EoD Softcore Ascension Script

Another probably dumb question. I do not have the Bling of the new wave, and It keeps aborting on day 2 saying I need that to continue. I am sure there is a way to edit that, but I terrible with coding anything. Any help would be awesome!

There are a minor typo with the function that was causing that abort. It should update and work now as intended. Lemme know if you run into any other problems :).

stolensoul8

Hey thanks for all the help! I am getting stuck on day 2...

You are not a disco bandit or already have the skill
You are not a disco bandit or already have the skill
BCC: Switching Familiar for General Use
BCC: Setting the default familiar to your choice of 'Baby Gravy Fairy'.
Getting Pirate Fledges.
Maximizing...
16 combinations checked, best score 247.25
Mood swing complete.
Mind control device already at 10
Resetting mind control device...
Mind control device reset.
Getting the Orcish Frat House blueprints.
We are going to get 1 Orcish Frat House Blueprints at Barrrney's Barrr.

Visit to Island: Barrrney's Barrr in progress...
You can't get to that area.

I can get into barrrneys bar tho.... Any idea what is wrong there? Thanks!

stolensoul8

CCS set to EoDMoxieDBAscend
(but battle action is currently set to attack with weapon)
Failed to run the script as you are on Day 2 and this is for Day 1.

I just ascended and Tried to run day 1 and it is giving me the error that I am on day 2. Any way to manually set the counter back to day 1? I tried adjusting preferences to 1 but it but it gave me the same error and then would revert back to 2. Thanks!

Last edited:
Hello stolensoul8, I occasionally get stuck like that and what I do is go out to the relay browser and see if I can manually access the adventure. Sometimes the script fails to pull equipment or otherwise loses track of what is happening. If you can't access the area find out what is wrong and report it here. Otherwise retry the script once more after manually running a turn in the target area.
To set the day number use "set EoD_Ascend_Day=1" at the CLI command line.

JohnDoe244

Any idea why Day 1 is trying to level me up using the hidden temple... but not fighting bars or using the increase mainstat option on the choice adventure?

Theraze

Just a guess, but it's probably based on pre-recode HT, when noncombats made it a great levelling place. Unlike now.

ArlonCarol

I assume the Manor quest has changed since this was made since it keeps adventuring in the Pantry to find the manor. Is there any other major changes to quests that break this script? Is it worth it for me to try fixing the Manor piece? Has anyone already tried?

Theraze

Lots of areas have changed. Based on the HT comment, it probably doesn't have the right Hidden City code, Pyramid code, Manor code, or possibly a lot of specific location changes. Probably.

If you don't have a major objection to it on spiritual grounds, might I suggest trying BCA which is still being updated and works?

ArlonCarol

Lots of areas have changed. Based on the HT comment, it probably doesn't have the right Hidden City code, Pyramid code, Manor code, or possibly a lot of specific location changes. Probably.

If you don't have a major objection to it on spiritual grounds, might I suggest trying BCA which is still being updated and works?

I have tried it but for some reason I can't get it to work with softcore stuff, it runs into more problems than EoD's does for me.

Guess I just need to stop being lazy and learn about all the new quest changes and fix stuff myself.

I'd give more specifics about what problems it runs into but I can't remember most of them off the top of my head, I'll make a list next time I ascend which should be tomorrow. Then, if anyone wants to help me update EoD's scripts that'd be sweet and I'll post any progress I made here. (If that's allowed)

Theraze

Or, y'know, just tell it to run SCasHC. It's as complicated as:
set bcasc_RunSCasHC=true

And then it will run your softcore just like hardcore. Well, mostly. There are a few niggles left that I'll figure out eventually. Such as why the stupid library never finishes automatically in SC... grr... :)

maestroderek

Hey -- I'm getting these errors:
Changing "The Palindome" to "Inside the Palindome" would get rid of this message (EoDSCAscendFunctions.ash, line 3726)
Changing "The Palindome" to "Inside the Palindome" would get rid of this message (EoDSCAscendFunctions.ash, line 3739)
Changing "The Palindome" to "Inside the Palindome" would get rid of this message (EoDSCAscendFunctions.ash, line 3763)
Changing "The Palindome" to "Inside the Palindome" would get rid of this message (EoDSCAscendFunctions.ash, line 3765)
Bad location value: "The Haunted Wine Cellar (automatic)" (EoDSCAscendFunctions.ash, line 4068)

Easy enough to fix the palindome error, but what about the bad location value? My KoLMafia is updated to the latest build

tag

Hey -- I'm getting these errors:
Changing "The Palindome" to "Inside the Palindome" would get rid of this message (EoDSCAscendFunctions.ash, line 3726)
Changing "The Palindome" to "Inside the Palindome" would get rid of this message (EoDSCAscendFunctions.ash, line 3739)
Changing "The Palindome" to "Inside the Palindome" would get rid of this message (EoDSCAscendFunctions.ash, line 3763)
Changing "The Palindome" to "Inside the Palindome" would get rid of this message (EoDSCAscendFunctions.ash, line 3765)
Bad location value: "The Haunted Wine Cellar (automatic)" (EoDSCAscendFunctions.ash, line 4068)

Easy enough to fix the palindome error, but what about the bad location value? My KoLMafia is updated to the latest build

Change line 4068 from:
Code:
adventure(25, $location[The Haunted Wine Cellar (automatic)]);

to

Code:
adventure(25, $location[The Haunted Wine Cellar]);

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
That change would be kind of useless since the script will fail at finishing the quest. I suspect the pyramid quest also needs updating in this script. With that in mind, this script probably isn't very usable (for later quests at least) until some meaningful changes are made.

