Found Your Thrill
Encounter: The Blackberry Cobbler

Then it just endlessly loops instead of say, choosing the blackberry to exit.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Okay, had this happen on my AT while getting an Adder Bladder.

Visit to Woods: The Black Forest in progress...

[883] The Black Forest

Then it just endlessly loops instead of say, choosing the blackberry to exit.
This is the type of thing that Jick complains about out-of-control mafia scripts doing, and then asks if there's a way that mafia can stop scripts from doing that...