Meaningful changes have been made! :D

All the new areas and what nots have been added. It still needs some tweaking for the leveling logic after the non-combat stat nerfs, but it should once again move smoothly through the quests.

Last edited:

Zen00

Lets see if I can ennumerate some of the issues I've run into for your future tweaking.

* If you don't manually change KoLMafia "custom combat" tab from "Attack With Weapon" to "Custom Combat Script", when you attempt to unlock any Hidden City areas, the script will fail with message, "Cannot hit anything there".
* Don't know how it happened, but someone I got stuck where the script didn't remember that I'd already given Gnorman (the desert hermit guy) the items needed for getting his sight seeing pamphlets, causing it to adventure at the Oasis endlessly looking for a flower it would never find.
* Occasionally it won't be able to auto-recover from Beaten Up effect for unknown reasons.

There's more, but these are the ones off the top of my head, I'll probably give you the others once I test a couple more runs.

Feature Request

* Add an option to use Astral Belt instead of Astral Shirt

If you need more programming help, I know how to copy and edit an existing script to make it work with another script, so if you want to task me with something to make this better, give me a try, though I'm not very reliable so don't give me anything essential.

Is there a way to call parts of the script without needing to call the whole day up?

Hey Zen, thanks for the feedback!

* If you don't manually change KoLMafia "custom combat" tab from "Attack With Weapon" to "Custom Combat Script", when you attempt to unlock any Hidden City areas, the script will fail with message, "Cannot hit anything there".

It will now automatically set your battle action to custom combat.

* Don't know how it happened, but someone I got stuck where the script didn't remember that I'd already given Gnorman (the desert hermit guy) the items needed for getting his sight seeing pamphlets, causing it to adventure at the Oasis endlessly looking for a flower it would never find.

That is strange, but I think I know why it did that. Ill look into an alternative implementation for that part.

* Occasionally it won't be able to auto-recover from Beaten Up effect for unknown reasons.
Could you list locations you were adventuring at when this occurred? I have a custom heal beaten up function that should cure it.

* Add an option to use Astral Belt instead of Astral Shirt
You can already do this. Just take the Astral Belt instead and it should use it appropriately. If you want to explicitly state for it to use astral belt, you can change it to the default ML item in the "EoDSCAscendVarsandItems.ash", although that isn't necessary since it will never explicitly equip ML items (they are handled through maximize functions).

If you need more programming help, I know how to copy and edit an existing script to make it work with another script, so if you want to task me with something to make this better, give me a try, though I'm not very reliable so don't give me anything essential.

Not sure what kind of help you were thinking of offering. Currently, my goal is to write a relay script to handle the assigning of which items to be used which would clean up if not eliminate the "EoDSCAscendVarsandItems.ash". This will allow me to implement the other classes easier and give people more control over the script. Unfortunately, I have never written a relay script nor anything html/web page related. It is currently a slow learning process :(.

But if you have any ideas on how to make the script better feel free to post them here. If you are looking to change stuff with the script, you could rename the "EoDSCAscendVarsandItems.ash" and change lots of things in there to try out different items and what not. Just remember to change the import in the "EoDSCAscendFunctions.ash".

Is there a way to call parts of the script without needing to call the whole day up?
I am assuming you are referring to the various quest functions? There are a variety of ways you could do that. You could make a blank script, fill it with the various functions you want it to carry out, and run that. For instance,
Code:
 import <EoDSCAscendFunctions.ash>
eod_unlock_temple();
eod_mozzy();
eod_guild();
eod_niche();
eod_nook();
eod_alcove();
eod_cranny();
eod_bonerdagon();
 etc.

Or, you could type the specific function you want to run in the CLI by typing
Code:
ash import <EoDSCAscendFunctions.ash> eod_mozzy();

Last edited:

Zen00

Here's a important question, why are you bothering searching for red pixels for pixel potions, when filthy poltices and gauze garters would work just as well? Should add a script to trade all the random gear from the battlefield for say, 20 HP, 20 MP potions, then meat item after that.

Last edited:

Theraze

Because if the player uses the poultices and garters for regular healing during tower time, you can't get more outside of the mall. Which makes burning 200 turns so you can unlock the mall rather silly. :)

Zen00

Because if the player uses the poultices and garters for regular healing during tower time, you can't get more outside of the mall. Which makes burning 200 turns so you can unlock the mall rather silly. :)

Just set a check that says if poultice = 5 or more then use, else don't. Simple.

Also it keeps yelling that using Galatik for mojo restoration is disabled, I can't find where to fix that at.

Here's a important question, why are you bothering searching for red pixels for pixel potions, when filthy poltices and gauze garters would work just as well? Should add a script to trade all the random gear from the battlefield for say, 20 HP, 20 MP potions, then meat item after that.

I don't. Only time the script gets pixels is when it is making the digital key. It will attempt to turn any leftover pixels from that into some pixel potions if it can. If you have funkslinging, then the shadow is pretty trivial and it will only use fp/gg. If you do not have that skill, the shadow is a lot harder with just fp/gg. It is quite common for the tower to fail at the shadow, when one does not have funkslinging, due to bad RNG.

I could, and probably should, make an option to have it turn in all your gear for fps/ggs, but it currently only gets about 6. (at the time of writing the script, it was more economical to do other things with your war items)